BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 171 - 180 of 2059 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...206

Forum » Thread

Re Single Harness System
You have a point K.C. I actually have an Exped Lighting myself. For a big pack its great, I'm trying to make something a bit smaller for shorter hikes. Even with all the water I need for two d...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help Us Design the Ultimate UltraLight Pack
February 16, 4:08pm

Re Re Another Idea
The whole point of the single stay is the way it fits my lower pack. So an I shape is out. The link to David's pack page is here http://bedrockandparadox.com/2013/11/11/introducing-the...

February 16, 3:36pm

Another Idea
Just thought of another idea. What about a piece of webbing folded over and sewn across the top. If the stay channel ended in that the stay would be pushing on an 11 inch wide piece of fabric rat...

February 16, 3:21pm

Re Ultimate Pack
Uh oh, good point on the frame Ron. I'll have to think long and hard about that one. Think reinforcing patches or running a strip of webbing across the top would help spread the stress out? ...

February 16, 2:54pm

Committes
Ah the committee jokes... I've seen enough BPL threads to not take too much advice:) Its mostly a question of fabric choices now.

February 16, 9:53am

Re Absaroka
Actually the Absaroka worked very nicely for me, unfortunately it lacked durability. I pretty much know what I want I just want to hear if anyone has a "watch out for that" idea. Weird ...

February 16, 9:47am

Calling Pack Makers Help Us Design the Ultimate Pack
I'm working on a new pack idea with Chris Zimmer and would be interested to hear other's input, my theory is the more minds the better. Here are my requirements. 1. It needs to have a ...

February 16, 8:58am

Glad You're Here
Welcome aboard. BPL is the only online thing I keep up with (other then email). Its a bit slow now because its winter. Wait till summer and things will get livelier.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Guy Introduction
February 15, 10:34pm

Exped Lightnight
Might help to know what type of load you are carrying. I'm inclined to think it will be on the heavy side occasionally if you're doing longer trips and trips with scouts. I am a big ...

In GEAR » Women's Backpacks
February 15, 6:50pm

Question about the Lumbar Pad
Hey David I'm working on a similar pack and would be very interested to know if you have any sketches of this? Also I'm really curious about the size of the lumbar area. It looks like the...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: A flexible frame for ultralight backpacks
February 15, 6:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.