BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 171 - 180 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...211

Forum » Thread

Packrafting Question
I've decided to spend this summer learning to packraft. A bit about my background I've done a lot of canoeing and have done mild whitewater in a canoe. I've also been on commercial ra...

In Packrafting » Packrafting Question
March 22, 1:06pm

Try These
Couple Ideas First sometimes I just don't want to be alone. I'm a single guy and don't have a lot of close friends at work. So I may have a great weekend when I could go hiking but...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking solo
March 21, 10:45pm

Pecos?
The Pecos in New Mexico might fit the bill for you. Close to Santa Fe (where I assume there is an airport). I was just up there (on snow shoes). All that said I might stick with the Unitas, bi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Trip Ideas - Utah or Western Colorado in June
March 19, 10:05pm

Hand On
I definitely agree that hands on is better Greg. I did the standard WFA course and the hands on was great. I just don't know if I can spend 9 days, plus the money, plus the hotel room. My wo...

In Other Activities » Wilderness First Responder Training Question
March 18, 6:50pm

Wilderness First Responder Training Question
I have been wanting to get my WFR certification. I first looked at the NOLS courses and they are expensive and hard to fit into my schedule. I did some hunting around and found a couple prog...

In Other Activities » Wilderness First Responder Training Question
March 18, 6:17pm

Golite Jam 70
First I think there is a mistake. The Jam 70 is a frameless pack, is has NO stays. My old version of the pack was tolerable at 25 pounds (I never tried more) but I found a frame was more comforta...

In GEAR » How Comfortable is a GoLite Jam 70 -- Really?
March 16, 2:01pm

Lashing
We built tents like this using a modified square lashing technique. A lot of people make this knot more complicated then it needs to be. What we did was easier and in my opinion plenty stro...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bamboo External Frame Backpack
March 16, 1:55pm

Here's a deal
I have no tent to sell but Six Moons Designs had some pretty good deals.

In Gear Swap » WTB Lightweight tent for $150 or less
March 16, 12:35pm

Gear Question
Just signed up for the swiftwater course. You guys think I should invest in a cheap wet suit? I wouldn't us it on most PR trips but I'm guessing we'll spend a lot of time in the water...

In Packrafting » APA Packraft Roundup, July 11-13
March 15, 1:51am

Pack and other things
Can you take things off the McHale? Looks to me like a lot of his packs have removable packets etc. Might save some there. I would get an Exped Lighting 60. They are starting to go on sale fo...

In Gear Lists » JMT Gear List - Need to lost 3-5lbs
March 14, 2:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.