BPL Community Profile

Brett . (Brett1234) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale CA
About Me Brett . has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer gear list 10'C

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brett .

Showing 171 - 180 of 1437 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...144

Forum » Thread

Dan, thanks, Ill give them a call
..regarding those uninsulated glove shells!

In GEAR » If Only Someone Made A.....
October 28, 8:13am

Margaret, depends on exchange rate
Margaret, The difference depends on the dollar/yen exchange rate. MB rarely goes on sale here in Japan, except last years stuff at the outlet. You can check the prices here and then convert to $$...

In Multiple Use Gear » Modular Sleep Setup
October 28, 8:11am

re:Looking for a Down Jacket
Ryan, I have used the thermawrap and the Light Alpine Down, not the UL inner down. I thought the thermawrap and UL were equal, so went with the warmer Light Alpine Down for conditions colder then a...

In GEAR » Looking for a Down Jacket
October 28, 8:09am

Richard et al.; I can go. re;Mont-bell Super Stretch Burrow Bag
Richard, I can go almost any day; the Shibuya MB is 15min from my work. They have most the bags hanging on a rack; I could measure approximate double thickness loft and report back if there is int...

In GEAR » Mont-bell Super Stretch Burrow Bag Loft?
October 28, 8:05am

Outdoor Writing Gear- Camera with sound only
My advice is basically the same as Ben's, but you can choose your digital camera so it has voice recording capability. I can fit more than 100 hours of good quality mono on a 2G card with the c...

In GEAR » Outdoor Writing Gear
October 27, 10:32pm

Flashlight/Headlamp Suggestions- Petzl zipka
My Princeton also died. My Petzl Zipka is still going strong and is the most versitile light I have owned. It is the light I reach for first, and recommend first. Not the brightest or lightest o...

In GEAR » Flashlight/Headlamp Suggestions
October 25, 10:33pm

Steven, sorry about that!
In a recent add for UL down here, MB did not even picture the UL down parka; maybe it will never be sold here. Sorry I could not come through on that one for you.. :(

In Multiple Use Gear » Modular Sleep Setup
October 25, 10:26pm

Patagonia DAS vs hooded Micro Puff
Dave, I don't know what low temps you are expecting, but I chose the DAS parka and Micro-puff pants for winter hiking in the Japan alps when my thermawrap set is not enough. Including windchill...

In GEAR » Patagonia DAS vs hooded Micro Puff
October 25, 10:20pm

canceled- disregard
canceled

In Gear Deals » Wood burning stove $22
October 24, 9:01pm

Golite Ether vs Patagonia Houdini vs Montbell UL
Robert, I agree with Ben, and Im also a fan of MB bags; and insulation layers for that matter. But take any of those windhshirts you are considering, hold up a single layer to your mouth, and attem...

In GEAR » Golite Ether vs Patagonia Houdini vs Montbell UL wind Parka
October 23, 10:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Brett .

Showing 1 - 10 of 32 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

5.11 gear Tactical nylon pants
These pants weigh in at 720grams, that's a pound and a half, folks. I bought them as winter hiking pants because I do not need the convertable feature of my other pants in winter, but I found thes...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 05, 10:00pm

Petzl Tikka XP
In preparation for a night hike I wanted to buy a new headlamp. Technology has come a long way since my old Zipka Plus.. (and I couldn't find it!) After a few hours of research including

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
September 04, 11:58pm

Cilogear Schoolbag
I got my second Cilogear last week, what Graham calls the "Schoolbag". Here in BPL land it makes for a very nice day-hiking pack and I bet many BPL members could fit a weekend kit into its 3...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
September 04, 3:30am

tiny BIC lighter (the cute one)
I carry various types of fire making gear for my own educational and practice purposes, but I always have one of these 11 gram bics taped to my keychain or in my pot set. They won't flame when soa...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 06, 10:53pm

SnowClaw Backcountry Shovel Racer Backcountry Shovel
My snow claw is one of the more recent models. I used it on one winter trip for bivy prep; I can move snow at a higher rate than with a shovel due to the low inertia of the blade; I dug into a 45'...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
August 05, 11:44pm

Montbell Versalite rain pants
Just bought these today and tested them in a thunderstorm tonight. My usual test sequence is based on recommendations from one of our members. 1. The sitting test applies about 10,000mm head; 2. kneel...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 30, 9:25am

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
This device reliably makes sparks as advertised; even when wet. But so will an 11 gram mini-bic. So I carry the bic. Also, the tiny spark-maker from a Spark-lite is also a fraction of this item'...

In Cookware - Other
July 30, 9:07am

Petzl Zipka
If I only kept one light out of my selection; I would keep this one. Additionally, if someone requested my advice on one light to buy, this would be it. It is my default flashlight for any situation. ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
July 30, 8:55am

Montbell U.L. 90 Sleeping Pad U.L. 90
I own the 120cm version, but aside from the dimensions and weight, it is identical. This pad is not remarkable on its own, but as part of the Montbell sleep system, it is. The toggles mate with the...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
July 19, 2:04am

Sealskinz gloves
Sealskinz absorb water like a big fat sponge, and weighing them on my scale, they did indeed double in weight when wet. Totally unaceptable, and uncomfortable. Returned to REI.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 09, 9:32pm