Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Coyle (Bigsac) - BPL Guest

My Locale NorCal
About Me John Coyle has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Coyle

Showing 171 - 180 of 214 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Digital Thermometer
I bought a digital thermometer a month ago at REI for 8-9 dollars. It is called the Digital Dangler and comes with a neck strap. It has the date, time and temperature. It seems to be pretty accu...

In GEAR » Digital thermometer
May 21, 9:42am

John Muir National Historic Site
Some of you might also be interested in the John Muir National Historic Site in Martinez California (near San Francisco in Northern California) which is administered by the U.S. National Park Servi...

In Editor's Roundtable » John Muir's Birthplace - a Photo Essay
April 29, 11:45am

Marmot Ion vs. Original Driclime windshirts
I'm not familiar with the Ion, but I have an original Driclime. As James said, it has a liner similar to 100 weight Polartech which gives it some warmth, but makes it less versitile. I don...

In GEAR » Marmot Ion vs. Original Driclime windshirts
April 07, 9:38am

Montbell Thermawrap Jacket
George I am 6' 1", 190 lbs. and I went with the extra large. I tried the large, but it was too tight around the torso. The sleeves are a little long for me on the extra large, but the to...

In GEAR » Montbell Thermawrap Jacket
March 19, 11:10am

New Balance 812's
Several months ago I considered buying the 812's, but ended up buying the NB 908's on sale from Zappos.com instead. Both are designated by NB as trail runners. The 908's are discontin...

In GEAR » New Balance 812's
March 17, 1:42pm

Shoe Fit Question
I'm getting a little confused about shoe fit terminology. OK, here's my situation. With all the shoes I have had, I wear out the outside heal first. In other words, as I walk, my heals st...

In GEAR » Shoe Fit Question
February 12, 12:45pm

Hardrock Fit
Shoe fit is such a personal thing that I almost hate to give shoe fit advice, but here goes. I have a pair of '07 Hardrocks which I bought in store, on sale at the Sacramento REI. My shoe siz...

In GEAR » Montrail Hardrock fit?
January 26, 1:18pm

Affordable Rain Pants
Click on the shop tab at the top of this page and check out the Brawny Gear and DriDucks rain gear offered by this very site. I recently purchased an entire DriDucks rainsuit at a local store here...

In GEAR » Affordable Rain Pants
October 08, 11:07am

Knife Sharpener
I read with interest the knife thread below, but I was wondering about knife sharpeners. Have any of you used the Spyderco Triangle Sharpmaker? It gets favorable reviews on Amazon.com and I'm ...

In GEAR » Knife Sharpener
August 16, 2:08pm

canister stoves
Jared, I have an older Gigapower and the Coleman F1 Ultralight. They are both good stoves, but I prefer the F1 because it is much less sensitive to wind than the Gigapower. It is advisable to use...

In GEAR » stoves, stoves and more stoves questions
August 05, 10:31am

All Reader Reviews by John Coyle

John Coyle has posted no reviews.