Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 171 - 180 of 1325 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...133

Forum » Thread

Re: Ventilation in double wall tents
Mesh inners provide more ventilation. More mesh = more ventilation. For hot, humid conditions, select a shelter which you can leave the fly very open, even during a hard rain. A tarp with either...

In GEAR » Ventilation in double wall tents
May 21, 11:15pm

Re: How many F degrees of warmth can a silk sleeping liner and a LW down puffy add?
"jagbag silk sleeping liner and the MH Ghost whisperer down jacket (unhooded) can add to a sleeping bag" I've never tried either, but I'd guess around +10F. "how many m...

In GEAR » How many F degrees of warmth can a silk sleeping liner and a LW down puffy add?
May 21, 11:06pm

Re: Confusion
Inflatables are probably not the best choice for a trek of this length. That leaves CCF pads, which are not available in thicknesses which would allow one to take only one pad. Also, lack of snow i...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad
May 21, 2:48pm

Re: How to reach 5F with pad, sleeping bag, liner, down jacket, hat and long underwear
Estimates for an average metabolism female based on my experience as a slightly higher than average metabolism male: Pad: 1 RidgeRest Solar full length (r-value 3.5) 1 RidgeRest Solar torso le...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad
May 21, 1:52pm

Re: ULA Circuit - A Successful Navy Blue Dyeing Session
Nice-looking pack! I had similar results dyeing a GG Gorilla from gray to green. I used a 5 gallon bucket, and I did any rinsing and washing in that also.

In GEAR » ULA Circuit - A Successful Navy Blue Dyeing Session
May 21, 1:36pm

Stove for long trip
For a trip of that length, I'd recommend using a small cooking fire when possible. That means you'll need the skills, tools and knowledge to build a fire in all environments and conditions....

In GEAR » Wood-burning stove, denatured alcohol stove or a Solid-fuel tablet stove?
May 21, 9:04am

Controversy
Never discuss religion or politics. Or paracord. ;-)

In Chaff » Hobby Lobby has good selection of 550 cord
May 21, 8:50am

Re: Re: Re: Soylent Green is People
"I also was very surprised they would go with that name but maybe they are targeting people my age most of which would not get the reference. Or they think it's funny." Or, when it...

In GEAR » Soylent Green is People
May 16, 11:51am

Re: Where would you setup camp in this picture
I'd go into the forest as low as time and flood possibility permit. I don't think I small cluster of trees provides significantly more lightening protection than one tree.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where would you setup camp in this picture
May 15, 11:00pm

Re: Re: The never ending search for alternative rain gear
"Get a poncho." Nick, How do you avoid getting a poncho shredded by cacti? Use a waist cord and avoidance? Or is there another secret?

In GEAR » The never ending search for alternative rain gear
May 14, 8:23am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.