BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Andy F hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 171 - 180 of 1163 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...117

Forum » Thread

Re: polyester vs. nylon bottoms
Look for polyester running shorts. There are also softshell shorts if you want something more durable and heavier. Sometimes the softshell material is nylon though.

In GEAR » polyester vs. nylon bottoms
September 17, 10:11am

Re: Steripen Customer Service
Exact same experience here. Mine was brand new.

In GEAR » Steripen Customer Service
September 13, 10:23am

Re: 10-20F Clothing List
I'd prefer wool over Seal Skinz for sleeping so that my feet can dry out. Are you using a hammock? Your system seems about right for a hammock, but I think you need more insulation undernea...

In Gear Lists » 10-20F Clothing List
September 13, 10:20am

Re: Recommend 2-3 day hike West Virginia /Fall colors
For wide open views and forested trails mixed together, There's a whole network of trails in Dolly Sods which you could make a loop of. Fall foliage there peaks around Sept. 20-Oct 10th I think...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Recommend 2-3 day hike West Virginia /Fall colors
September 12, 10:11am

Re: Newb question- removing stays from backpack
If they are difficult to put back in (unlikely), dampen the nylon sleeves and wait a few minutes. Nylon stretching when wet is annoying with tarps and tents, but it works well for something like this.

In GEAR » Newb question- removing stays from backpack
September 11, 10:03am

Re: Looking to go lighter still
Ken, Make two gear lists. One of them is what you need to survive without breaking laws or putting yourself in danger. The other is extras--what you like to have with you on a trip. Go on two da...

In Gear Lists » Looking to go lighter still
September 11, 9:02am

Re: Newbie With Questions
I have or have tried numerous tents, including TT Moment, Scarp 2, Hogback, and the Golite Shangrila 3 to which I sewed in detachable netting to make it like a tarptent. I still use the Scarp 2 and...

In GEAR » Newbie With Questions
September 10, 10:43am

Re: marmot hydrogen or mont bell ul ss #3
I agree with all of the above comments. I have the MB SS #3, which I purchased last year. It seems to be accurately rated, and has awesome DWR! I read that the heavier Hydrogen is a bit warmer, so ...

In GEAR » marmot hydrogen or mont bell ul ss #3
September 10, 10:32am

Re: What is your SUL sleep system?
1.6 oz polycro (if not using tent) 8.3 oz Ridgerest 20x48 inches 21 oz Montbell SS UL #3 down bag (30F EN tested) This is good down to 30F, a little lower if I carry and wear a jacket. I&#...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » What is your SUL sleep system?
September 10, 8:09am

Re: Thanks!
"As for footwear I would be using my goosefeet socks with my hiking shoes sitting at camp and the bread bags as a waterproof/VB layer either outside or inside my sock depending on weather, if ...

In Gear Lists » White Mtns. (shoulder seasons) advice please
September 08, 10:31am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.