Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Benson (AaronMB) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Valley California
About Me English Grad' student who loves the outdoors.

Getting lighter!
CityVisalia
StateCA
My PDF Gear ListAaron's Warm(er) Season Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Benson

Showing 171 - 180 of 305 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...31

Forum » Thread

re: multi use Kupilka
Doug - I like your lost sporran idea. Do they make a one liter size? Definitely a hip trowel. Aquamira drops mixer? Maybe a dice roller for all those SUL dice-packing Yahtzee fans? Pe...

In GEAR » Kupilka Classic Drinking Vessel
May 31, 3:47pm

re: Neoprene Hoody
My upper body sweats quite a bit even in mild weather but I often get around that with very careful layering/venting, or by simply bringing an extra shirt to change into when I get to camp. If you&...

In GEAR » Neoprene Hoody
May 31, 1:38pm

re: George I don't get it.
Al, check out WAG Bags... You might be sorry you asked though! ;)

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
May 31, 11:26am

re: Patagonia down sweater
I've also PM'd. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia down Sweater / Small, black, half zip
May 27, 11:39am

re: Gram Weenie
Follow the provided link. There already is an iOS version.

In GEAR » Gram Weenie for Android
May 26, 8:10am

re: fabric wear testing
I like the above rotisserie-motor idea. My first thought was a giant rock-tumbler like device - a little rotating cement mixer thing with a bunch of tennis balls or whatever thrown inside with the ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Help me Brainstorm Fabric "Wear" Testing
May 24, 10:46am

re: first MYOG project
I say start with a few simple stuff sacks made from low cost/expendable material, especially if this is your first time sewing on a machine. Once you think you have a feel for the machine, make som...

In Make Your Own Gear » Newbie to MYOG
May 24, 10:32am

re: cheap starter tarp
For kicks, I just picked up the new [and cheap] Outdoor Products 7'x5' tarp from Walmart; $10.00. It has grommets but seems to be made well enough, considering. It isn't super light wei...

In GEAR » Good starter tartp
May 23, 9:09am

re: sleeping bag storage sack
The various kinds of 'Dollar Stores' usually have some kind of large draw-string laundry sack. I got one for a quilt that didn't have its own sack - works great.

In GEAR » Makeshift sleeping bag storage sack?
May 22, 8:50am

re: rain skirt
J. - a rain skirt is just that! Indeed, it's a "wrap" or skirt of some type that one folds/wraps around their waste and provides a level of water resistance/proofing to the legs; skir...

In GEAR » Convince me of the merits of gaiters.
May 18, 8:32am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Benson

Aaron Benson has posted no reviews.