Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 171 - 180 of 378 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: nice!
> Space wise, methinks you will be happier with the Rainbow -- and this tarptent is wonderful for use in temperate areas with low to moderate humidity. But if you frequently camp in colder or hi...

In GEAR » REI: dividend + discount + 2 hp = BA Fly Creek UL1
March 27, 1:55pm

Re: TT Hogback vs. Golite 2010 Shangri-La 5+
Here are some comparisons between the Hogback and Shangri-La 5 interiors. The green fabric is the Shangri-La "Nest"; the tan fabric is the Hogback interior. The blue pads are standard l...

In GEAR » TT Hogback vs. Golite 2010 Shangri-La 5+
March 20, 1:47pm

Re: Re: Rainbow/DR comparison
>Will the 2010 Rainbow be lighter than previous models or about the same? I don't have a production sample yet but likely the same.

In GEAR » TT Rainbow 2010
March 15, 9:37pm

Rainbow/DR comparison
Here is a somewhat fabricated comparison. I don't actually have a photo of two 20" pads inside a DR but I have very similar comparison shots taken from the same perspective inside both mo...

In GEAR » TT Rainbow 2010
March 15, 9:15pm

Re: Permatex vs. thinned silicon
>How well would the Permatex flow into the seams? Would it be better than GE II thinned with spirits? Would it dry clear and clean while being hardly visible? > I am still leaning more tow...

In GEAR » Seam Sealing a Tarptent
March 07, 10:46pm

Re: footprint size
At first thought, the 4-person Hogback would seem to have a much larger footprint than something like a 2-person Squall 2 but the actual comparison surprised even me. The gold colored figure is t...

In GEAR » Tarptent Hogback
March 06, 4:44pm

Re: doing some research
> will the 48 inch floor accommodate a cut down 25 inch wide large neo air and a regular neo air? Easily two 25" wide neoairs now. The full floor fabric width is now 58"(was 56"...

In GEAR » TT Double Rainbow 2010
March 04, 12:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Help with Cloudburst 2
Jeff, I think the "hooks" are actually line tighteners. At each of the two top circular reinforced pullouts there is a line tightener and pullout loop. -H

In GEAR » Help with Cloudburst 2
February 26, 12:58pm

Re: Help with Cloudburst 2
>Do you know what the plastic hooks on the front are for, where the front guylines are attached on the black circles? That's the one thing I haven't figured out yet. Those are line ti...

In GEAR » Help with Cloudburst 2
February 26, 10:48am

Re: Re: labrador / Squall
>Wow, this thread really says something about the floor durability in Henry's tents! Tioga, the 100-lb chocolate Lab, hones his large claws through grueling hours of digging up our yard. ...

In GEAR » Dogs and tarptents
February 23, 9:36am

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm