Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 171 - 180 of 12257 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...1226

Forum » Thread

Re: Re anonymous posters, you there.
Ken, there are some ASCII characters that the computer sees, but they won't display or print. --B.G.--

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » anonymous posters
February 08, 8:15pm

Re: First test results
About 40 years ago, it used to be that goose down was a byproduct of the goose meat industry. The countries that ate a lot of goose meat were the countries that sold the most goose down. (it makes ...

In GEAR » Eiderdown
February 08, 7:47pm

Re: Luci inflatable, solar lantern.
I have a Luci, as well. I think it is a good product, so I bought several and distributed them as Christmas presents. I've used mine on backpacking trips, and I can't find any fault with th...

In GEAR » Luci inflatable, solar lantern.
February 08, 5:17pm

Re: Stoves and Weather Clarification
You can operate a basic canister stove down to 32 degrees, although you need to do a few things right. First, you want to buy butane blend fuel canisters. These are typically 80% butane and 20% pro...

In GEAR » Stoves and Weather Clarification
February 08, 5:11pm

Re: anonymous posters
"But the mods do nothing when reported." You assume that they are paying attention. --B.G.--

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » anonymous posters
February 08, 7:58am

Re: Popping Corn as alternative
What the backpacking community needs is a good Esbit-fueled popcorn popper. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Vest filled with rice
February 07, 8:13pm

Lost & Found on the trail
Hint for Photographers: 1. If you have a fairly modern camera, you can store some of your own information in the camera, because the camera can embed that into each photo file as copyright infor...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lost & Found on the trail
February 07, 8:05pm

Re: Re: Re: (Trail) Shelf Life of Homemade Energy/Protein Bars
Hmmm. I'm not sure. When it is baked, the honey probably just becomes different kinds of sugar crystals. Some of the moisture comes from a small amount of cooking oil. Oh, and then there is a l...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » (Trail) Shelf Life of Homemade Energy/Protein Bars
February 06, 7:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Canon reclaims resolution crown with 50-megapixel 5DS and 5DS R
"For less than four grand it's a bargain if the files hold up." Don't think about what it costs. Just think about what it would be worth. What causes an image file not to ho...

In Photography » Canon reclaims resolution crown with 50-megapixel 5DS and 5DS R
February 06, 7:27pm

Re: Canon reclaims resolution crown with 50-megapixel 5DS and 5DS R
The slight problem is that Canon is packing a lot more megapixels into the same old space, so that jams the color noise up. Canon has been making great strides with reducing color noise in the more...

In Photography » Canon reclaims resolution crown with 50-megapixel 5DS and 5DS R
February 06, 5:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.