BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 171 - 180 of 11283 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...1129

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thunder: How close is too close?
Once you have dealt with the problem of dodging the lightning bolt out of the sky, you have the problem of the electrical energy of the bolt _after_ it hits something. Let's just say that it is...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thunder: How close is too close?
August 09, 12:25am

Re: Re: Re: Thunder: How close is too close?
Another factoid. Of course it is lightning that we are trying to avoid, and thunder is just the audible indicator of it. Lightning normally strikes the tallest object in an area, although there ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thunder: How close is too close?
August 08, 10:04pm

Re: Gear list -- need help choosing pack to carry it
If you don't know how much pack volume you need, then it will all be guesswork. Instead, get your gear together along with an approximation of food and water. Pack that into a cardboard box,...

In Gear Lists » Gear list -- need help choosing pack to carry it
August 08, 3:57pm

Re: Tiny dense calorie brick
It is possible to come up with a food item that is extremely calorie-dense. However, it might be indigestible. I stick with items that I know will work in my system. I can go a long way on dilut...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Tiny dense calorie brick
August 08, 3:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yosemite beyond Budd Lake....
Nelson Lake doesn't show up anywhere, except on the topo map, because there is no longer any official trail that goes there. You can get only as far as Elizabeth Lake on an official trail, and ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite beyond Budd Lake....
August 07, 7:53pm

Re: Fees on DeLorme Invoice Declining!
You want to watch your DeLorme invoice closely for mistakes. I caught them at one last month. Strangely enough, the mistake was in their favor. --B.G.--

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
August 07, 7:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yosemite beyond Budd Lake....
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/upload/wildernesstrailheads.pdf Where does any Budd Lake Trailhead show up here? Answer: it doesn't --B.G.--

August 07, 3:20pm

Re: Bear Can Help
You get better weight efficiency with one huge canister as compared to two small canisters. But then you have to divide your other gear up radically if you carry only the one huge canister. We u...

In GEAR » Bear Can Help
August 07, 3:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yosemite beyond Budd Lake....
According to the map, there is no Budd Lake Trailhead. Part of that is because there is no official Budd Lake Trail. I've been on the unofficial Budd Lake Trail, and it shoots off from the Cath...

August 07, 1:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Yosemite beyond Budd Lake....
"My impression is that "Budd Lake" is just like "Nelson Lake," permit-wise. Not on any lists, but exists." I haven't checked lately, but I think that Budd Lake ...

August 06, 10:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.