BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 171 - 180 of 10326 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...1033

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cutting down a Ti pot
Rolling the lip on an aluminum beer can is one thing. Doing it on a titanium cook pot is quite different. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Cutting down a Ti pot
March 27, 2:49pm

Re: Longer sierra nevada treks early in the season.
"I also assume that it's probably better to hit the Kings Canyon and Sequoia NP area (less snow)." Yes, there is a winter storm due to hit Tahoe on Saturday. It might be a good ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Longer sierra nevada treks early in the season.
March 27, 2:39pm

Re: *What* should be disclosed?
"Let's turn it around -- why would a manufacturer knowingly maintain the *wrong* product specs on their website?" Easy. Let's take a hypothetical vendor that gets products made...

In GEAR » Seam sealing weight gain?
March 27, 2:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Cutting down a Ti pot
"Still not %100 sure about doing it yet." I'm not sure at all. A Dremel tool wheel will cut the titanium, but it isn't pretty. It will give you a nice sharp edge at the cut....

In Make Your Own Gear » Cutting down a Ti pot
March 27, 2:17pm

Re: device chargers that use lithium AA's
I wonder if there is another device charger that uses _four_ lithium primary batteries instead of three. If so, I wonder if the higher voltage would do anything disruptive in the device battery. ...

In GEAR » device chargers that use lithium AA's
March 27, 2:13pm

Re: 3AA lithium...
Mike, I already have a Goal Zero Nomad-7 panel, with or without the Guide 10 battery pack. Getting all of the cables right is another trick. I consider a USB cable to be for data transfer more than...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
March 27, 8:10am

Re: 3AA lithium...
Mike, I guess you know that one single AA lithium battery can deliver 3 amps continuously in short circuit, so three in series can deliver a lot at nearly 5V. Of course there could be some limitati...

March 27, 12:58am

Re: Energizer 3xAA lithium results
Each Energizer lithium AA cell has an open circuit voltage of about 1.7V. So, three in series will get you about 5.1V, and that is also what I measured on mine. The trick with lithium primary cells...

March 26, 10:52pm

Re: How to start mountaineering?
You might state what you mean by mountaineering. Different people have different meanings. I don't know where you will be a student, but many large schools have outdoor clubs. Participate th...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » How to start mountaineering?
March 26, 10:43pm

Re: paint application?
I'm not brushing or spraying any paint. It takes good paint to stick to titanium rod, so you should first rough up the metal surface, then dip it in some kind of white epoxy paint. Once that...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Ultralight Tent Stakes
March 26, 4:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.