Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 171 - 180 of 12551 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...1256

Forum » Thread

Re: powdered breakfast mix options
If I am in a hurry, I drink warm Ensure with non-fat milk powder added. If I am in a super hurry, I drink it without warming. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » powdered breakfast mix options
March 23, 9:47pm

Re: Re: Exaggerated claims seem to be the norm
"Funny that all USB power sources exaggerate their specs by almost a factor of two" That is because they assume that 99% of their potential customers are unable to actually measure the...

In GEAR » measuring USB power bank capacity
March 23, 9:37pm

Re: Chains
"I'll buy chains if I have to. If I end up moving here they'll come in handy anyway." Are you going to buy chains to fit the rental car, or for your personal car? If you are...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weekend Trip ideas needed (3/28 - 3/29) near San Francisco
March 23, 6:39pm

Re: Re: Re: I80 problems
"But, that's ridiculous - there is no snow or ice anywhere, temps no where close to freezing." Donner Summit (I-80) just got several inches of new snow within the last 48 hours. Ca...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weekend Trip ideas needed (3/28 - 3/29) near San Francisco
March 23, 6:36pm

Re: I80 problems
"I'll push for an AWD or 4WD car for my trip." You are still required to carry chains in the mountains. --B.G.--

March 23, 5:58pm

Re: Weekend Trip ideas needed (3/28 - 3/29) near San Francisco
It's always tick season, so remember to bring some bug juice. --B.G.--

March 22, 7:51pm

Re: Quantum Flat Pack
"Breathability is key because my camera needs to breath inside the pack. If condensation builds up inside the pack, it will destroy my camera and iPhone." This doesn't make a bit o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quantum Flat Pack
March 22, 2:30pm

Re: Re: Re: non-stick pans and wood fires?
"Who and where is Teflon proven to be bad for you?" There are a few of us around who remember Teflon when it was first introduced as a non-stick coating on fry pans. This might have be...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » non-stick pans and wood fires?
March 20, 2:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Use stainless mess.
Don, I had some galvanized steel and I needed to get rid of the galvanized coating (in order to avoid any future fumes). I used a propane torch to burn it off. When it was finally off, the steel wa...

In GEAR » Another Look at Dry Baking
March 20, 1:38am

Re: Re: Re: Re: non-stick pans and wood fires?
I looked around the Internet and found reviews where the user complained of the non-stick finish coming off in flakes. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » non-stick pans and wood fires?
March 20, 12:50am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.