Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 171 - 180 of 12443 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...1245

Forum » Thread

Re: WTB: JMT maps/atlas
The map files are all available online. Do you have a good printer? --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB: JMT maps/atlas
March 05, 12:56pm

Re: Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne
Yosemite black bears can appear just about anyplace in the park. They are seen more in the upper stretches of the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne loop, toward Glen Aulin camp. Plus, the bears know whe...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierras Newbie
March 05, 12:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: knife vs saw/hatchet
Do you hear that sound in the background? Listen. It sounds to me like dueling banjos. --B.G.--

In GEAR » knife vs saw vs hatchet vs axe!
March 05, 12:38pm

Re: knife vs saw vs hatchet vs axe!
A concept: Leave No Trace. --B.G.--

In GEAR » knife vs saw vs hatchet vs axe!
March 05, 2:02am

Re: Lightweight Backpacking News: Digest No. 11
"Namga Parbat and K2 are the two 8000 m peaks that have never been climbed - there are a total of 14 8000 m peaks in the world." You might want to find a fact-checker, because this sta...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking News: Digest No. 11
March 04, 9:26pm

Re: Re: Re: an old Primus stove question for stovies
I had ordered two knobs from McMaster-Carr. One had a brass insert, and one did not. The brass insert worked best, even though both of them were too large for the stem. You know how a round stem ha...

In GEAR » an old Primus stove question for stovies
March 04, 8:06pm

Re: over cooked dog puke
Many years ago, I used to buy Mountain House #10 cans of food for group backpacking trips. However, I had to learn that you open up the can and use it all within a short period of time. Instead, if...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » mountain house alternatives!
March 04, 4:41pm

Re: Re: Re: conditions around 2nd week of June
Forester Pass is a little over 13,000 feet. Despite the southern side getting more sunlight, there tends to be a nasty cornice just below the pass. On normal snow years, the cornice has looked dang...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Onion Valley to Whitney
March 04, 4:33pm

Re: Re: Re: one...
"If and when you dehydrate meats like chicken for example, how do you know when it is done." That's why I don't dehydrate meats like chicken. If the chicken fat "goes the ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » mountain house alternatives!
March 04, 3:49pm

Re: Re: Re: conditions around 2nd week of June
Muir Pass is mostly gentle. I went over it the first week of April one year, but that was on skis. Bishop Pass has a shaded area on the east side that holds snow a little later in the season. Bisho...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Onion Valley to Whitney
March 04, 3:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.