Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 171 - 180 of 11615 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...1162

Forum » Thread

Re: Landscape Photography books
Anything by John Shaw. --B.G.--

In Photography » Landscape Photography books
October 22, 1:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: A bit of Giardia with a Chlorine Dioxide chaser
"But chemicals are marginal for Giardia anyhow." You can always double the concentration and double the contact time. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A bit of Giardia with a Chlorine Dioxide chaser
October 21, 3:04pm

Re: giardia
"It does not kill Guardia." None of those allowed here. Giardia Lamblia is devitalized by a sufficient concentration of Chlorine Dioxide, so effectively it can't hurt you. Th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A bit of Giardia with a Chlorine Dioxide chaser
October 20, 7:12pm

Re: A bit of Giardia with a Chlorine Dioxide chaser
The trick is that Chlorine Dioxide works on raw water to kill the Giardia cysts. In your gut, they might already be at trophozoan stage, in which case it probably won't work. There is probab...

October 20, 6:25pm

Re: A bit of Giardia with a Chlorine Dioxide chaser
"So, my question is this: when the treated water enters my stomach would it also have the ability to treat the infected water, killing the bacteria I had earlier ingested?" What bacter...

October 20, 4:57pm

Re: Is GoLite going out of biz?
"Anyone know what's really going on over there?" Chapter Eleven was begun, according to references in two separate threads here. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Is GoLite going out of biz?
October 20, 2:44pm

Re: zpacks versus hyperlite mountain gear backpacks
Joe Valesko of Zpacks always reported that the Arc Blast or Blast models are comfortable at 25 pounds or below. Then the upper limit is 35 pounds. --B.G.--

In GEAR » zpacks versus hyperlite mountain gear backpacks
October 20, 1:53pm

Re: Creeping Weight
"If it's going to be tough hiking, it's bare-bones for me. If it's not so strenuous or I'm doing some basecamping/fishing, my pack bloats a bit." Mike, I am exactly the...

In Philosophy & Technique » Creeping Weight.
October 20, 1:22am

Re: Creeping Weight.
My base weight, including bear canister and satellite communicator, tends to be right around 10 pounds, more or less. During the winter/off-season, I replace an item or two and whittle the weight d...

In Philosophy & Technique » Creeping Weight.
October 19, 7:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: canister
"if I smell sulfur" Or mercaptan. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Snow Peak LiteMax stove malfunction? or was it the canister's fault? or maybe just my own stupidity?
October 19, 5:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.