BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 171 - 180 of 11158 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...1116

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jetboil in the wind: Doing the Jetboil Shuffle
"Canister stoves are allowed and others not." Overgeneralization. White gas stoves would be allowed also. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
July 18, 12:31pm

Re: Re: Cartridge Creek Trail
At the last time that I was up there, you could find a spot in most of the campgrounds along that section of road from South Lake to 168. They filled up around sunset time. However, if you get ther...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cartridge Creek Trail
July 18, 12:25pm

Re: Cheap Alternative
What are you going to do with a little Ultrapod when you are above timber line and there aren't any trees to attach to? I always carry a tripod into the backcountry, but I need one that will...

In Photography » MeFOTO daytripper tripod
July 18, 12:14pm

Re: Re: Alcohol on JMT
Wow. That's about the same price as Esbit tablets. --B.G.--

In GEAR » update on alky stoves on the JMT
July 17, 10:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kings Canyon National Park
"Bob, was there a summit register?" Beats me. I touched the top rock for about two seconds and didn't look around. --B.G.--

In Post-Trip Reports » Kings Canyon National Park
July 17, 6:08pm

Re: Re: Worse than a Ponzi scheme!
"GoTenna says its devices will transmit up to three miles in the woods or eight miles over open water." If the range reaches 50 yards, it has already met the claim. If the range reache...

In GEAR » New communication device
July 17, 4:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cartridge Creek Trail
"I wonder if that trail is real." I believe that it has been reported here and at other places. --B.G.--

July 17, 4:51pm

Re: inReach first month = prorated
"And the month is not a calendar month, but a 30/31-day period that starts on the 7th and ends on the 6th . . . or at least that's what mine was shifted to." There are others of us...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
July 17, 4:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cartridge Creek Trail
"getting from North Lake to South Lake is a pain" Yes, it can be, in either direction. Some folks have reported how easy it was. Others, like me, waited for a long time trying to ge...

July 17, 4:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Cartridge Creek Trail
"North Lake South Lake loop might be good" I recommend that one. It has the right degree of hard workout with the right degree of wilderness scenery, yet you are never too far from a m...

July 17, 4:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.