Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 171 - 180 of 12710 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...1271

Forum » Thread

Re: re: Bottom cap for a 110 g. canister
"Bonus: I just found out that a mini Bic perfectly fits into the canister concavity, and it is held firmly in place by the Nutter Butter lid." I would assume that is for transport, and...

In GEAR » Bottom cap for a 110 g. canister
April 23, 1:13am

Re: Big Seki in early August
I'll take a crack at some of these issues. Day temperature? You should be prepared for it to get up to 65-70F. Night temperature? You should be prepared for it to get down to 30F, light fro...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Big SEKI Loop (as an alternative to the JMT)
April 23, 1:07am

Re: Re:
Now all you guys need is a tracking mount. This is the mounting bracket that causes the solar panel to pivot and tilt to match the peak of sunlight. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Deconstructed Solar Panel
April 22, 12:36pm

Re: Ten Buck DEUCES! Cosmetic seconds! And the Black ones are 15 grams (5.3 ounces) - 2g lighter than regular ones
Mike and Mark. I just can't figure out what 5.3 ounces is all about. --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » Ten Buck DEUCES! Cosmetic seconds! And the Black ones are 15 grams (5.3 ounces) - 2g lighter than regular ones
April 21, 10:42pm

Re: Re: Ten Buck DEUCES! Cosmetic seconds! And the Black ones are 15 grams (5.3 ounces) - 2g lighter than regular ones
"Re: Ten Buck DEUCES! Cosmetic seconds! And the Black ones are 15 grams (5.3 ounces) - 2g lighter than regular ones" Mark, what do you mean by 5.3 ounces? This doesn't make any sen...

In Gear Deals » Ten Buck DEUCES! Cosmetic seconds! And the Black ones are 15 grams (5.3 ounces) - 2g lighter than regular ones
April 21, 10:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Actual fire hazard of wood burning stoves
" 9600 in Yosemite? " Yes, it has been that for a long time. Other parks place the line at 10,400 feet or something similar. The actual elevation for a park is chosen to represent the ...

In GEAR » Actual fire hazard of wood burning stoves
April 21, 2:37pm

Re: WTB: Old gas/kerosene bp/camping stoves or parts
"Not interested in isobutane or profane types." Profane? --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB: Old gas/kerosene bp/camping stoves or parts
April 21, 12:08pm

Re: Yall are right.....
Jason, you didn't answer the question. --B.G.--

In GEAR » 3 JMT hikers...2 or 4 liter gravityworks filter?
April 21, 10:48am

Re: 3 JMT hikers...2 or 4 liter gravityworks filter?
It depends. How much water do you normally carry? Let's start with the assumption that you each carry one liter at a time. So, at a water pickup point, you need to scoop up and filter 3 lite...

In GEAR » 3 JMT hikers...2 or 4 liter gravityworks filter?
April 20, 10:20pm

Re: Re: After a long day on the trail - "Got Milk"?
Some people simply can't stomach the maltodextrin and stuff like that. Personally, I can go a long way on Cytomax. Some people eat to live. Others live to eat. Personally, on a backpackin...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » After a long day on the trail - "Got Milk"?
April 20, 6:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.