BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1691 - 1700 of 1746 | Page: 1 ...156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175

Forum » Thread

Re: Bugs?
Cola, We'll be starting out May 31st, at Indian Grave Gap, NC and hopefully end up in Damascus, VA two weeks later on June 12th. I hope to sew and field test my new shelter many weeks in ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bug Net
February 04, 8:10pm

Re: Re: Bug Net
Tim, Thanks for the positive feedback. What would you suggest for the material at the bottom? I have some PU coated ripstop left over from my SUL pack project. I also have what I think is som...

February 04, 7:45pm

Re: re: Bug Net
Jamie, I really like the mini tent design. I've had the same kind of idea banging around in my head for some time now. My design idea was a concession of sorts on my part to keep everythin...

February 04, 7:30pm

Bug Net
I've already decided to go the route of SUL tarp using the type in Jay Ham's article. I need suggestions, patterns, pictures and/or ideas for a bug net to be used underneath. I'd ...

February 04, 9:54am

Re: RE: FS: Cabela's XPG Bivy sack
Michael, Thanks for the info but your Cabela's XPG Bivy sack is unfortunately not what I need. :-( I hope someone else is interested and wants it. :-) Love your avatar. :-) :-) Have...

In Gear Swap » FS: Cabela's XPG Bivy sack
February 03, 4:59am

Re: FS: Cabela's XPG Bivy sack
Michael, >How long is "regular" size? I am 5' 10" tall. >What size does it pack down to? Sorry! I found both answers on Cabela's website. But! :-) Does ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Cabela's XPG Bivy sack
February 02, 3:19pm

Re: Re: Buff
Tim, >>the standard size (I think they are 22" square?) don't stay on my funky shaped melon very well<< Welcome to my 7 and 7/8ths world. :-) Follow the link below to f...

In Multiple Use Gear » Multi-Use Items
February 02, 1:48pm

Re: [Q] How to lighten my old pack (to be used with Boy Scouts)
Bill, I went from 4 lbs 13 ozs to 9.7 ozs by following these steps. 1.) Eliminate doubles. 2.) Substitute lighter weight alternative equipment that is equal in performance. e.g. gatorad...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » [Q] How to lighten my old pack with scouts
February 01, 10:50am

Re: "MYOG Tent Material"
Please pardon this unintended pun but I have "heard" that unless Spinnaker fabric is pitched and kept really taut it tends to be quite noisy. This could be a problem with having a good ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Tent Material
January 31, 1:01pm

Re: Re: Respect
For anyone and everyone. MYOG project. From nothing assemble a tree that lives and grows, produces fruit and shade. This tree should also with a backdrop of a morning sunrise in a clear blue s...

In Post-Trip Reports » Walking across Iran
January 29, 3:53pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm