Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1691 - 1700 of 1768 | Page: 1 ...158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177

Forum » Thread

MYOG SUL Pillow Case
Bender, I received my pillow March 2nd, and today I got around to doing a MYOG SUL pillow case for it. I patterned mine after the ones Tom Holbrook made in the above post. I couldn't ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pillow Cases
March 06, 2:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: SUL Self Tightening Tarp
Matthew, >>Thanks, that was fun :)<< I'm glad that you enjoyed it. As you can tell from my last post I'm a bit of a "knut" myself. :-P ;-) :-) Party On ! ...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL Self Tightening Tarp
March 05, 7:39pm

Re: knots
Kind people, I would "stake knot" my life on it but I am "a frayed" that I can "knot" call it a "Donewar" because I want to "slip knot" and caus...

February 28, 7:41pm

Re: tensioners
Scott, Not only did I see it, I bought all the supplies at my local Wal-Mart. I actually went so far as to cut to size the elastic tubing. Denis's idea is a good one. I just chose to go...

February 27, 7:19pm

Re: Knots
Paul, >>Why did you want to use that knot in your application rather than a bowline?<< I used a bowline at the tieout because it was simpler for me working with only so much line ...

February 27, 7:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: SUL Self Tightening Tarp
Douglas, You only got to see the part of the post where I expressed my thanks for the link. I inadvertently posted the message prior to adding my text & pictures of the final result. :-( ...

February 27, 1:50pm

Re: Re: SUL Self Tightening Tarp
Douglas, >>Don't know if you ever saw this thread about self-tensioning guylines, FWIW.<< Thanks again. Your FWIW brought about a modification and improvement to the guylines...

February 27, 12:34pm

Re: thx
Ed, Give Moontrail a look see. http://www.moontrail.com/vargo-titanium-stakes-orange.php They are similar to what MLD has for less $. ;-) Party On ! 2010 Newton Edit: Check out ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: BPL Lazr Ti Stakes (2-4)
February 25, 3:46pm

Re: I like this tarp/setup....alot
Kyle, I am admittedly biased but so do I or I wouldn't be going back to the ground! Check out my soon to be changed avatar. One of my goals was to go lighter if not ultralight. I saw th...

February 22, 7:09pm

Re: Bender, MYOG Pillow Cases
Thanks Bender. :-) Party On ! 2010 Newton

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pillow Cases
February 22, 10:44am

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm