BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1671 - 1680 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ...180

Forum » Thread

UltraLight Outfitters/Heineken Can-Yes
I got a 710ml/24oz Heineken Beer Can and it will work with the Ultralight Outfitters Stove. However. It is to wide in its middle to work with the windscreen acting as a doublewall drinking mug. ...

In GEAR » Ultralight Outfitters Beer Can Stove System for Esbit Fuel
August 20, 8:41pm

Fosters Cook Pot - Lip Guard
David and others: Google "Silicon Rubber Bands". You are in for a big surprise. I am about sure this is what Ultralight Outfitters is using. They come in every color of the rainbow and about an...

August 20, 6:02pm

Canister Stove and a Wind screen
I have used a canister stove with a remote gas line to the canister for about 10 years. You don't have to worry about the canister getting hot as it can be as far away from the stove as 12". In c...

In GEAR » cannister stove fuel leak?
August 20, 5:48pm

Fosters Cook Pot - Lip Guard
Hi David, While you found another can opener I may have found the Lip Guard. There a ton of them listed on ebay. rings on ebay What do you think? I even think I saw them for sale a...

August 20, 3:52pm

Shipping a Fosters Can/Can Opener
I just got back from the Post Office. I made a small box that would hold a Fosters Beer Can and/or the Good Cook Safe Cut can opener. I checked postage to Japan for the Beer Can alone, for th...

August 20, 11:50am

Food Bag and Little Pack
Here is a picture of Chris's pack.

In Multiple Use Gear » Food bag and little backpack.
August 20, 4:51am

Fosters Beer Cans??
How do you get a beer can ready to use. This is a good question. My Good Cook Safe Cut can opener cost $9.95 US$. A 25oz can of Fosters Beer at Wal Mart was between $1.50 and $1.75 I don't remem...

August 19, 11:05pm

UltraLight Outfitters "Beer Can" Stove
I want to address Daniels post first. I looked at the Gossamer Gear web site and read Glens account of what he calls his XUL trip report. I also downloaded both his and Mike's ?? gear list. ...

August 19, 10:30pm

UltraLight Outfitters Stove-Lighter Yet
I just made an Alumiun Foil (double thick) windscreen the same size as the Stainless Steel (SS) one. The Al Foil windscreen weighs 0.22oz and is 1.17oz less than the SS windscreen. The compl...

August 19, 5:15pm

UltraLight OutfittersStove - I Got Mine
I got my Stove this afternoon. Weights and pictures follow: 1 - Wire Stove Part - 34.7gr/1.22oz 2 - SS Windscreen - 39.4gr/1.39oz 3 - Lip Guard - 8gr/0.28oz --------------------------------...

August 19, 3:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am