Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1661 - 1670 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ...180

Forum » Thread

Titanium Trowel named
Something interesting was posted in a message at the backpackinglight yahoo group today that gave me an idea for a name for my Ti Potty Trowel. My name for it is now the "DueDue 23". The name com...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Light Weight - Make Your Own for an AT Thru-Hike
August 23, 3:21pm

Shelter for (anywhere) about
I like the Gossamer Gear products but they are heavy. The SpinnTwin Tarp is 120" by 110" at 8oz. I have just ordered enought material to make what I am calling: Cuben Bill's - Tobacoo Leaf**...

In GEAR » Shelter For JMT
August 23, 2:50pm

Tilley Hat
I use the LT6 as a rain hat with my very light weight hoodless poncho/tarp. The brim is bigger on the LT6 than on the LT5. The weight of my LT6 is 3.27oz. I removed the piece of plastic from the...

In GEAR » Tilley LT5 vs. LTM5
August 23, 10:13am

Ultra-Light External Frame Pack
Hi Glenn, I am honored by your comments. I hope you noticed one of your G6 packs hanging on my frame. Your level of craftsmanship is the standard I work to achieve. You may not recall but...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultra-Light External Frame Pack
August 22, 10:15am

UltraLight Outfitters Stove Stuff
David, My Fosters can lid still has the tab attached and I pushed it back down flat so I think I could use it as a lid with a small vent if I wanted to. You know that a true "Gram Weenie" would u...

In GEAR » Ultralight Outfitters Beer Can Stove System for Esbit Fuel
August 22, 5:35am

inserting an active hyperlink.......
Jim Colten, I really appreciate you showing me how to do this. I have been trying to figure this out for the longest time. I lucked onto adding pictures but I could never make the web link thing...

August 21, 8:48pm

Heineken Stove
David, It looks good and is light. I am sure you will work out the amount of air holes necessary. When I cut the lid off the Heineken can I will try and do it without pulling the tab. I jus...

August 21, 7:44pm

Donald, If you look at the picture of my 2 pound cook kit you will see that I use the orange coated Trangia pots. These are used for about everything to include a light weight wood burning stove I...

August 21, 6:30pm

1- Donald, I did just as you said and saved the lid. However, when the can opener cut through the can in the first place the beer started to spray. I pulled the tab to release the pressure. My ...

August 21, 5:15pm

1- David's idea for a neoprene "Band/Cozy" to help hold the Cook Pot when it is hot is a good one. I made one for my Heineken Cook Pot. This is very easy and I just "hand" sewed it. The cozy wei...

August 21, 3:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am