BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1661 - 1670 of 1996 | Page: 1 ...158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ...200

Forum » Thread

Alternate routes
Funny you should mention the Lost Creek route Paul, I'd been thinking about it a bit. Actually my current plan is to do a few nights in the Lost Creek area before I start the trail. That woul...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Colorado Trail or Similar Possibly Unsupported
July 04, 10:16pm

Momma bears
I make no claim to being a bear expert but I read somewhere that there are actually very few credible cases of a mother BLACK bear actually attacking a human to defend her cubs (I think one or two)...

In Chaff » A bear story
July 04, 9:50pm

Minimus and Innov8
Thanks for the heads up on the Minimus Chris sounds like I should keep the toe issue in mind. In my experience a good running shoe may not be the best hiking shoe (durability wise) because I good ...

In GEAR » Minimalist Shoe Question
July 04, 8:45pm

More ideas
Thanks for the continued input ya'll its really appreciated. Eugene thanks for the input on the Rogue Runners. Sounds like they aren't all that different from my NB101 which I at least kn...

July 04, 6:27pm

Shoes
Thanks for the input Michael - Sounds like we're in the same boat. I might try the Merrells, it depends on my pack weight. Mine have held up suprisingly well in the Texas Hill Country (a nas...

July 04, 4:55pm

Minimalist Shoe Question
Okay I need a new pair of shoes for my Colorado Trail thru-hike. My current favorites are my Merrell Trail Gloves and my New Balance 101. Both have a few issus. Merrell Trail Gloves 1. These ...

July 04, 10:39am

Great ideas
Sounds great thanks for the input guys. I remember there was a lot of 4X4 traffic in the Taylor Resevior area would I see much of that along the CDT? I'm liking the Brekenridge bypass option ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Colorado Trail or Similar Possibly Unsupported
June 30, 3:42pm

Colorado Trail Alternate Routes
Well my plans keep shifting due to other factors but it looks like I can try the trail this August/September. I'm thinking I'll do about five days in the Lost Creek to aclimitize and test ...

June 29, 5:38pm

My 2 cents
I first tried trekking poles in Alaska after an partially healed knee injury was bothering me. Since than I've used them on most trips. One thought I have is that I'm experimenting ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Poles are a burden?
June 18, 1:48pm

Re
Thanks for the encouragement guys. If anybody is trying a project feel free to PM me, I love talking about packs. When I deal with the sleeping pad as a virtual frame I forgot to mention that too...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: Backpack Design
June 14, 12:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.