BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Guest

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1651 - 1660 of 1808 | Page: 1 ...157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ...181

Forum » Thread

Re: Gear List for Wisconson
Since that list is in the gram weenie weight range .... A size medium Gossamer Poylcryo ground sheet would save 3oz over the large. I've been OK with a small ... medium would be luxurious and I'...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for Wisconson
October 10, 4:22pm

Re: FS: EPIC Nextec Fabric - 3 yds
$30 shipped, correct? send your addr to jcolten at comcast dot net and I'll mail an MO

In Gear Swap » FS: EPIC Nextec Fabric - 3 yds
October 10, 4:14pm

Re: Crocs are 6oz
But they are ugly as heck IMHO; WHAT? You don't want to look like Mickey Mouse? :-) Doesn't bother me, but then I don't worry that with the bill I added to my yellow SD Silponcho, folks tel...

In GEAR » lighter than Crocs
October 05, 5:41am

weaning yourself from a tent
I think I'll cut Brett a little slack, it takes time for your avg person to extend their comfort zone. It took time for me anyway. And then there's Pete who can get by with just a head net for ...

In GEAR » Tarp idea
October 03, 2:52pm

tarps with grommets
This tarp is 10oz, which I forgot to mention. I see how the grommets can tear out, and I will test this. Not can .... will!

In GEAR » Tarp idea
September 30, 4:39pm

Re: Vapor Trail Side Pockets
I concur with Roy about keeping the bottom of the Granite Gear packs stuffed not overly tight and that keeping sleeping bag/quilt and clothes in a loosely stuffed sack in the bottom of the pack is...

In GEAR » UL packs ideas?
September 29, 8:19am

Re: New SMD shelters
Shires tents have floors (I presume special orders are available) Not all Tarptents have floors: Henry's store still lists a floorless Virga 2 but I'm pretty sure that'll only be till current...

In GEAR » New SMD shelters
September 29, 7:53am

Double Rainbow floor question
A question for double rainbow owners ... the single rainbow lists the floor size as 38"-46" wide and 88"-96" long. I read an explanation somewhere that the smaller dimensions was with the floor in...

In GEAR » A Note for TARPTENT RAINBOW Owners
September 25, 12:06pm

Re: What's Everyone using for a Sleeping Bag PAD. Z-lite etc.
Thermarest Prolite 3 short and a 1/4 inch thick foam pad of unknown heritage under my feet and to sit upon

In GEAR » What's Everyone using for a Sleeping Bag PAD. Z-lite etc.
September 19, 7:32pm

Re: Pack test
I didn't like things in stuff sacks inside the pack. The sacks made the objects assume sometimes incomatible shapes. So the hammock and tarp I just stuffed into the pack. There's a dilema there....

In Make Your Own Gear » G4 pack questions
September 18, 2:32am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am