BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1651 - 1660 of 1843 | Page: 1 ...157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ...185

Forum » Thread

Re: Aluminum containers?
Perhaps this ?

In GEAR » Aluminum containers?
December 18, 8:10pm

re: sans map
There's a story about Daniel Boone, who (while back in "civilization") was asked "Do you ever get lost out there in the wilderness?" "Nope, he replied, I've never ...

In Philosophy & Technique » specific Map question:
December 17, 5:33pm

Re: Where to find/Buy Fabrics
thru-hiker has epic malibu ... be aware that epic availability does not have steady availability from any retail source. The others I don't know about.

In Make Your Own Gear » Where to find/Buy Fabrics
December 15, 5:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Rainbow versus Rainbow 2, thoughts?
And yes, I buy a new tent almost every year. Same with backpacks. I can't help it. Gear calls to me, or something! I hear ya. I own a GG Virga, Breeze, a G4, a Kelty Redwing and misc daypa...

In GEAR » Rainbow versus Rainbow 2, thoughts?
December 07, 10:14am

Re: Modifying sil nylon
A. Is it possible to sew these guypoints onto sil nylon? yes B. It is simply a matter of sewing extra sil nylon to the spot where I want the guy points and then sewing them on robustly? ye...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modifying sil nylon
December 07, 6:20am

Re: Seam Sealer
Crud....I forgot to add the seam sealer! Thanks for the reminder! Not much of a problem, GE Silicon Sealer II ... available at any good hardware store (be sure to buy clear, not white;-)

In Gear Deals » holiday sale at tarptent.com
December 01, 7:48pm

Re: wind mitts
There is a fleece mitten pattern at Thru-Hiker that could be used for wind mitts. I made some almost a year ago and used the Thru-Hiker article as a starting point. They work great ... 6*F ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wind Mitts - pattern and material?
December 01, 2:37pm

Re: Bear Flares-dual use
I don't want to drag this out much longer so responses to this will get the last word ... promise. It isn't exactly that it's consumable that disqualifies a flare as dual use in my mind. It is ...

In GEAR » Fire starter idea
November 29, 8:47pm

Re: Bushbudy alternate?,$20,4.5oz
Let us know how it works ... but from the foto it doesn't look like it'll breath

In GEAR » Ryan's Favorites: BushBuddy
November 29, 8:20pm

Re: fire starter idea
That's an interesting article, I've passed it on to a friend who's back door is a short walk from Glacier NP and who can speak from experience about grizzly charges. I'll be interested in his comm...

In GEAR » Fire starter idea
November 29, 4:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am