November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1651 - 1660 of 2031 | Page: 1 ...157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ...204

Forum » Thread

duplicate post, sorry
I apologize for the dup post

In Gear Swap » Backpacking Book Swap
January 05, 5:40am

Re: Book Swap
Take a look at Paperback Book Swap But I doubt I could bear to part with my copy of A Sand County Almanac ... a lob pine for me in this modern urban "wilderness" I live in.

In Gear Swap » Backpacking Book Swap
January 05, 5:40am

Re: Arroyo Bag
Kip, If decide to contact me this weekend (beginning Fri), email will probably be best

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Arroyo sleeping bag
January 03, 10:31pm

They do! .... but I didn't find it looking at their website, your info prompted me to download their complete catalog and search that. Interesting that their 2.5oz XP costs a more than thru-...

In Make Your Own Gear » Looking for quilt kit (synthetic)
January 03, 10:14pm

Re: About quilt kit
thru-hiker sells 1.1oz 1sts and 2nds at a slightly higher price than OWF. If you are getting insulation from thru-hiker I think you'd end up with lower or comparable total cost buying both fr...

In Make Your Own Gear » Looking for quilt kit (synthetic)
January 03, 5:13pm

Re: Why Are We Even Still Here? was "A Very Thorough MYOG Site"
Is this a case of the phenomenon Yogi Berra was thinking of when he said Nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded. ??

In GEAR » Why Are We Even Still Here? was "A Very Thorough MYOG Site"
January 02, 12:52pm

Re: Re: Mitten Sock
I realized that if you put the tip of my thumb at the heel of the sock, it actually works like a mitten. Makes a good hand puppet too (triple use!)

In Multiple Use Gear » Mitten Sock
December 31, 3:59pm

Re: Henry S.
I have a feeling that if Henry Shires comes up with anything revolutionary, Franco's iron will may develop some definite cracks!:) Everyone has their own personal kryptonite;-)

In GEAR » Happy
December 31, 3:56pm

Re: Mitten Sock
Like Bill Fornshell's toe cozies but with thumbs. Good idea and dual use to boot (so to speak). But I agree with the comment about not wearing them in shoes

In Multiple Use Gear » Mitten Sock
December 31, 1:29pm

Re: Platypus
But the big question is: What is an adequate alternative to Platypus? Lightweight and more reliable. 1 liter soda bottles are almost as light, approx 1oz vs 0.6oz, the diff being perhaps a facto...

In GEAR » Alternative to defecitve Platypus bottles
December 31, 11:15am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am