BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1651 - 1660 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ...208

Forum » Thread

Re Tent bound with kids
Mostly when I've been out with kids we've had short rainstorms that didn't last too long or we just stayout out in the rain and didn't worry about it. In your area it may be colder...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » tent bound with kids
October 24, 6:44pm

Break away idea
Dougles I like the breakaway idea but I have a simpler one. Just put the stakes into the ground about halfway. If a kid trips over it the stakes should give before the tent does in which case you...

In GEAR » Guyline tripping prevention with kids?
October 24, 3:23pm

AT in the Snow
Let me set the scene. I was staying with my parents and taking some online classes towards my Masters. I couldn't find much work so money was tight. I wanted to get away from it all so I d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Worst Trip
October 23, 4:39pm

SUL framed Pack
Its slightly heavy for SUL but I would really like to see a fairly tough sub 1 lb. pack with a frame of some kind that could handle up to 30 pounds of gear. Something kind of like a MLD burn but w...

In GEAR » what do you want to see from AEG
October 21, 10:02pm

Pack Sold, funny thing
Trek Pack is sold. Funny thing is after I shipped the Ion it seemed everyone was putting up WTB an Ion" posts. Maybe I should have auctioned it or something. More stuff coming later as ...

In Gear Swap » F.S. Shoes, Tarp, Pack
October 21, 9:44pm

Open Fires and LNT
Andy good catch, you are right that fire is nowhere near LNT. Just for the record I would NEVER make a fire pit like that on a true wilderness trip. In this picture we were camped at an establish...

In Editor's Roundtable » Enjoying Backpacking with Kids: Part 2
October 21, 5:19pm

Leave it
I would leave the pad in. It used to be very common to take them out to save a few ounces but according to recent test they do imprve the carrying ablitity. Rolling your sleeping bad up works but...

In GEAR » Golite Jam Pad Support
October 20, 6:20am

Well...
Well you guys are convincing me. I think I'll take a shot at it tomorrow. Right now I have things to do and I need to check on the tarp tent I left out in the rain to see how waterproof it re...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modifying an REI Polarguard Jacket Question for the Experts
October 19, 4:46pm

Injuries
I've always made my own kit. I try to prepare for two kinds of injuries. First truly serious injuries like broken bones etc. mean I'm going to be improvising so I just keep some basic ba...

In GEAR » Who thinks all the first aid kits out there are crazy heavy?
October 19, 4:43pm

Awesome
Pack arrived and it looks great thanks.

In Gear Swap » Osprey Exos (L) for sale
October 19, 4:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.