Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
CountryUnited States
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1651 - 1660 of 2294 | Page: 1 ...157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ...230

Forum » Thread

I don't have a packraft (yet, I can dream) but I have swam in whitewater with a PFD that was not adequately bouyant. Not fun. If you can't float on your back you can't float down riv...

In Packrafting » Christmas
January 04, 7:46pm

Other Cheap Ideas
I don't think anyone has mentioned thrift stores. You can find some killer deals there. I have a number of wool shirts and a down jacket my dad got me for $5 at a Goodwill. Here's how my...

In GEAR » Suggestions on clothing?
January 04, 7:39pm

Re Brian
Brian ADD can be classified as "inattentive" or "hyperactive" or both if that clears things up. I used to think we overdiagnosed and I still thing that happens at times but I a...

In Chaff » US only medical conditions
January 04, 5:22pm

Re Franco
"How long is a cotton picking minute" Franco a cotton picking minute is much shorter than a Coon's Age. I believe its a bit longer than a "New York Minute" if only because...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Questions Regarding Pounds and Ounces
January 04, 5:12pm

Re Re Wow
Well things weren't clear earlier so lets define the terms. Autistic Spectrum Disorders - This is a real LEGAL disablity. I wish there was a drug for it but I'm unaware of one. Kids ...

January 04, 2:56pm

Wow lets clarify a few things. "The pharmaceutical industry creates many new disorders. Oh, and they just happen to have a drug to fix it..." Tell that the French mom I worked with ...

January 04, 2:17pm

RE Sarah
Sarah you hang in there! I know thats a tough situtation and I applaud you for your lonely and underappreciated work. For the record I've worked with kids with Asbergers. Sarah is absulute...

January 04, 2:05pm

Modify This Pack
My brother has used a Jansport Big Bear on some of his mountaineering trips and says its worked well so far. It supposedly has 5500 cubic inches of space but that might be a bit optimistic. Its n...

In GEAR » Pack for long torso w/ bear canister
January 04, 10:33am

Best of 2011
1. Olympus Stylus Tough Camera - I've dropped one camera, lost another in a canoe upest, and had two more quit working for unexplained reasons (dust working in possibly). Finally I spent the ...

In GEAR » 2011 Backpacking Light Reader Picks
January 04, 10:25am

Easy way to figure
If you want to convert between grams, ounces pounds or whatever just type it in as a google search, for example "32 oz. to pounds." and the the search reasult should give you the answer.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Questions Regarding Pounds and Ounces
January 03, 6:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.