BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1651 - 1660 of 2073 | Page: 1 ...157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ...208

Forum » Thread

AT in the Snow
Let me set the scene. I was staying with my parents and taking some online classes towards my Masters. I couldn't find much work so money was tight. I wanted to get away from it all so I d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Worst Trip
October 23, 4:39pm

SUL framed Pack
Its slightly heavy for SUL but I would really like to see a fairly tough sub 1 lb. pack with a frame of some kind that could handle up to 30 pounds of gear. Something kind of like a MLD burn but w...

In GEAR » what do you want to see from AEG
October 21, 10:02pm

Pack Sold, funny thing
Trek Pack is sold. Funny thing is after I shipped the Ion it seemed everyone was putting up WTB an Ion" posts. Maybe I should have auctioned it or something. More stuff coming later as ...

In Gear Swap » F.S. Shoes, Tarp, Pack
October 21, 9:44pm

Open Fires and LNT
Andy good catch, you are right that fire is nowhere near LNT. Just for the record I would NEVER make a fire pit like that on a true wilderness trip. In this picture we were camped at an establish...

In Editor's Roundtable » Enjoying Backpacking with Kids: Part 2
October 21, 5:19pm

Leave it
I would leave the pad in. It used to be very common to take them out to save a few ounces but according to recent test they do imprve the carrying ablitity. Rolling your sleeping bad up works but...

In GEAR » Golite Jam Pad Support
October 20, 6:20am

Well...
Well you guys are convincing me. I think I'll take a shot at it tomorrow. Right now I have things to do and I need to check on the tarp tent I left out in the rain to see how waterproof it re...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modifying an REI Polarguard Jacket Question for the Experts
October 19, 4:46pm

Injuries
I've always made my own kit. I try to prepare for two kinds of injuries. First truly serious injuries like broken bones etc. mean I'm going to be improvising so I just keep some basic ba...

In GEAR » Who thinks all the first aid kits out there are crazy heavy?
October 19, 4:43pm

Awesome
Pack arrived and it looks great thanks.

In Gear Swap » Osprey Exos (L) for sale
October 19, 4:35pm

Pictures
Here are some pictures. The way I was thinking of getting the zipper off was to fold along the zipper line and sew a second seam. So I would bascially be creating greater "seam all...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modifying an REI Polarguard Jacket Question for the Experts
October 19, 11:04am

Great review
I love it, very well written article. That sounds like one awesome tent for a family. I love the generious vestibule. When I was taking boys on trips we always struggled to keep mud and water ou...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hilleberg Nallo 4 GT Review
October 19, 10:36am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.