BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1641 - 1650 of 1794 | Page: 1 ...156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ...180

Forum » Thread

Make a Canister Cozy
Alex, I am talking real cold, middle of the winter Mt Washington, cold. I carry a few "Grabber MyCoal - Mini-Mini Hand Warmers" (at 1.38oz for 2) with me always - anyway. They are great wh...

In Make Your Own Gear » Make A Canister Cozy
August 26, 3:19pm

Japanese influenced (JSB) alcohol stove
Joshua, The Fosters & Henie.... can bottom depressions seem to be the same and the top of this stove sets inside that depression. However, the stove legs are not strong enough to support the can...

In Make Your Own Gear » Japanese influenced (JSB) alcohol stove
August 26, 11:07am

Japanese influenced (JSB) alcohol stove
I have enjoyed looking at Yukio Yamakawa (JSB's) small alcohol stoves so much that I had to make one. This is my first but I know it will not be my last. It weighs 0.25oz and seems to burn good. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Japanese influenced (JSB) alcohol stove
August 26, 1:33am

Make a Canister Cozy
If I am backpacking in cold weather and need to melt ice or snow for water I use one of those small chemical heat packs in the cozy. They are simple to use and light. When I am finished melting w...

August 26, 1:23am

Make a Canister Cozy
Hi Rick, Good question. Used mostly for really cold weather.

August 25, 3:50pm

Make Gear Helper's
Hi, Sunny asked "hey whats the name of your helper??" Her name is Cinnamon, she is one of four kittens I was able to get away from a stray Mama when they were about 4 weeks old. I have played...

In GEAR » Ultralight Outfitters Beer Can Stove System for Esbit Fuel
August 25, 1:36pm

Beer Can Cook Pot Stuff
Joshua: Neoprene 1" Cozy Band - Total time to make: 10 minutes max. - weight of the 1" neoprene band is 0.15oz. Silicone Name Bands - Large size weight is 0.22oz.

August 25, 10:35am

Beer Can Cook Pot Stuff
Joshua: I hand sew the cozy so it only takes a needle and some thread. Hand sewing is easy, you should try it. I will make a neoprene band as soon as I send this and weigh it. The first on...

August 25, 9:28am

Beer Can Cook Pot Stuff
Joshua: Yes, the armbands are "100% silicone-rubber". They stretch enough to go around the body of the can. I just put one of the large size on my Heineken can and it went on easy. They weigh 0...

August 25, 8:21am

Make a Canister Cozy
Joshua, It doesn't take a lot of space. It is nice to have a lot of space. You can do a lot in a small space or even if you have to pack everything up in a box when you are done for the day and sl...

August 25, 7:41am

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am