BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1641 - 1650 of 1996 | Page: 1 ...156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ...200

Forum » Thread

Snow Mountain
I spent a bit of time in the Santa Rosa area. The only backpacking trip I did was the Snow Mountain Wilderness area. I have a trip report about it if you're interested. I liked it. One thou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best place to backpack near(ish) wine country?
September 22, 9:00pm

Rain gear
I put my rainsuit inside a cheap nylon drybag from Wal Mart. The bag traps some air and if protects my rainsuit from any sharp stuff on the ground. This system works well becaause its big enough ...

In Philosophy & Technique » What do you use for a pillow?
September 22, 10:07am

Thoughts
Its not "wrong" to make him go but by 13 it might be a bit late. You can teach a younger kid to like things(I sure have) but at 13 he'll be forming his own idea of who he is and if he...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Help. Son doesnt like packing or hiking
September 18, 8:08pm

Father Son stuff
Seems the scout troop isn't helping. I could imagine you going without the boy or dragging him along being a source of conflict. If thats the case I would drop the scout troop so there is one ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Help. Son doesnt like packing or hiking
September 17, 10:52am

non cooking
I did three weeks with no hot meals (well okay hot meals at resupplies but not on the trail). My reasons were kinda lame. I didn't want the bulk and expense of Mtn. House meals and I just did...

In GEAR » Done with stoves, no more
September 16, 12:34pm

Two Trees
Yep I do the two tree method. I have about50 ft. of very thin but strong cord. I forgot the name its old BPL stuff. It only weights about an ounce. The only real problem is that is REALLY hard ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bear hanging from aspen/firs
September 15, 10:00pm

Re Trail Gloves
Well it sounds like you know what you're doing. As far as the actual shoe goes they seem to hold up pretty well. I purchased a pair of trail gloves and New Balance MT101s at the same time thi...

In GEAR » Merrell Barefoot Pace Glove OK for the Wonderland Trail?
August 17, 2:54pm

Trail Glove
I have Trail Gloves and I've worn them on and off all spring and summer in the Texas Hill Country (i.e. very rough and rocky). I like them but you have to be aware of their limitations. Here ...

In GEAR » Merrell Barefoot Pace Glove OK for the Wonderland Trail?
August 16, 8:42pm

Colorado Trail interested in partners and/or shuttles
I'm heading up to Colorado tomorrow with the plan of starting the trail on the 20th or 21st heading from Denver to Durango. If anyone wants to join me for part of it I'd welcome the compan...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Colorado Trail interested in partners and/or shuttles
August 16, 8:19am

WTT Golite Jam2 size M
I have a Golite Jam2 thats just a bit too small for me so I'd like to swap it for something with a longer torso. Its size Medium, I think its the 2007 or 2008 model because it does not have ...

In Gear Swap » WTT Golite Jam2 size M
August 12, 10:06am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.