BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1641 - 1650 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ...211

Forum » Thread

Thanks
Thanks for the gear list. I'm still wondering how the extra small zilch is too big. Isn't it something like 1000 cubic inches? I always felt like I needed about 1500 cubic inches at leas...

In Gear Swap » Packs: Zpacks Cuben, Zpacks dyneema, Gossamer Gear
November 10, 3:44pm

Ideas
Okay now that I stated all my complaints and Javen has given some things to think about anybody got an idea how to make a SUL pack other than carbon fiber stays on the side. No offense to those wh...

In GEAR » No one wants a 40 liter 15 ounce framed pack right ?
November 10, 3:40pm

Twisting problems?
I agree that I don't see the point of adding stays to some frameless packs. My problem with frameless packs is not that the "frame" i.e. folded foam pad, collapses under weight. I r...

November 10, 3:30pm

Zilch Question
Brian if the Zilch is too big I'm dying to know what your gear list is like.

In Gear Swap » Packs: Zpacks Cuben, Zpacks dyneema, Gossamer Gear
November 10, 2:50pm

Its about time
I've been thinkings its about time for a SUL style pack with a frame. I've been surprised there hasn't been more interest in the zpacks exo pack.

November 10, 8:22am

Permits for Witchita Mountains
I just googled it. Apparently you have to get permits for the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge to backpack and the number is limited so you might have to plan ahead (on the other hand this might ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » HELP!!!! PLACES TO PACK IN TO A CAMPSITE IN OKLAHOM
November 09, 8:00pm

Knives
+1 on the gerbers, decent quality and easily available at Walmarts etc. I found a really good deal on one of the bigger CRKT knives. A couple of the serated teeth have broken off. Now to be fair...

In GEAR » Knife Recommendations
November 09, 7:56pm

Witchita Mountains
I think the Witchita Mountains will be your best bet. I'm not sure how much backpacking but its good hiking from what I hear. That would probably be the closest, the Ozarks are farther but it...

November 09, 7:48pm

One idea
I don't know Okalahoma real well. Should be some areas in the east for example along the Ouchita Trail. I did a day hike in the Ouchita Mtns. on the Arkansas side. I think it was called th...

November 09, 7:35pm

Do it yourself article
If you want to try this yourself there was an article here on turning a mummy bag into a quilt. If I recall it was a fairly straightforeward process. They just marked off the dimensions, shook al...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wanted: someone to modify a sleeping bag for me, and ideas
November 09, 3:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.