BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1621 - 1630 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ...180

Forum » Thread

Japanese influenced (JSB) alcohol stove
I ran a computer translation of Yukio-san's 09/04/2005-08:22:01 post. Then I re-worked the computer translation to made it easier to read. My version follows: =============================== Th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Japanese influenced (JSB) alcohol stove
September 04, 10:39am

3-Minute Boil-Japanese influenced (JSB) alcohol stove
Matsukaze - 3 minutes I just completed my first timed test with a newly designed Cyclone type stove. For the test I used a 1.5 liter Trangia cook pot with a home-made lid, 16 ounces of cold t...

August 31, 1:35pm

This is a computer translation of the last post from Yukio-san. I will try and rearrange the sentance structure and change a few words and see if I can make it easier to read and follow. Than...

August 30, 9:48am

I work with Titanium with what I call my Torch and Hammer - Pound and Form technique and use more or less primitive blacksmithing skills. I don't have the equipment to weld Titanium. I fasten it ...

August 29, 6:15pm

Canister Stove Windscreen - How To
Some time ago this was posted to the BackpackingLight Yahoo Group This is how he made a very nice, though not easy or cheap, windscreen for his canister stove. I moderated the Yahoo "MakeGear" gro...

In Make Your Own Gear » Canister Stove Windscreen - How To
August 29, 2:13pm

Thank you Hajime-san for taking your time to give us a better translation of Yukio-san's messages. I thank Yukio-san for continuing to share his knowledge with us. I think we are learning fast. ...

August 29, 12:08pm

I have tested my second and a little different "Cyclone" style stove. I changed the air inlet shape. What I have found is that I can refine the holes after the first stove burn. The Aluminum whi...

August 28, 10:11pm

This afternoon I made two new stoves. The first was an attempt at a "Cyclone" stove. The first test fire did not achieve the "Cyclone" effect. It looked like it wanted to so I gave it a little t...

August 28, 8:40pm

I have spent a lot of time the last couple of days looking at Japanese web site's (in Japanese) with small stoves on them. Clicking on everything that looked like an active link. I have found all...

August 28, 7:51pm

Everything Old Becomes New Again
Hi Roger, Thanks for your imput. The Zen Stove site has been referenced several times on this thread and some other cook stuff related threads. The total weight of your kitchen at 2.5oz is nice...

In GEAR » Ultralight Outfitters Beer Can Stove System for Esbit Fuel
August 28, 12:56am

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am