BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1611 - 1620 of 1823 | Page: 1 ...153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ...183

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Titanium Potty Trowel
You can get titanium from thru hiker. I am pretty sure that was Bill's source. If you need larger than the sizes mentioned, use the contact us link and he'll provide other sizes.

In GEAR » Antigravity Gear Pot Feedback
January 07, 12:54pm

yet another light camp chair idear
I've driven/walked/biked past these folks for years and never gave it much thought. This product looks like a potential UL MYOG project, especially since I like to use a good sized belly pac...

In GEAR » yet another light camp chair idear
January 07, 11:17am

Re: Philmont and changing
James, Is Philmont worth it? I might know at the end of July when I get back from my first trek but folks I respect (and who are also not died in the wool, everything about scouting is great ty...

In Gear Lists » Philmont gear selection..
January 07, 10:43am

Re: Re: 1.25 lbs of food per day?
Erin said: In my experience, the only way to keep the calorie count hign enough is to carry lots of fat - as much as possible ; Ann Bancroft (the polar trekker, not the actor) has a great story ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 1.25 lbs of food per day?
January 05, 7:10am

Re: Insulated Chaps - Arms or Legs
The Ion seemed to be better and after a couple of miles I would have to un-zip the Ion but my body never really moved much heat to my arms. My first thought was that this is more insulation than...

In Make Your Own Gear » Insulated Chaps - Arms or Legs
January 05, 4:25am

Re: Honey
SARBAR's website (URL available in her BPL profile) lists a couple sources for small serving honey packets. I haven't been in a Mac&Don's for a couple years but they used to have...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Warm Drinks
January 04, 12:57pm

Re: And I'm Glad He Did.
Scott, Yellowstone was an NP b4 Adams' birth and Adams was a pre-teen at the time of Muir's death. I suspect you were thinking of William Henry Jackson. As awed as I am with the e...

In Photography » Going light with a camera, why?
December 30, 4:40am

Re: Going light with a camera, why?
While reading this thread I just can't seem to purge my mind of images of Ansel Adams lugging an 8x10 view camera to high points in the Sierra Nevada.

In Photography » Going light with a camera, why?
December 29, 4:01pm

Re: Tin cans and rust
here is a recent thread about aluminum cans. Most (all?) "tin cans" will rust unless in an arid climate. Some come with an interior coating that seems to be OK for water boiling temps...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tin cans and rust
December 29, 1:20pm

Re: its a scam; avoid them
I'm not ready to call it a scam ... yet. That will depend on their response. If they correct their web site for that item and take the product back in a way there is no cost to me (other th...

In Gear Deals » new $80 merino wool blend 1/4 zips or bottoms for $20
December 29, 7:08am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am