BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1611 - 1620 of 1809 | Page: 1 ...153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ...181

Forum » Thread

Re: most of us can only hope for this
thanks for the pointer ... interesting interview. Me thinks I need to expand my horizons and watch a few more forums. Nice to see that he'll be sharing what he knows and even nicer to see a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » most of us can only hope for this
December 26, 6:06am

Re: Uretek Zippers
I have not seen exactly what you are asking for but unless you really need to be able to completely separate each side you can get what you are looking for using continuous coil uretek zipper stoc...

In Make Your Own Gear » Uretek Zippers
December 23, 9:21pm

Re: Skurka to give slideshow in Duluth
One never knows what early 2007 will bring though. So true. Down south (here in St. Paul), I was raking late falling leaves in shorts and a t-shirt Thanksgiving weekend and 10 days later the lo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Skurka to give slideshow in Duluth
December 22, 3:10pm

Re: Alcohol Stove - Can bottom for fire starter
Dont get me wrong, its a great zero-weight tool to have, its just not something to rely on as a fire starter for when you REALLY need to be warm and dry. That fire starter idea is interesting an...

In Multiple Use Gear » Alcohol Stove - Can bottom for fire starter
December 22, 12:36pm

Re: Skurka to give slideshow in Duluth
He says, "Yeah, I'm just thinking about how much that must have sucked." In retrosepct, my thoughts exactly. Ok Andrew, I think I know the answer to the following (but I COULD be w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Skurka to give slideshow in Duluth
December 22, 12:22pm

most of us can only hope for this
80 yr old completes 106 rim-rim-rim Grand Canyon trips this year (multi day trips) article here From the size of his pack I'd say that he'd improve his chances of reaching his stated g...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » most of us can only hope for this
December 21, 2:50pm

Re: Aluminum containers?
Perhaps this ?

In GEAR » Aluminum containers?
December 18, 8:10pm

re: sans map
There's a story about Daniel Boone, who (while back in "civilization") was asked "Do you ever get lost out there in the wilderness?" "Nope, he replied, I've never ...

In Philosophy & Technique » specific Map question:
December 17, 5:33pm

Re: Where to find/Buy Fabrics
thru-hiker has epic malibu ... be aware that epic availability does not have steady availability from any retail source. The others I don't know about.

In Make Your Own Gear » Where to find/Buy Fabrics
December 15, 5:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Rainbow versus Rainbow 2, thoughts?
And yes, I buy a new tent almost every year. Same with backpacks. I can't help it. Gear calls to me, or something! I hear ya. I own a GG Virga, Breeze, a G4, a Kelty Redwing and misc daypa...

In GEAR » Rainbow versus Rainbow 2, thoughts?
December 07, 10:14am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am