BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1611 - 1620 of 1839 | Page: 1 ...153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ...184

Forum » Thread

yet another perspective
another perspective (the Homeland Security t-shirt)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Passports
January 25, 5:31am

Backpacker Magazine
Just four words ... Vote with your pocketbook

In GEAR » Backpacker's "Gear Guide" just out
January 21, 5:49pm

Re: Re: Ultralight fire starter
Mark said: This is what I carry ... and it's less than $3 Below is the tale of the tape on these. Weights are in grams. Weight of the small one without the cord and striker is 5 grams. ...

In GEAR » Ultralight fire starter
January 20, 12:10pm

Re: Light Insulation With Water Bottle Pockets?
James, Three part answer: Couple months ago Andrew Skurka was fishing for questions to answer in an "Ask Us" column that BPL will be running. You might want to generalize the quest...

In GEAR » Light Insulation With Water Bottle Pockets?
January 20, 10:19am

Re: 10'x10' SilNylon Tarp
Cooke Custom Sewing Not the lowest cost and probably an ounce or two heavier than some but feature rich and very well made and made in the USA. Dan's products evolved from the needs of fo...

In Make Your Own Gear » 10'x10' SilNylon Tarp
January 20, 7:51am

Re: Wood/Xtreme Stove - Multi-Fuel
Tom, titanium source

In Make Your Own Gear » Wood/Xtreme Stove - Multi-Fuel
January 17, 10:12am

Re: Re: BC Warm Delights...
Curtis, You've got my attention ... what kind of alcohol stove you using for this?

In Editor's Roundtable » Groovy-Biotic Cooking: Quick, Healthy Meals with an Ultralight Cook Kit
January 16, 12:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Vargo Titanium 0.9 L pot w/ Ti spoke handle
how does one "make sure you get the 2 attachment points exactly opposite each other."? IF the pot is reasonably close to truely circular, cut a circular piece of paper the same diamete...

In Multiple Use Gear » Vargo Titanium 0.9 L pot w/ Ti spoke handle
January 16, 11:56am

tracking Andrew
Folks interested in tracking his weather might find these links useful: Silver Bay Grand Marais Ely I like the graphs ... -16F in Grand Marais yesterday!

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight in the Icebox
January 14, 7:58am

Cold weather is here!
Andrew should be in the Grand Marais area. Their airport is back away from the lake much like the trail is and at 11:30am they're reporting -8F with a 10mph north wind ... windchill in the -20...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight in the Icebox
January 12, 10:46am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am