BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1611 - 1620 of 2059 | Page: 1 ...153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ...206

Forum » Thread

Pack
Robert I have two possible ideas if you're still looking. 1. Look for a closeout deal on an extra small pack. Since these are the last to go you might get a good deal. 2. Look for a ki...

In Gear Swap » WTB GG Mariposa Plus, SMD Swift or similar
November 07, 9:58pm

Night Layer
One trick is too do a search on the gear swap forum. Sometimes you find something buried there and the deals can be better than what you'd find elsewear. Womens and extra small items (and ext...

In GEAR » Recommendations on puffy (preferably synthetic) jacket for son
November 07, 9:48pm

Jackets
Fleece might be a better option since he'll grow. I'd think in your situation the extra weight of fleece would not be a huge issue. If you to add to it a cheap down vest from a thrift sto...

In GEAR » Recommendations on puffy (preferably synthetic) jacket for son
November 07, 3:36pm

Price
The link didn't work for me so I don't know exaclty what kind of back we're talking about. I did try turning a synthetic bag into a quilt and was dissappointed that I didn't save m...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wanted: someone to modify a sleeping bag for me, and ideas
November 07, 2:11pm

Check this website...
David you may already know about summitpost.org but its a resource I have had good luck with planning trips in other areas. Never been to Hell's Canyon but they do have it on Summitpost.org so...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hells Canyon in November: best off?
November 07, 12:59pm

Its Cool
R.S. don't worry. In the Sierras you might actually get to see a bear. In other areas its more rare. Never had a problem, none of my friends had a problem, none of my friend's friend'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT and Bear Spray.
November 07, 12:48pm

Re Re Overkill but...
I may not have been clear Nick. Yes I agree the main thing is practice good clean camping and avoid problems to begin with. I also would not approve of needlessly harressing wildlife in any way. ...

November 07, 12:33pm

Very Updated List
Found a lot more stuff to clean out so the list has been updated and prices dropped. Someone give these maps a home, they just make me want to move out west again!

In Gear Swap » F.S. Pack, dry bags, books, maps, GPS, Knife
November 07, 8:55am

Overkill but...
Pepper spray might be overkill for CA but why ban it? Worst case scenerio some hikers get trigger happy and spray a bear that didn't really need to get sprayed. Okay he may not like the exper...

November 07, 5:49am

got one
I ended up with a great deal on a Patagonia Micropuff. Thanks Pat! Can't wait to try it out! Thanks for the ideas ya'll.

In Gear Swap » WTB Light Synthetic Insulated Jacket
November 05, 10:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.