BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1601 - 1610 of 1838 | Page: 1 ...152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ...184

Forum » Thread

Re: Do I flip a coin ?
Pray tell, how do you plan to choose among three options by fliping a coin? Folks doing computer simulations have been doing that for decades (most computers being binary critters). You just ha...

In GEAR » Do I flip a coin ?
March 10, 2:35am

Re: Everclear
nd remember if you do use Everclear you get that extra satisfaction out of true multi use gear. ;) Multi-use? nope Multi-purpose? OH yeah!

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove and My Burning Eyes?
March 09, 11:55am

Re: REI Dividend Sale
OH yeah. Let's see, 80% of the GG VT list price is $128 and I'm already shopping for a new credit card since BOA assimulated my previous credit card bank and the REI card comes with a $...

In Gear Deals » REI Dividend Sale
February 28, 11:41am

Re: BushBuddy in Denali
Not to spoil a perfectly good speculatory thread but on Tuesday I submitted a BushBuddy specific question to the "Contact us" link on the Denali NP website. The answer arrived today. ...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy in Denali?
February 22, 7:22pm

Re: Jim, "zelt"
that was it, thanks

In Winter Hiking » Best lightweight winter tent?
February 09, 5:36am

Re: Vaude Refuge
The Vaude Refuge appears to be an example of a shelter style discussed in an earlier thread .... which I'm not being able to locate. Anyone remember the generic name of that style shelter?

In Winter Hiking » Best lightweight winter tent?
February 08, 2:52pm

Re: Ultralight in the Icebox
Yes indeed, the icebox is trying to live up to it's name. International Falls, which worked long and hard to trademark the term "Nations Icebox" is reporting -26F. For Ely it was +1...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight in the Icebox
February 03, 7:09am

Re: OWARE
Jane, You might want to read this comment about pertex vs a more readily available alternative

In Make Your Own Gear » Spinn cloth bivy floor..
January 28, 10:39am

MYOG breakaway neck lanyard
Collared cats face the same risk as "lanyarded" off trail hikers ... becoming hung by the neck. You can buy breakaway collars like these, the one on the left came from PetCo ($8 and we...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG breakaway neck lanyard
January 27, 3:18pm

yet another perspective
another perspective (the Homeland Security t-shirt)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Passports
January 25, 5:31am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am