BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1601 - 1610 of 1823 | Page: 1 ...152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ...183

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: BC Warm Delights...
Curtis, You've got my attention ... what kind of alcohol stove you using for this?

In Editor's Roundtable » Groovy-Biotic Cooking: Quick, Healthy Meals with an Ultralight Cook Kit
January 16, 12:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Vargo Titanium 0.9 L pot w/ Ti spoke handle
how does one "make sure you get the 2 attachment points exactly opposite each other."? IF the pot is reasonably close to truely circular, cut a circular piece of paper the same diamete...

In Multiple Use Gear » Vargo Titanium 0.9 L pot w/ Ti spoke handle
January 16, 11:56am

tracking Andrew
Folks interested in tracking his weather might find these links useful: Silver Bay Grand Marais Ely I like the graphs ... -16F in Grand Marais yesterday!

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight in the Icebox
January 14, 7:58am

Cold weather is here!
Andrew should be in the Grand Marais area. Their airport is back away from the lake much like the trail is and at 11:30am they're reporting -8F with a 10mph north wind ... windchill in the -20...

January 12, 10:46am

Re: best computer for the backcountry?
That didn't take long, which is encouraging ... Benjamin nailed the answer I was looking for. Or as I like to state it "The one you were born with, dangit"

In GEAR » best computer for the backcountry?
January 10, 11:50am

best computer for the backcountry?
This is kind of a companion to the Apple iPhone thread. What is the best computer to bring into the backcountry? I'll propose an answer in 48 hours if someone else doesn't suggest the...

In GEAR » best computer for the backcountry?
January 10, 11:25am

Re: Minnesota Cold
If he's making his expected 20-25 miles per day then he's still near the lake until late in the week. Temps there are forecast to be 10F or more warmer than Ely. Let's hope his moistu...

January 08, 6:16pm

Re: Vargo Titanium 0.9 L pot w/ Ti spoke handle
very nice. Looks like the radius of the bale is approx that of the pot. Is that correct? Does it handle well?

In Multiple Use Gear » Vargo Titanium 0.9 L pot w/ Ti spoke handle
January 07, 1:56pm

Re: Philmont and changing
What is the point of volunteering if the people you are volunteering for don't really seem to value your efforts? I hear ya on that. I keep reminding myself to appreciate the kids I reach ....

In Gear Lists » Philmont gear selection..
January 07, 1:52pm

Re: MYOG Ti Potty Trowel
Be sure to report on how well it works in root infested soil. I know that with the ubiquitous orange plastic trowel I need to cut the hole out (stabbing motions) rather than pry on it.

In GEAR » Antigravity Gear Pot Feedback
January 07, 1:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am