Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1601 - 1610 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ...180

Forum » Thread

Material for "Flat Fold" Cook Pot
Vick: Thanks for the "heads-up" on the Brass. I get a lot of my metal stuff at a local Hobby Shop. The Hobby Shops sell stuff by a company called K&S Engineering that packages lots of sizes,...

In Make Your Own Gear » Aluminum "Flat Fold" Cook Pot
September 20, 10:41am

Origami style stove
Hi Joshua & Vick, I see the main problem being something that gets to complicated vs other simple ways to boil water. Several years ago when Risk posted his first wood stove I made one and we exc...

September 19, 10:27pm

Folding Wood Stove
Link to stove Templates and Instructions This is the Nimblewill Nomad Wood Stove. The best metal for this is Titanium and you can get it from Thru-Hiker.com I buy all my Titanium from AY...

In Make Your Own Gear » Alcohol Stove
September 19, 4:18pm

Aluminum "Flat Fold" Cook Pot
I have completed my first Al Flat Fold Cook Pot boil test (12oz of water). I used a full Esbit tablet. I had a boil between 4 and 5 minutes. The Pan Liner Cook Pot looks like it came through the...

September 19, 3:07pm

Scott and Joshua: Thanks for your comments. I don't have a lot of confidence that the Aluminum pan liner will last very long as a cook pot. My first test with fire will use an Esbit tablet. I...

September 19, 12:26pm

After writting about folding Titanium and making a "Flat Fold" cook pot I had a look at the materials I have on hand. At one time BMW was selling some Titanium Foil but it cost a lot and I could n...

September 18, 11:42pm

Orikaso Cup and bowl
I have a couple of sets of each color. The Red is nice. The picture shows the Red cup with the handle part folded under. To bad you really can't fold and refold Titanium. I would get a piece a...

September 18, 2:14pm

Orikaso Cup and bowl
I use the Orikaso cup and bowl. They fold flat for storage and are very easy to clean. for me they are well worth the extra 2oz. In one of the pictures you can see my home made Titanium long...

September 18, 12:56pm

BMW Vapr Bivy
Early this week BMW anounced that the Vapr Bivy was back in stock. I have been waiting for this and put one on order. Today I received my BMW Vapr Bivy, fast service if I do say so. From the not...

In GEAR » ultralight bivies.
September 17, 2:32pm

Kahtoola KTS Crampons
If you are going to be on frozen rock much the Steel will stay sharp much longer than the Aluminum ones will. Even at a couple oz more it is well worth it. My Steel ones weigh 23.02oz.

In GEAR » Kahtoola KTS Traction Systems
September 15, 12:06am

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am