Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

James Reilly (zippymorocco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Montana
About Me James Reilly has not added a biography yet.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Reilly

Showing 161 - 170 of 398 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...40

Forum » Thread

Gortex socks
If the rain might turn to snow I like Gortex socks and non Gortex shoes. Saved my toes in North Carolina this March. Lots of snow.

In GEAR » If it rains do you keep going?
July 23, 5:02pm

Dry grear
Roger is right on about the dry gear. Make sure you have a system that works before you set out. For me a compactor bag worked nicely. If hiking in rain and temps below 50 take extra pr...

July 23, 4:58pm

Keep hiking if at all possible.
I just finished my through hike of the AT yesterday. We started March 5 and hiked through every type of precipitation. We did take a break while the snow melted off Big Bald and waited out an e...

July 23, 11:49am

Josh
Thanks a lot josh. I am getting pretty excited.

In GEAR » zpacks hexamid twin tent: entry and floor Q
July 05, 5:45pm

Hexamid
I think that this might be the wrong tent for an older person with knee problems. It requires that you really get down to get in. However, I have seen some custom options that allow for easier ...

In GEAR » zpacks hexamid twin tent: entry and floor Q
July 05, 5:03pm

New pair
Yes, the photo I posted is misleading. It is the arch side that has collapsed. I am just going to buy another pair of the same brand and go with it. Maybe replacing them sooner next time.

In GEAR » Shoe problems on my thru?
May 02, 11:57am

Re:
Thanks for the responses. No doubt these shoes need replaced. My feet have been great. In fact I have not had so much as a blister yet. I just wanted to make sure that I am not ignoring a war...

May 02, 7:17am

Shoe problems on my thru?
I have just finished hiking 850 miles in this pair of shoes. They are inov 8 roclite 315. The arch side of both shoes have been crushed down while the other side remains intact causing or caused b...

May 02, 6:49am

Hexamid Twin
I know that the Hexamid Twin is technically a two people tent but it makes a fine solo as well!

In GEAR » If you could have only ONE solo shelter?
April 13, 8:38am

Tarptent?
PM sent.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Lightweight Tent To Use As A Loaner
April 06, 11:15am

All Reader Reviews by James Reilly

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Feathered Friends Customer Service
I spoke to a very helpful person on the phone. She helped me determine the proper size for the jacket I wanted. Jacket fits perfectly, was shipped quick and is of top quality.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 19, 8:13pm

Sea to Summit Premium Silk Liner
We purchased a ultra-sil stuff sack as recommended by a customer service rep at a outfitter along the A.T. In using it to stuff my wife's sleeping bag I ripped the thing in half. She called up th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 19, 8:08pm