BPL Community Profile

David Wills (willspower3) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale David Wills hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me 25 years old. AT 2009, PCT 2011.
StateGA
CountryUSA or S. Korea
My PDF Gear ListPCT 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Wills

Showing 161 - 170 of 479 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...48

Forum » Thread

Mica Mods
Well, I got the scissors and sewing machine out and went to town on the Mica. I removed all the elastic and cord locks, removed the pockets and zippers on the pockets using the storm flaps to sew t...

In GEAR » Marmot Mica
November 11, 1:17pm

40 gram primaloft?
Hey, does anyone have a source for 40g primaloft? Sport or One would be fine. I heard rumors of it being offered about a year and a half ago but havent seen anything. A continuous filament around 4...

In Make Your Own Gear » 40 gram primaloft?
November 11, 1:06pm

Re: Climashield Apex
Ron Bell is the only one I've seen thats gotten any so far. His site says 5-10% better efficiency than XP. That puts it somewhere between .86 and .90 clo/oz. Sounds like a winner. He replaced 5...

In Make Your Own Gear » Climashield Apex
November 10, 12:08pm

Re: Re: Marmot Mica
You could sew off the zippered pockets and seal the seams. May actually improve the performance of the jacket too if you use a hipbelt. Its got an adjustable hood velcro tab that i never use on the...

In GEAR » Marmot Mica
November 04, 11:29pm

Re: Re: AT Gear Reviews
Ill have to look into that TNF jacket. Sounds like a winner. Sorry, when i said 'everything got soaked' i meant all of my clothes. My sleeping bag generally stayed dry with the exception...

In GEAR » AT Gear Reviews
November 04, 10:23am

Re: Mica
It stayed waterproof if thats what you are asking. I would have used 3 sets of dri ducks if i did it again. Ill use the same mica when i try to do the pct in 2011 because i know it will be a great,...

November 04, 12:29am

AT Gear Reviews
All these PCT guys reviewing their gear got me motivated to represent the east coast. Here are my reviews of the gear I used on a very soggy AT thru hike this year ULA Conduit 2008- 5/5. Used wi...

November 03, 11:59pm

Re: duo mid life span
You will be hard pressed to find much any UL gear to hand down to grandkids, depending on your age of course. If you want an UL tent to last 20 years of regular use and still be in good shape, you ...

In GEAR » duo mid life span
November 03, 11:13pm

Re: Beanie
I would recommend keeping your pad. Having that much comfort is pretty great, and its not terribly heavy. Maybe get a 1/2 length walmart eggcrate pad for when your feeling frisky, but i wouldnt ma...

In Gear Lists » Going from 15 to 10
November 03, 10:12am

Re: Trying to decide what tent to make & going crazy over it
If you aren't one that needs a self supported style of tent, the original tarptent MYOG designs from 10 years ago are still pretty relevant, as is the rayway tarp and net tent. Most of the desi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Trying to decide what tent to make & going crazy over it
November 02, 2:17pm

All Reader Reviews by David Wills

David Wills has posted no reviews.