BPL Community Profile

Mat Tallman (wehtaM) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Mat Tallman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mat Tallman

Showing 161 - 170 of 235 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Recourse for a bad vendor?
"PayPal will handle it. They try to contact the vendor and if they don't get answers and action, you get your money back." --------------------- In theory, yes, but I've nev...

In GEAR » Recourse for a bad vendor?
January 16, 1:36pm

midwest spots
5-6 hours seems to be about as good as it gets from what I've found so far. The spots I've found in MO are about that distance too, which I'm willing to drive, but for a weekend trip...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Good 1-3 night destinations in the Midwest?
January 15, 6:02pm

Good 1-3 night destinations in the Midwest?
Ok, so in the past 9 months, I've moved from Nashville, TN, shouting distance from a plethora of excellent trail opportunities, back to central Illinois (Springfield) where I grew up. Unfortun...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Good 1-3 night destinations in the Midwest?
January 15, 4:54pm

sweater
Any interest in selling the Medium outright? I have nothing to trade but interested in buying if you're willing...

In Gear Swap » First Ascent Downlight Sweater M for L trade?
September 18, 10:09pm

rolled lip
I managed to roll a lip into a foster's can, leaving me with right at 2 cups capacity. I started by cutting it down, leaving about 3/8" extra above my theoretical "top" of the...

In GEAR » Creating a rim on a beer can pot
September 01, 10:05pm

Re: What's your lightweight illumination solution?
I found a little 1.2 ounce single LED headlamp at WalMart awhile back. Throws out a ton of light, decent battery life for a button cell, light, easy, and cost me like 5 bucks. I just can't ...

In GEAR » What's your lightweight illumination solution?
August 29, 1:37pm

Re: Smoky Mountains Loop
< Ok so I've been studying the Smoky Mountains trail map and I found a possible loop that seems like it would be fun to do. I can park at Newfound Gap as Hal suggested, go down the AT southb...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in the southeast?
August 24, 6:52pm

wash
you're going to continue having trouble getting any stains out as long as you use cold water. hot water on whites = cleeeean

In GEAR » Keeping your whites white
August 20, 8:56pm

shoes
If you feel you need more support than a low-cut shoe, Merril's Moab Ventilator mids are great too, and still relatively light. I wear these with Injinji socks and it's easily my favorit...

In GEAR » Need Weird Advice. Urgent!
August 01, 8:01pm

pump
seems to me that if you're in good enough shape to traipse around the mountains, you should have plenty of wind to blow up an air mattress. I've been told by doctors I have below average l...

In GEAR » Looking for UL air pump
August 01, 11:00am

All Reader Reviews by Mat Tallman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

e-OMC (Oregon Mountain Community) Customer Service
Bought a pair of shoes from them (Montrail Mountain Masochists) and got them quickly, as advertised, for a good price. Ordered an Integral Designs Siltarp which leaked terribly out of the box (not ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 26, 1:32pm