Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Scott Ashdown (waterloggedwellies) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale United Kingdom
About Me I live just north of London in the UK near to the Chiltern Hills and adjacent to open countryside. I'm within walking distance of several iron age settlements and one of the oldest walking trails in the UK. Natural springs, woodlands, water mills, windmills, old churches, castles and an abundance of wildlife are all within walking distance and are great for weekend trips.

For longer trips, well the glaciated lakes of the lake district and the mountains of Scotland and Wales beckon.

The UK is truly an amazing place!
CityLuton
StateBedfordshire
CountryEngland

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott Ashdown

Showing 161 - 162 of 162 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

Do you hate horses too?
I recently went on a backpacking trip in the United Kingdom with a party of about fifteen boy scouts. We were walking along a small river on a trail when a horse rider approached from the other dir...

In Chaff » Do you hate horses too?
July 19, 9:08pm

Thermojet Microlite Stove
I ordered mine prior to the review on this site from the United Kingdom and it arrived within a couple of weeks. I am really pleased with it and it is probably the stove I use the most - and I have...

In GEAR » ThermoJet MicroLite Stove
July 19, 8:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Scott Ashdown

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montane Featherlite
I have two of the Montane Featherlite shirts one of which I have owned now for about two years. These things pack up so small I always have one with me when I go out, whether its stuffed in a pocke...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 21, 12:04pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
Ditto to everything Douglas Frick said. This hat has offered me the best protection from the sun to date. I haven't had it long but am already impressed by the coverage it offers. Definitely will ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 15, 9:21pm

Bozeman Mountain Works Torsolite Pad
Well, I've taken my BMW Torsolite on a few backpacking trips now, in that never end search for the perfect nights sleep for the least amount of weight. It is true to say that this pad is nice and t...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
July 22, 3:15am

FlexAir Pillow Dual Compartment Ultralight
I bought one of these pillows with a bit scepticism. However, I have to say, it performed better than I expected. You get all the usual problems associated with air pillows in terms of getting the ...

In Miscellaneous Products
July 18, 4:38pm

Silva Type 54 Compass
Having looked for a a good compass over a long period of time, I evenutally settled for the Silva Type 54. The compass it's self is a base plate type compass so it's ideal for taking bearings direct f...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
August 17, 4:37am

Kelly Kettle
I totally agree with Ryans comments above. I have owned a Kelly Kettle for a few years now and use it in a base camp type set up. It is supremely fast in boiling water and the chimney effect makes it ...

In Stoves - Other
August 07, 10:54pm

Stratus Trailstove
The TrailStove by Stratus is a straight forward wood burning stove. I purchased one about a year ago or so and looked forward to the weight savings I would make by not having to carry fuel with me. Th...

In Stoves - Other
August 07, 10:16pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I have purchased several types of soda can stove over the years and whilst they all have there strengths and weaknesses, this is by far the alcohol stove set up I use the most. This openjet stove, is ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
August 05, 12:44pm