BPL Community Profile

Larry Dyer (veriest1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Born 1984; raised in the sticks; grew up hiking, riding bikes, and camping; decided to combine them in 2009.
StateTX
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry Dyer

Showing 161 - 170 of 465 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...47

Forum » Thread

Socks
I wear merino socks a lot at work during the winter and whatever cheap/effective insulation I can come up with for the rest of me.

In GEAR » Merino for everyday?
January 17, 4:56pm

BD Poles
I've also heard that the Wal-Mart flick lock poles use the same hard ware as BD. I wouldn't be surprised but I can't confirm it. I have the BD Trail Ergo Cork poles and I guess I cou...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles
January 17, 1:41am

Re: Weight Distribution
"I try and put my heaviest items as close the the center of the pack and as close to my back as possible. Reduces the 'sum of the torque' of the pack on your body. Obviously this weigh...

In GEAR » Anyone move away from Water Bladders?
January 15, 9:37pm

Re: Bottles
"Hard to get in and out of a loaded pack, hard to guess how much water was left, always the threat of a leaky bladder soaking my bag. I just don't need the hassle." I find this is ...

January 15, 8:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Biner
Don't worry about it. I need at least 4 of them and, in case you missed the edit, I saw the similar prices but not the double quantity for the price earlier. I'll pick some up when the Moun...

In GEAR » rock bag recommendations
January 15, 7:12pm

Re: Re: Biner
That's just 5 cents off the MLD price and I'm already paying shipping there. I may just have to have Ron amend the small items on my order... again. EDIT: Just noticed that's a 2 pac...

January 15, 7:04pm

Biner
Jamie: A little off topic but where did you get that biner? I think MLD carries a similar one but can't bring myself to pay so much for them.

January 15, 6:52pm

Both
In Big Bend I carried a pair of smart water bottles with the flip caps/blue nozzle looking things instead of a regular lid along with a 2 liter platy and a 1 liter platy. Using the blue nozzle c...

January 15, 6:45pm

Linux
It seems to be working in Ubuntu versions of Linux as well. I haven't tried it with anything else.

In Gear Lists » Gear weight calculator HTML
January 15, 2:08pm

Sharp stabbity things.
The polycryo sheets should last quite a while if you'll just take a bit of extra time to clear your campsite of small pointy things before setting up. I don't really use mine anymore but th...

In GEAR » GG Polycro ground cloth
January 15, 1:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry Dyer

Larry Dyer has posted no reviews.