Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 161 - 170 of 1224 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...123

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Synthetic degradation question
I would suggest hand washing or using a front loader at a laundromat. Anything else will likely tear the bag up too much...if it even needs a wash. Like some other posters, I would say it was pr...

In GEAR » Synthetic degradation question
December 07, 6:28pm

Re: Re: 0F Sleeping Bags
For women, I definitely recommend looking at a Feathered Friends bag. They're women's versions seem well designed and cut more than others that rely on a unisex (*cough* male *cough*) shape...

In GEAR » 0F Sleeping Bags
December 07, 6:22pm

Re: Thanks
Just bring a windshirt anyway ;) That way you can test it out and if you don't like it you have the softshell as a backup. I've never been guided before but I doubt they'll yell at y...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Is a softshell jacket necessary?
December 07, 6:03pm

Re: I don't understand the DAS parka
The DAS, and any of those heavy synth belay parkas, exist for two purposes. Climbing or extended trips, often both at the same time. When you're climbing a big wall in sub freezing temps, that ...

In GEAR » Multi-use Winter Jacker DAS?
December 06, 7:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Cap 4 = Power Stretch?
Yeah, the current Cap 4 stuff is pretty light. Pants are 5 oz and the Top is 8oz or so, you're under a lb for the pair, likely even in the largest sizes. Still I think the stuff is too warm for...

In GEAR » Lofty Fleece Layer
December 06, 5:51pm

Re: All-in-one
@HWC, I'm not sure that's what the above poster was recommending. I don't know anyone on this forum that uses the typical 3-in-1 winter combos sold by so many companies. What they are r...

In GEAR » Multi-use Winter Jacker DAS?
December 06, 5:42pm

Re: Re: Breathability and warmth
Dale, you bring up a good point and thats why we now have the hybrid jackets so favored by climbers. The synth insulates the lower perspiration areas of the core while the fleece sides and underarm...

December 05, 5:46pm

Fleece
Also I'm getting an r2 today and for the weight that is what I think of as "lofty fleece." All this 100wt fleece chatter is off topic imo. I will say this, I feel colder wearing a sli...

December 05, 10:33am

Silk
If you want a really breathable and light outer shell to act basically as a scrim, pick up some 4.5mme silk! Not sure if the insulation would poke through it though, but should be plenty breathable...

December 05, 10:17am

Re: vapour barrier sock liners
There's a few articles on winter footwear. Many use the NRS Hydroskin for a similar purpose. Thin and comfortable neoprene sock that's warm and vapor proof if you seal the seams.

In GEAR » vapour barrier sock liners
December 05, 9:50am

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.