Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Greene (tippymcstagger) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me Jeremy Greene has not added a biography yet.
CityArlington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Greene

Showing 161 - 170 of 327 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...33

Forum » Thread

Mora...Where to Buy in USA?
It doesn't even have to be a Mora. Requirements: -can take a batton (splitting firewood) -lightish -very low price edit: www.frosts-scandia.com was quick to respond. They recommended ...

In GEAR » Benchmade vs. Mora
February 21, 1:52pm

Where can I legally walk?
Aside from well-marked trails, where can I go? What is allowed on BLM land? National Forest/Grassland? Corps? Floodplains? How does one go about getting permission to cross private property? How...

In Chaff » Where can I legally walk?
February 17, 6:03pm

Re: fanny, lumbar and waist packs
Not sure if you are looking for a discussion of the list or the pack. Pack: Eagle Creek and some others make a money/passport belt which is like a fanny pack, but slim to fit inside clothes. If ...

In GEAR » fanny, lumbar and waist packs
February 17, 5:42pm

Re: Hiking Pants
Sorry to hijack the bidirectional post. Darren, Gramicci makes some hipbelt-compatible nylon pants in several leg lengths. Good materials, but the wrinkled/aged (j.crew) effect bothers me.

In GEAR » hiking pant
February 16, 9:06am

INTP
I 67 N 50 T 12 P 56 which equals Keirsey type "Architect" (good for my studies too!)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch)
February 14, 8:35pm

tyvek backpack--mesh shoulder straps?
I am interested to see more images of the straps. Nice and airy.

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek Backpack
February 13, 10:54pm

wtb: stove o-ring
I would like an o-ring or 2 for the snowpeak gigapower. I have a thread on this at http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=18592&...

In Gear Swap » wtb: stove o-ring
February 07, 10:49pm

Re: Re: leaking Snowpeak GigaPower stove
Sean, thanks silicone grease is helping the original o-ring. Rodger, Great stove faq on bushwalking. I tried a #6 o-ring which is supposed to be very close. Not a match, but could be the quality...

In GEAR » leaking Snowpeak GigaPower stove
February 07, 10:42pm

leaking Snowpeak GigaPower stove
I don't think I need the whole Snowpeak repair kit. Where can I find a replacement o-ring? If I go to a hardware store how will I recognize the correct part? Or does the part just need to be...

In GEAR » leaking Snowpeak GigaPower stove
February 07, 8:22am

Re: Re: Natural wood sealant???
"mineral oil, and 'butchers block oil' (similar). Both work well." It is worth noting that mineral oil is available in any pharmacy and at a far better price. Look at butchers ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Natural wood sealant???
February 01, 1:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Greene

Showing 1 - 10 of 11 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Littlbug Wood Burning Stove Littlbug Junior
I have some, but not enough experience with campfires and this stove seems like a good tool for me. My MYOG attempts were not satisfactory. This stove will let me dispose of my laundry lint and avoid ...

In Stoves - Other
February 09, 4:10pm

Ben's Backwoods Online Retailer
He caters more to the bushcraft market than the UL market. Good selection of Moras. Shipping cost is reasonable. When I destroyed my plastic handled Mora Triflex with poor baton technique, he let m...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 09, 3:37pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
Bigger company: Found this for a good sale price and at my door in 5 days. It is visually appealing too. Impression: Haven't used it yet, but inspected and started trimming. First use will be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 21, 2:38pm

MSR E-Wing
Good: *Sil-nylon cat cut tarp, elongated hexagon. *Small and light. *Can purchase with REI gift cards! *Use as dining fly or windbreak for 2, awning, minimal solo shelter, etc. *MSR suitably answ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 13, 2:05pm

Golite Ultra 20
Limited testing so far. Hope to add. I got it 2nd hand (but unused). Even at full price it is reasonable. Good materials, design, and build. Full baffle construction going *both ways* means that do...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
January 13, 12:03pm

Allen & Mike's Really Cool Backpackin' Book 2001
Light/UL/SUL books sometimes offer instruction for fast and light travel in optimal conditions. This book is not for lightweight, but gives more universal aspects of backpacking. The text covers th...

In Books and Media
October 28, 12:38pm

Backpacking Light MiniDrop 0.35-oz Dropper Bottles (7 pack)
The good has been clearly stated. The not-so-good: -orange and red are too similar -could use a ridge on tip for easier removal and filling edit: ridge not needed. Just push 90 degrees to tip.

In Miscellaneous Products
October 21, 8:08am

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
Very well organized. The crucial topics are touched. Combining the illustrations with the text allows for a brief overview or an in-depth visualization. As little as 1/2 hour of skimming gives a wealt...

In Books and Media
September 13, 11:00am

Lightweight Backpacking and Camping by Ryan Jordan et al.
If you have just stumbled onto this website, I highly recommend getting offline and reading this book. It covers many (perhaps most) of the topics repeatedly discussed here. It is well organized. It m...

In Books and Media
September 12, 2:41pm

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
The Book of the Bivvy jumps about, but mainly covers two subjects: bivvy bags and hillwalking in the UK. Though I've found several books on hillwalking, this is currently the only book I know of f...

In Books and Media
September 12, 2:28pm