November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mark Cashmere (tinkrtoy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NEOH
About Me I started backpacking in the Northeast in high school with 3 buddies where we had quick access to the AT (Hertlein campsite). Continued through college and dropped off during the family-building years. Got back into camping with my sons and Cub Scouts which just fueled the need for more backpacking. Getting out on weekend+ trips for the past few years and loving it all over again.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Cashmere

Showing 161 - 170 of 254 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

PM Sent
Would like them....

In Gear Swap » FS: Big Agnes Cyclone Chair Kit
September 24, 9:44pm

Meritline now
+1 Sansa Clip+ -- on Meritline right now in case anyone else needs to pick one up --

In GEAR » MP3 player, for backpacking and running
September 12, 9:02pm

Good stuff
Not 'little to no cost' as the item mentioned above, but since we are talking about waterproof maps I picked up some National Geographic Adventure Paper at an EMS recently. It was just und...

In Multiple Use Gear » Water proof map, on the cheap
September 09, 8:40pm

I have one somewhere that didn't work for me. Its in the green color. Used it on one weekend trip. Purchased it new. No rips, tears or stains, but I will look it over good once I have it in...

In Gear Swap » WTB: ibex merino hooded indie mens medium
September 06, 8:30am

+1 on the spray cheese. You just brought back soooo many camping memories! :)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Shelf stable cheese
August 11, 10:49am

These are about $1 per box around me, so probably not worth the shipping cost unless you can't get them near you. I find some of these flavors actually rather good and I definitely prefer the ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Free Better Oats Oatmeal
August 11, 7:17am

PM Sent

In Gear Swap » FS: or trade: Terra Nova 2g tents pegs
August 11, 5:02am

Honestly, I think there needs to be more non-gender stuff in the backpacking space. There have been a few items that I have looked at a piece of gear and thought that the look/color/weight were in...

In GEAR » Please someone explain this to me
July 21, 1:43pm

Seems like every time I look at something interesting on SAC it is for women. Definitely the Arcteryx stuff.

In GEAR » Please someone explain this to me
July 21, 8:53am

Thanks Rick, I will take a closer look at that one. I too would prefer a non-zipper close. The small Tamrac I had for my P&S Fuji had a velcro closure and I love that case, but alas it will n...

In Photography » Looking for XZ-1 carry options/opinions
July 07, 7:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Mark Cashmere

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Archtek Toothpaste Tablets
Received a bottle of these this past Christmas and was really surprised when I tried them on the trail this weekend how well they worked. It is going to take me a while to go through the 60 tablet bo...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 26, 6:40am