Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mark Cashmere (tinkrtoy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NEOH
About Me I started backpacking in the Northeast in high school with 3 buddies where we had quick access to the AT (Hertlein campsite). Continued through college and dropped off during the family-building years. Got back into camping with my sons and Cub Scouts which just fueled the need for more backpacking. Getting out on weekend+ trips for the past few years and loving it all over again.
CityCleveland
StateOH
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Cashmere

Showing 161 - 170 of 229 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Works for me
I was trying to resist this thread as I don't feel that I've proven out my Inov8s yet, but since this thread is still alive I am going to add my 2 cents. I have a high instep and weak join...

In GEAR » Inov 8 Shoes ... Just Another Cult ?
April 27, 9:29pm

Phantasm
Yes, Tommy, it is the Phantasm. Here was the original GT thread -- http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=37436&skip_to_post=317...

In GEAR » Best rain jacket for under $150?
April 22, 4:20am

+1 Paclite
Second on anything Paclite. I really haven't tried anything eVent so I am not trying to start up that debate, but I have been really impressed with the Paclite shells I have picked up. Sweaty...

In GEAR » Best rain jacket for under $150?
April 21, 7:37pm

Model number?
Always up for a Citizen Ti watch -- any idea what the model number of this one is? I can't seem to find a model like the pic you posted either on Citizen's website or the Interwebs. Thanks

In Gear Swap » Citizen EcoDrive Watch
March 29, 7:39pm

Depends
OK, I will be the first to say it - that depends on what you eat for 5-7 days. I would suggest (as others probably will) that you compile your menu and gather your food before figuring out what ba...

In GEAR » Food Bag Recommendations?
March 29, 7:33pm

Granite Gear XS
I use a Granite Gear XS AirVent bag with mine for the waterproof-ness and size. See my other posts through my profile for pics.

In GEAR » WM Megalite
March 29, 7:12pm

Yes
I picked up a Golite Pinyon Ridge Parka this winter to fill in my insulation layer need and I have to say that I have worn it almost everyday since - on the trail and around town. I used to mostly...

In GEAR » Around town insulation piece
March 24, 10:13am

Columbia grt
I've got some Columbia lightweight ones that I pretty much wear 4 season. They are 100% nylon shell with a 100% poly mesh lining for the inside pocket material. Cargo style so longer when the...

In GEAR » Convertible Pants suggestions
March 22, 4:01pm

Gotta have one
I think I am going to have to break down and get a Big Dig. Great to see another Northeast Ohioan around here. Buy local! Sending payment soon.

In Gear Deals » FS: Titanium Cathole Trowels are Back - Improved: 2 Sizes, "Original" 0.4 oz or "Big Dig" 0.6 oz
March 21, 5:00pm

Pics for you
I don't have a large enough bag inventory to be able to show you straight comparisons of the bags you have narrowed your selection to, but I can give you photos of my WM Megalite and how I pack...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag stuffed sizes...
March 19, 6:18am

All Reader Reviews by Mark Cashmere

Mark Cashmere has posted no reviews.