Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Sven Klingemann (svenklingemann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Sven Klingemann hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Sven Klingemann has not added a biography yet.
CityChicago
StateIL
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sven Klingemann

Showing 161 - 170 of 428 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: Backpacking Lattern...
Thanks Mike! I won't have a canister stove ... some other alternatives?

In GEAR » Backpacking lantern?
April 21, 9:39pm

Backpacking lantern?
Guys, do you know of any small, light lantern that could "replace" a cozy campfire when the latter is not permitted? Thanks, Sven

In GEAR » Backpacking lantern?
April 21, 9:03pm

Re: Alaska - Cat Morris
Hi Cat, I have been trying to get some ideas for a 5-6 day backpacking trip in Denali NP from May 3rd-May 9th. Any unit(s) that you can suggest? I am not sure whether the bus/shuttle runs early Ma...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag delima
April 21, 8:36pm

Backpack - when is light too light?
Hi guys - there are some awesome super light packs out there in the 6-10 oz range that can carry around 20lbs. Of course they are not as fully-featured (loader straps, wider cushioned belt etc) or...

In GEAR » Backpack - when is light too light?
April 21, 10:20am

Long sleeves during summer time?
Hey guys, what is your take on wearing short vs. long sleeves during summertime? Philosophical issue? Sun protection? Does it matter? Thanks! Sven

In GEAR » Long sleeves during summer time?
April 18, 12:38pm

Re: Re: eVENT fabric for sale - Ron
I deviate - any word on the Spinnaker fabric supply? :-( Sven

In Make Your Own Gear » eVENT fabric for sale
April 16, 1:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Timberland Shutting Down GoLite Footwear
Just get some Montrail Hardrocks/Vitesse ... they are awesome! :-) S.

In GEAR » Timberland Shutting Down Mion and GoLite Footwear
April 16, 10:59am

Re: Re: Timberland Shutting Down GoLite Footwear
Ben, based on my own experience with The Delerion model and the comments I have read on this forum with regards to othder models the overwhelming consensus was that despite pretty good "techn...

April 16, 8:59am

Re: Timberland Shutting Down Mion and GoLite Footwear
I am not going to shed a tear, that's for sure. With that crappy quality, no wonder.

April 16, 8:26am

Bear Canister help needed!!
Hi guys, a few questions I hope you can answer: (A)Do you guys put freeze-dried food in your bear canister? (Does it smell?) (B) What do you do with trash/used toilet paper? (I suppose you do not...

In GEAR » Bear Canister help needed!!
April 13, 9:52am

All Reader Reviews by Sven Klingemann

Showing 1 - 10 of 16 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Big Agnes Clearview
Just tested the Clearview (mummy style full length) on a three day trip to Michigan. Temperatures overnight were between high fourties to high fiftees. - Comfort: The pad was quite comfortable when i...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
August 22, 2:06pm

Nano Technology Micro Ceramic Water Filter
In my search for a light water filter I tried outNano Technology's Micro Ceramic Water Filter on a recent three day trip. - Pros: Light weight! Less than 3oz. Filters out particles down to 0.1ยต a...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
May 14, 9:36am

Six Moon Designs Refuge "X"
I have used the Refuge X on a three day trip to the UP in Michigan. Temperatures overnight were between 30-40F and there was no rain or significant wind. I received the tent at a weight of 15.8 oz, a...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
May 11, 8:07pm

Exped Downmat 7
OK - I need to boost that rating again! I have the 72inch Exped Downmat and it has not let me down yet! :-) It is a bit heavy, but if you are looking for a pad that is really comfortable, especially...

April 28, 8:50am

Backpacking Light FeatherLite Vapor Mitts
I have used the Mitts on several trips now in temperatures ranging from -10F to about 35F, with and without Possum Down liners and despite multiple attempts from my girlfriend to steal them from me (h...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
January 22, 3:06pm

BMW Cocoon Pro 60 Parka
I have been able to test the Pro Parka now for about one month. Sizing/Fit: I am 5'6 and 140lbs; the Parka (size XS)fits great with the exception of its length. one or two more inches would have...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
January 14, 12:01pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
The Caldera stove is truly wonderful. I have paired it with the Firelite 500 mug and it performs really well. Boiling times are much shorter compared to the MSR pocker rocket I have and if you know ho...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 05, 8:04am

Timberland Delerion Low Pro
I have used the Delerion Pros for about 9 months now. The are light, are good for stream crossing and look rather cool to me. On the downside, the footbox is very narrow and I have been having consist...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
November 02, 8:20am

Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo
Just got the Lunar Solo and have used it on a weekend trip at the Black River Falls in WI. I was a bit worried about (a) ease of setup based on other people's comments and (b)problems of condensat...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
June 11, 9:47am

POE AO-Lite Women's Petite
This is a great sleeping pad. 18.5oz, 3 seasons. Very comfortable and compact, no slipping around, especially due to the side rails. I am side-sleeper, so the extra hip support comes in handy. Certain...

June 04, 8:47pm