Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 161 - 170 of 375 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: What size CF tube to match alum tube strength?
Thanks guys. Daryl: thank you, I have already read about every thread regarding the externals you and another gentleman on here have come up with. I have gotten a lot of ideas, but it's ni...

In Make Your Own Gear » What size CF tube to match alum tube strength?
February 18, 7:43pm

Re: CF tube to match ALU
Thank you for the in depth response. I think I will just have to pick a place to start then go from there. I was just hoping there was an easy answer from someone who deals with CF on a regular b...

February 17, 7:22pm

What size CF tube to match alum tube strength?
Could not figure out a good way to word my search on the subject, so I came up empty handed. My question, for those that might know, how do I convert the diameter and wall thickness of an alumin...

February 17, 4:27pm

Re: CF external frame
Say what?! Lol, no, I'm well aware of those properties of CF.

In Multiple Use Gear » What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
February 17, 4:14pm

Wrong forum!
Ah heck! Just realized this is in the wrong forum! Well, if any moderators see this, I meant to put it in "make your own gear"

February 17, 4:13am

Re: How do you remove PU or Silicone type coatings from fabrics?
Not sure what coating is used in 70's era external frame jansport packs, but I just washed one in a front loader, and the lining was completely decimated! May have just been do to age?

In Make Your Own Gear » How do you remove PU or Silicone type coatings from fabrics?
February 17, 1:23am

Re: What Al, what CF
Dang. Ballpark? Anyone know what type of aluminum jansport and kelty use in there external frames? I suppose I could just order several sizes of tubing and make a judgement call, but that see...

February 17, 12:19am

What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
Could not figure out a good way to word my search on the subject, so I came up empty handed. My question, for those that might know, how do I convert the diameter and wall thickness of an alumin...

February 16, 9:16pm

Re: Women and men on the trail
Funny, I've never noticed any different reactions when I hike with my wife in the sierras, or anywhere else for that matter. Although she does keep me from going at a faster pace, but it don&#...

In Philosophy & Technique » Women and men on the trail
February 16, 8:40pm

ticks
In case no one has mentioned, watch out for ticks... My buddy is a magnet, we make him walk ahead of us to collect them, then I dig them out at camp ;) I've only been there once but it w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Henry W. Coe as a first solo trip
February 15, 3:56am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.