BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 161 - 170 of 472 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...48

Forum » Thread

NM
Thought I had one here, but it's at someone else's house.

In Gear Swap » WTD: Msr Titan Kettle or similar sized Pot that would fit a Titan Kettle caldera cone
May 10, 5:01pm

Shirts
PM sent on the shirts.

In Gear Swap » PIF: Women's Small shirts and size 8 running shoes
May 04, 4:51pm

I'll take the last one
PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS: Polycryo 84"x120"x 0.75mil Sheets
April 27, 11:57am

Why pay so much?
The only socks I ever wear hiking are thin liner socks. You can usually get these for no more than $6-$7 a pair. For instance, the Wigwam Gobi liners that I prefer are $7 a pair at REI and $6 or ...

In GEAR » Really thin socks
April 23, 3:11pm

Re: @Theron
Yes evolution chooses from among the alternatives it has available. But the point is that after millenia it has had an awful lot of variants to choose from. Nope, that's not true at all. New...

In GEAR » Why do we like flat shoes?
April 17, 1:54pm

@Theron
Ack! Where to begin? How about here: "It only produces the best solution possible within the range of variability that exists." - Isn't that the very definition of optimal? Unless con...

April 17, 12:11pm

Re: Why do we like flat shoes?
There are all kinds of advances and inventions that add efficiency to the way humans operate. The natural way isn't alwasy the most efficient, so that's a pretty weak argument. This comm...

April 17, 10:48am

re: stress fracture
I got a stress in my 4th metatarsal from running a few years ago. As for diagnosis, you can only know it's a stress fracture with an MRI or bone scan. They don't show up on conventional x...

In Chaff » stress fracture? input please, thanks.
April 13, 8:25am

Re: ID shelter
Andrew, I've also been looking for a 2-person Spinnshelter-type tarp. In my research, I've come across a few that might fit the bill. - GoLite Shangri-La 2 - Black Diamond Beta Light...

In GEAR » Integral Designs Element 2 Shelter
April 11, 11:55am

Re:Shangrila-2
I agree about the weight of the inner on the SL2. If I did go with that one (which I probably won't), I'd either get a custom inner made or see if I could jury rig a light inner made for a...

In GEAR » Looking for a 2-person shelter for the CDT
April 04, 11:48am

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm