BPL Community Profile

John Martin (snapyjohn) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific NW
About Me I have just seen the light.
CityKennewick
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Martin

Showing 161 - 170 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

De-long-a-fying A Therm-a-Rest
I successfully made a custom 48' Therm-a-rest Neoair It started it's life a a regular neoair I found at a REI garage sale for $27.73. Tag said used a few times won't hold air can'...

In Make Your Own Gear » De-long-a-fying A Therm-a-Rest
June 26, 8:25pm

Can you dig it.
I got two big digs to day one for me and the other for a fathers day gift. Nothing says I love you pop like a light weight doo shovel. It comes with instructions and everything. Seriously light tr...

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
May 21, 6:56pm

ULA Circuit XL
Never used XL torso and Xl hipbelt. $160 shipped lower 48.

In Gear Swap » ULA Circuit XL
May 18, 10:51pm

GG
I logged in an got mine

In Gear Deals » $35 off GG Gorilla
May 06, 12:03am

Gregory Z65 Backpack - $86
Steep and cheap Small size Gregory Z65 Backpack - 3600-4332cu in:

In Gear Deals » Gregory Z65 Backpack - $86
May 05, 9:20pm

Tents
I researched all the looking last year and came up with the Big Agnes Copper Spur 3. I have been to 6 REI garage sales have purchased a myriad of tents. I clean them properly and sell them on crai...

In GEAR » Please help recommend a double-wall, 2-3 person, freestanding tent.
April 14, 10:58pm

Layers
Look at 6pm.com for deals on Patagonia Capilene baselayers. You can get them for $20 for the 1 and 2. I really like them. The wool is softer but it is much more. A nano puff or down sweater is nice...

In GEAR » New to Backpacking need Clothing
April 14, 11:28am

Xl
I am a 24 1/2 inch torso. I purchased large and a week later I purchases an Xl. The fit on the Xl seemed ok. I have a large torso and short legs. They both work for me but I decided to keep the lar...

April 14, 11:09am

Daddy Daughter Thru Hikers
I am so impressed and a little envious. I also have two girls Allison five and Aimee 3. Alli has Aspergers a form of autism. I found that hiking is a great form of therapy for her. We hike together...

In Editor's Roundtable » Eleven Years Old on the PCT
April 14, 12:19am

CIRCUIT
BUMP

April 13, 10:47pm

All Reader Reviews by John Martin

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Agnes Copper Spur UL4
I have a Copper Spur UL3 and now a UL4. I thought the 4 would be a wider 3. It has some differences. There are a couple of differences. The vestibules there are two and they are big. The vestibules ha...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
April 21, 9:21pm

Exped Synmat 7 DLX
Exped has Amazing customer service and inovative products. My brother got a Synmat 7 DLX he got at REI. The pad had a defect. He called Kaj at Exped. Kaj asked him to take a picture and then cut off o...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 02, 9:57pm