BPL Community Profile

Steve Meier (smeier) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me I am in my late-40's and really got interested in backpacking about 10 years ago as a way to have some concentrated time with my boys, now all finishing up high school or in college. I try to get out a few times a year, including a bi-annual trip to Colorado for some of the big stuff. Otherwise I am stuck in the very boring midwest where everything exciting is a good day's drive away.
CityIndianapolis
StateIN
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListUL tarp-solo

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve Meier

Showing 161 - 170 of 258 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

PM sent
Got one that I'll let go. PM sent.

In Gear Swap » WTB: MontBell UL Down Hugger #5 40 Degree Bag
January 27, 6:21pm

+1 on the Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Day Pack
I went through this process a couple of years ago, trying to find a stuff sack with shoulder straps so I could use it for a FAK and PSK and actually take it with me when I wonder away from camp. T...

In GEAR » Stuffsack-with-straps as a daypack
January 26, 8:07am

suggestion
Joey, I just did a 57 mile loop from Clingman's Dome in last September. It's a great area. You'll need to get to the dome from the TN side due to the landslide that was mentioned earl...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Clingman's Dome Loop - 3 Days
January 24, 4:48pm

+ 1 on everyone's comments
Michael, I just want to echo everyone's sentiments that this is a great place to hang out, learn, and don't feel intimidated by the members that aren't striving to hit some number. I s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is there a decent non-lightweight forum?
January 21, 11:38am

2ookworks
Might want to check out the 2ookworks inner for the Trailstar. Very cool design although expensive. I used it with my TS before moving away from tarps and back to tents. Quality is top notch.

In GEAR » Inner net tent for TrailStar
January 18, 9:14am

It's loud
I stayed in a shelter with someone sleeping on the XTherm and it is really loud and annoying. I didn't know it was the pad at the time and I thought it was the rumbling of thunder and an incom...

In GEAR » XTherm does the noise lessen later?
January 18, 9:12am

shirts
Sorry Tim, I found out that my wife gave them to Goodwill last year. My bad...

In Gear Swap » Donate Some Gear?
January 16, 10:12am

Perfect to make yourself
Seth, I encourage you to make the tulle bug sock yourself if so inclined. Of all of my gear that I think might be overpriced, the tulle bug sock tops the list. It doesn't take much labor to m...

In Hammocks » Hammock Setup
January 10, 9:27am

Head lamp with lantern attachment
I've gone from head lamp to the just the photon back to head lamp with a lantern attachment. It wasn't a durability issue as much as the safety of having the brighter light and the conveni...

In GEAR » Where does durability win over light weight?
January 10, 9:18am

Nano 7 Hammock
Good thread. I just got the Exped Syn 7 L/W pad that is sooo comfortable but I'd have to say my Nano 7 hammock with tulle bug sock and reconfigured suspension with whoopie slings. For about 1...

In GEAR » What's Your Favorite Piece of Gear?
January 10, 9:11am

All Reader Reviews by Steve Meier

Steve Meier has posted no reviews.