Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joe Kuster (slacklinejoe) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Flatirons
About Me I'm the president of Slackline Express. We make slacklines (think of it as a backyard tight rope) but also manage an outsourced sewing shop for lightweight backpacking gear designers. We do industrial sewing, cutting, and assembly here in Colorado.
CityLongmont
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.slacklineexpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Kuster

Showing 161 - 170 of 361 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...37

Forum » Thread

Simple & Nutritious Dehydrated Meals
When on the topic of backpacking food preparation, GramCracker is also a product - a solid fuel stove to be more precise. It's considered one of the lightest adjustable burn rate stoves for esb...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Simple & Nutritious Dehydrated Meals
February 16, 11:36am

Ray Jardine Quilt Kit - Not enough for Big Guys
I had the same problem, luckily I had some extra material to use. Unfortunately, don't expect a reply back. As well as the instructions are laid out, they kind of leave the kit "as-is"...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ray Jardine Quilt Kit - Not enough for Big Guys
February 15, 11:24pm

Simple & Nutritious Dehydrated Meals
Look at getting the Freezer Bag Cooking cookbook. Tons of ideas there and they are all on the easy side of simple to make. If you don't want to do the freezer bag, all of them work as single po...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Simple & Nutritious Dehydrated Meals
February 15, 10:49pm

Recommended Food List in 1921
In this situation, wouldn't it be likely that they would have a pack animal carrying the load anyway? It sounds like a lot of food at first, but considering the weight of the containers, co...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Recommended Food List in 1921
February 14, 6:22pm

spectra cord strength
Define "high winds".... It'll work for a tarp that you set up in a well protected area even when windy. High winds to me mean 60-90mph gusts on a exposed ridge - very little hold...

In GEAR » spectra cord strength
February 10, 11:20am

RMNP 2/14 - Snowshoeing or Day Hike
Anyone up for some snowshoeing or if weather permits normal hikes in Rocky Mountain National Park? I've got a annual pass. I went last week and the weather was great for normal hikes on mos...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » RMNP 2/14 - Snowshoeing or Day Hike
February 09, 5:38pm

The Tarp as a 4 Season Shelter
I've used the GG TwinnSpinn several times where we dug out snow to have more room. From experience, I'd recommend a bivy sack if that's the route you go. Finding the right location in s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Tarp as a 4 Season Shelter
February 08, 5:55pm

How to compare two hikes
As an addendum to the above, I'm not sure that it qualifies for the "work" formula. It'd be true if we were pushing said hiker up the trail, but I'm not sure what formula woul...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to compare two hikes
February 08, 4:47pm

How to compare two hikes
"So if this was a 50 mile hike, then we divide 25,000 by 100 miles, and we get a difficulty rating of 250 Cal/mile." Ryan, Wouldn't you be dividing by 50 miles in your example t...

February 08, 4:31pm

How to compare two hikes
When I was trip planner / advisor for an adventure group I used the following methods (I also found much of the method useful to determine which direction to hike on loop hikes): Load the trail ...

February 07, 10:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Joe Kuster

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Garmin Oregon 400T
Note: This review reflects using Beta Firmware v. 2.86 released Feb 4, 2009. My wife bought me the 400T as a birthday present. Now that I've had time to use it in the field tramping around Roc...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 14, 2:55pm

PossumDown Glove Liner Gloves
I tried my best to like these gloves but even treated with the utmost caution my pair only lasted 1 trip before starting to show significant wear. By the end of the second trip, I had holes in both g...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 29, 1:08am

GlobalStar SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker
I have to wonder if some of the units out there are possibly defective judging from other reviews. I've had mine since they first came out and I have apparently had a radically different exper...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 17, 10:23pm

Mountain House Beef Stew
Actually, it just goes to show different tastes for different folks. After a heavy exertion day the Mountain House stew is usually one of my favorites. I have only noticed it being a bit salty wheneve...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
January 24, 10:13am

FlexAir Pillow Dual Compartment Ultralight
I've used one on six trips so far. It is definately a discussion piece and it's incredibly light weight. It took a little trial and error with it to find my comfort range, which is about half ...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 07, 1:05pm

MiniBull Designs Atomic (with stand)
This is one of the first commercial alcohol stoves I've worked with. It does exactly what it says it should and it does work fairly well. It does have a higher capacity for longer burn time, it do...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 22, 9:08am

Evernew Nonstick Titanium 0.9 L Pot
It's non-stick titanium, how cool is that. The reality is that it does live up to most of the hype and it is a solid performer. It has a wide base and is very efficent. It is about the perfect volume ...

In Cookware - Titanium
November 22, 8:43am

Marmot Atom
At 16oz this is an excellent option for warm weather 3 season backpacking. The compressibility of this bag is phenomonal. It is unusual to find a summer oriented bag with a full hood & draft collar, m...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 22, 8:36am

Marmot Atom Mens Regular 40 Degree
Please Delete, put in wrong category

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 22, 8:33am

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
As always, it depends on your need. If you find other stoves finicky and would like a complete cooking system that just "works", it's possible you'll like the JB. For trips where ...

In Stoves - Canister
October 04, 8:21pm