November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hendrik Morkel (skullmonkey) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Finland
About Me Wilderness Guide, environmentalist, entrepreneur.
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hendrik Morkel

Showing 161 - 170 of 396 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...40

Forum » Thread

Copy & Paste
Looks like a more square copy & paste version of a Caldera Cone. Knowing that the Caldera Cone itself (or Ti-Tri for that matter) ain't perfect for burning wood (hence they made the Inferno...

In GEAR » New Vargo Hexagon Wood Stove...Opinions?
March 10, 8:12am

$150+ is very cheap. If you're able to offer them at that price, I am certain you'll get a few orders in.

In GEAR » Solo Cuben Fiber Tarp
March 10, 2:09am

James, have you considered gear from cottages? I am thinking about the ULA Conduit, for example, and also a Gossamer Gear Murmur or a MLD Burn could suit your needs. All three excellent packs, and ...

In GEAR » Osprey or Golite
March 10, 2:05am

I don't think that production will move to Europe. If it moves, then more likely to Asia. Otherwise I hope that both continue to make the top-notch kit they have made thus far.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Rab acquires Integral Designs
March 04, 11:46am

+1 for the Articles. For me they are worth the 25$. Plus I know who I am supporting with my money, and I find that nice.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why Should a Person Become a Member of BPL?
March 04, 9:28am

George Andrews of AntiGravityGear is answering my questions today, and tells what we can expect besides pot cozies from them in the future =)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cottage manufacturers - interviewed
March 03, 5:28am

Re: Re: MYOG
Great to hear, Craig! Here are some photos of my MYOG tarp pitched in the snow, I really enjoyed the process of making it, and will sit down this week to sew a VBL liner bag for a trip this weekend...

In GEAR » New to Tarping- Advice needed!
March 03, 3:52am

Vraig, check Bradfords link, that would be my choice if living in the US - its dirt cheap and you can choose your own colour. For a sewing machine I'd check a second hand store or ask relatives...

March 02, 4:08am

I have a Suntrica SolarStrap and they just came out with a SolarStrap specifically for the iPhone/ iPod. I'm happy with it, its light at 68 g (iirc) and works fine on the trail. You also can us...

In GEAR » Solar charging electronics?
March 01, 1:49am

Silnylon and cheap for the start
If you're new to using a tarp, you should get yourself first a cheap silnylon one - why not make one yourself and learn something on the way? That way you can see if a tarp (and a bivy) would b...

March 01, 1:40am

All Reader Reviews by Hendrik Morkel

Hendrik Morkel has posted no reviews.