November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 161 - 170 of 1195 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...120

Forum » Thread

Zebralight Shipping...
I think you've been lucky Dan (to get an out of stock item so quickly from Zebralight). Probably just hit it right. Zebralight ships your parcel for free if it's over $50 and if you are...

In GEAR » Headlamp recommendations
March 02, 12:08am

Headlamp recommendations
>> but am not appreciating the difference between the H52 floods and the H502 floods << The H502's have a wider flood beam (120 degree spread). The H52 flood models have 90 degr...

February 28, 10:28am

What is your two item first aid kit?
I consider this idea (only two items) to fall into the "stupid light" category. I think the only thing that separates the light weight FAK risk takers from the robust FAK carriers is one...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What is your two item first aid kit?
February 28, 1:45am

Headlamp recommendations
>> an emergency charger for my phone with this $6 doodad: Miller ML-102 Universal USB Smart Charger (32g)

February 27, 10:43am

Solid vs Semi-solid vs mesh interior
I can extend the use of a light weight down bag into cooler temperatures with a semi-solid inner tent but I'm only gaining a few degrees of warmth. In my case it makes sense because I don'...

In GEAR » Solid vs Semi-solid vs mesh interior
February 26, 12:19am

Notch vs Lunar Solo
I have the Notch and have also had the old Lunar Solo (can't comment on the improved version) however the things that I didn't like about the Lunar Solo would still be a problem for me with...

In GEAR » Notch vs Lunar Duo
February 20, 1:29am

inReach Service Plans...
That's interesting, I didn't realize that InReach USA only offered yearly plans (until now). InReach Canada doesn't have yearly plans, only month to month. In fact, InReach Canada a...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
February 13, 9:55pm

Bad Elf Pro GPS?
>> My understanding is that the bad elf will be able to get GPS readings in places where the iphone would not...<< I don't have any experience with the Bad Elf device however, a ...

In GEAR » Bad Elf Pro GPS?
February 13, 4:17pm

Gear List ...
>> This is the visual gear list I used in 1970. >> That one really made me laugh!! In the early 70's, my gear list looked exactly the same. I used to carry it with me so that ...

In GEAR » Gear List Project: FEEDBACK Appeciated!
February 12, 12:22am

Montbell bag stretchiness
I have the SS #3 and won't go back to a non-stretch bag. It's stretchy enough that I can sit up cross-legged in mine without any problem. The only downside to the stretchiness is that whe...

In GEAR » Montbell bag stretchiness
February 12, 12:08am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm