BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 161 - 170 of 1110 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...111

Forum » Thread

Your little known ideas for a custom pack?
I'm not a fan of waist belt pockets or add-on pockets. I customized two of my packs by adding a zippered pocket "inside" the front mesh pocket. They have worked out really well and ...

In GEAR » Your little known ideas for a custom pack?
September 25, 6:22pm

Understanding Soreness and Pain
I'd keep using the poles, they may help you avoid a serious injury that will be a problem as you age. I think you are asking the right question but it's a balancing act for sure... pick ...

In GEAR » Understanding Soreness and Pain
September 23, 3:37pm

My GPS screen is cloudy
I've also read that Brasso will work but I've never tried it. If it were me, I'd try adding an Invisible Shield screen protector... I know sounds crazy as the damage is already don...

In GEAR » My GPS screen is cloudy
September 21, 10:02pm

InreachSE
So far I've been very pleased with the inReach SE and I have experienced very similar results with tracking that Rex described. I was backpacking in bit of a canyon area so I purposely brough...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
September 20, 2:44am

Capacity....
If output is kept the same (as in running the light at the same output with a 14500 vs NiMH ), then I think you will find that the 14500 will have a greater capacity. You want to look at Watt-hour...

In GEAR » Zebralight H51 / H31 discontinued
September 18, 7:54pm

H52w AA Headlamp...
>> and with a 14500 battery is pushes 460lu for up to a minute and then reverts to 266 (probably heat limited).<< Dan - I'm not sure where you got your numbers from? With the ...

September 18, 12:28am

Zebralight H51 / H31 discontinued
I thought I'd post this as a followup to my previous post... I have been waiting for Zebralight to announce a headlamp version of my SC52 AA flashlight. It's the brightest AA flashlight on...

September 17, 7:22pm

The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
>> A large steamer trunk full of heavy camera gear, carried between two guys. << That sounds very familiar! I was on a week long canoe trip that involved some substantial portages...

In GEAR » The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
September 12, 1:03pm

Show me your nested cook sets...
I don't mind threads that re-cap old discussions. Just face it, there is nothing really new discussed in these forums anyway, just updates to old news. Anyway, the value is that some of us ...

In GEAR » Show me your nested cook sets!
September 08, 6:37pm

mp3 player...
>> The coby looks good but the specs on its batterie life are not so good. However you guys are saying itmay run for around 24 hours, while on amazon it reports only like 8-10 hours. How is a...

In GEAR » whats the best trail mp3 player?
September 05, 12:34am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm