BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 161 - 170 of 1094 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...110

Forum » Thread

Which GPS?
Here's a few things that might help the OP make his decision on which GPS to choose. Go to Garmin.com and use the "compare" selections option to see the specs on the various GPS un...

In GEAR » Which GPS?
August 03, 1:28am

Which GPS?
As Bob said, it depends what you will use it for. I would recommend a Garmin if signal lock is important to you. The touch screen series like the 450T are not the best backpacking GPS's IMO...

In GEAR » Which GPS?
August 02, 1:25am

Help Fit This Pack!
Assuming that the torso length isn't too long, I'll make a comment that seems to stir up a lot of negative comments from those that like to "make a frame" with their foam pads. ...

In GEAR » Help Fit This Pack!
July 30, 8:31pm

What are the most useful inexpensive items you carry?"
Vaseline soaked cotton balls. They burn great and I'm always surprised by how many backpackers haven't seen them used before.

In GEAR » What are the most useful inexpensive items you carry?
July 27, 4:36pm

inReach web map...
Shortly after Jonathan posted his note, I tried my web map page to see how it was doing and none of the web map services would draw (just a blank frame came up). I suspect that Delorme has bee...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
July 19, 12:48am

pack mounting...
I have added zip pockets to two of my frameless packs (MLD Burn and Newt) and the inReach fits nicely in the pocket with the antennae pointing skyward. This has worked very well. I also tried u...

July 16, 1:03am

Lightest stuff sacks?
>> Ziplocks for your ditty bag, FAK, etc << That depends on how badly you want to keep things dry. I use Ziplocks for some things but after seeing what "falling in" did to...

In GEAR » Lightest stuff sacks?
July 15, 4:59pm

Survey of pack weights?
As a long time fisherman, I have always had some kind of fish weighing scale that I can toss into the trunk of my car if I'm backpacking with a group of friends (in the old days it was a spring...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Survey of pack weights?
July 15, 12:33am

inReach SE...
>> So if you are trying to do a two-way interaction expect 10-20 minutes between cycles... << I'm not sure if I understand what you are referring to here but you can set the &quo...

July 14, 9:32pm

inReach SE
>> It says ~100 hours on one set of batteries << Unfortunately, the batteries are built in so you have to charge them (you can't replace them). It charges via USB so a small ba...

July 14, 7:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm