BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 161 - 170 of 266 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

hammock
If you backpack in wooded areas a side zip hammock may very well be the way to go for you. Since entry into a hammock depends on the height you hang the hammock, you can hang the hammock such t...

In GEAR » light tent for 63 year old female backpacker
September 17, 1:12pm

Re: Wrought Iron Loveseat, and a HUGE beefsteak
> On the way to John's Brook Lodge in the Adirondacks, we encountered a young man carrying an enormous beefsteak (enough to feed 20-25 people) in a plastic milk crate strapped to his load-ha...

In GEAR » The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
September 15, 6:52pm

Patagonia Fitz Roy
I have the Patagonia Fitz Roy as my cold weather/alpine belay jacket. It is ridiculously warm. It is built with box-baffles like winter sleeping bags. The hood seals the deal, since there is nothin...

In GEAR » Warm downjacket for the "waiting time" (photographer)
September 13, 3:46pm

3-season SV hoody?
Do you guys use your SV Hoodies for 3-season use? I have one and while I like it a lot, it only comes out to play in late fall and when winter is in full swing.

In GEAR » synthetic post...3 items questioned
September 10, 11:37pm

Re: synthetic post...3 items questioned
#1: REI Revelcloud Vest. Not really any better (or worse) than any other Primaloft synthetic vest on the market, but it does come cheaply: REI frequently marks these down to $70 or $50 depending on...

In GEAR » synthetic post...3 items questioned
September 10, 3:43pm

Atom LT pants
I have the Arcteryx Atom LT Pants, which, as you mentioned, is on the expensive side. I think they are well and truly worth it especially if you can get them at a discount but even then they are pr...

In GEAR » Lightweight Synthetic Insulated Pants?
September 05, 5:01pm

Re: Mtn Hardwear Plasmic - Dry.Q EVAP
Dry.Q Elite is 3L eVent. Dry.Q Evap is 2.5L eVent DVL. The rest are MHW's own house-brand of PU. Dry.Q Core and Stretch are certainly PU, and I have no idea what Dry.Q Active is. I wish m...

In GEAR » Mtn Hardwear Plasmic - Dry.Q EVAP
September 03, 3:07pm

for the masochists
In my experience, bivvying in any temperature above 50º is for masochists and others who thrive on suffering. Even bivvying sub-freezing is not a thrilling experience, but at least doable. I have...

In GEAR » How much does a bivy augment a sleeping bag?
September 03, 2:42pm

Kimtah's price
The Kimtah has always been $239, at least as of Spring 2011. I bought the Kimtah pants when they were initially released, last year, and they were $189.

In GEAR » REI 2014 Gear ... new tents, packs, etc.
August 30, 1:44pm

Re: Windshirt sizing
I was in the same issue as you. Luckily I found my 2012 Houdini, but now that I've gotten used to the fit of the trimmer fitting 2013 Houdini the older one has become my backup. The only thi...

In GEAR » Windshirt sizing
August 28, 9:49am

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.