BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 161 - 170 of 272 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Re: Abuse
> I definitely don't think it's designed to be abused, nor do I think that's ok. > I definitely DO think it's designed to handle the inevitable abuse that does occur. Ye...

In GEAR » NPR Reports: REI vs L.L. Bean Return Policy
September 25, 11:10am

Re: Oh, I'll judge you if I so choose, Brother...
> The deal that is made when one buys an item from a store like REI or LL Bean is that you will pay the agreed price and can return it if you find it somehow unsatisfactory. Returning a shoe if ...

September 25, 10:43am

Re: Medical bills
> Perhaps that guy with the shopping cart was desperate to cover his wife's medical bill. While it is ethically uncomfortable to consider a situation like this, it is important to note t...

September 25, 10:36am

Re: Morality Among Backpackers
> Who knows. It's at least convenient that when something really fails due to manufacturer defect, some companies honor the manufacturers they represent with a warranty replacement. That'...

September 25, 10:27am

Big difference
In my opinion there is a big difference between REI and LL Bean, and not just in the return policy. For one, a very high percentage of LL Bean's stuff is their own or branded their own, thu...

September 25, 9:31am

Re: pods
Temperature rating... Many sleeping bags are rated extremely optimistically, with the degree rating following the name of the bag usually around the EN lower limit rating. For comfort I would add 1...

In GEAR » sleeping bag question
September 20, 12:59am

hammock
If you backpack in wooded areas a side zip hammock may very well be the way to go for you. Since entry into a hammock depends on the height you hang the hammock, you can hang the hammock such t...

In GEAR » light tent for 63 year old female backpacker
September 17, 1:12pm

Re: Wrought Iron Loveseat, and a HUGE beefsteak
> On the way to John's Brook Lodge in the Adirondacks, we encountered a young man carrying an enormous beefsteak (enough to feed 20-25 people) in a plastic milk crate strapped to his load-ha...

In GEAR » The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
September 15, 6:52pm

Patagonia Fitz Roy
I have the Patagonia Fitz Roy as my cold weather/alpine belay jacket. It is ridiculously warm. It is built with box-baffles like winter sleeping bags. The hood seals the deal, since there is nothin...

In GEAR » Warm downjacket for the "waiting time" (photographer)
September 13, 3:46pm

3-season SV hoody?
Do you guys use your SV Hoodies for 3-season use? I have one and while I like it a lot, it only comes out to play in late fall and when winter is in full swing.

In GEAR » synthetic post...3 items questioned
September 10, 11:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.