BPL Community Profile

Steofan The Apostate (simaulius) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bohemian Alps
About Me Running in the hills north of Lincoln NE, where, in the words of Ted Koosier, the glaciers kicked the mud and rocks off of their galoshes before stomping back to Canada.
Running 3-6 miles every day. Counting down to Colorado trip in June, YNP in July. Walking out to short overnights, driving out when I get the rare two days-off in a row.
StateNebraska

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steofan The Apostate

Showing 161 - 170 of 314 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...32

Forum » Thread

Table Top Gear
"What could posiibly go wrong?" Sit down for a friendly card game and you might find out.

In Chaff » Table Top Gear
August 22, 10:46pm

Marmot on a rock
The reason why I've been packing a 7.0 oz Panasonic DMC-TZ4

In Photography » Marmot on a rock
August 22, 10:33pm

46 miles NE of Bozeman...
Crazy Mountains are very nice, can be a bit of a playground Fri-Sun though. Reconsider Specimen Ridge or The Thunderer in YNP. You will not see anybody after the first mile or so, but hey... it...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bozeman, Montana
August 17, 10:36am

Side trips to West Yellowstone, YNP, Red Lodge
Eat a meal at Kiwi's, pick up a pair of bison wool gloves at the Yellowstone Trader as a birthday gift to yourself while in West Yellowstone. A nice 1/2 day hike in YNP is on the Howard Eaton...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bozeman, Montana
August 17, 8:47am

How about
"Dyneema FSO Guywire", as in Fresh Squeezed Orange. This way you can just call Lawson and order a 50 foot hank of FSO Guy. You don't get a chance to say that too often, do you now?

In Gear Deals » Rename the Dyneema Cord Contest
August 12, 12:08pm

Leave the pad at home?
Never. Used to use an older model z-rest which folded up into a rectangle but got tired of trying to find a spot for it on the outside of my ULA CDT pack. Went with a Neo Air which rolls up about...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Necessity of Sleeping Pads?
August 10, 9:46am

Far worse when they band together
This pair chased me for at least 100 yards. Creepy!!

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping with your food in the Wind River Range
August 09, 11:53pm

Backpacking Etiquette
RULE #10 Do not get killed. The worst thing to have on your outdoor resume is the list of the possible locations of your body. I LOVE IT!

In Philosophy & Technique » Links for newbs? Backpacking Etiquette
August 04, 9:55pm

Easy to fix, but it may take a few months
Darryl, you will need to get involved. Patrol campimg is well within the boundries of BSA and one of its basic tenets. One patrol usually has an overabundance of boys who can push the boundries. ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » 50 miler gone bad
August 04, 9:16am

Instead of a GPS
Amazing! Chris, Thanks for posting this.

In GEAR » Instead of a GPS, the "BRIS sextant" weighs 15grams/0.5oz
August 04, 7:34am

All Reader Reviews by Steofan The Apostate

Steofan The Apostate has posted no reviews.