BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 161 - 170 of 1217 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...122

Forum » Thread

Re: Trail running rain wear
I have some experience using a "wrap" approach. Last spring I headed out to hike a section of the PCT from Big Bear to Swarthout Canyon Road. I got some snow and rain on several of those ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Trail running rain wear
April 08, 5:48pm

Re: Re: Re: The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
Cesar, the terrible secret of long distance hiking is that it doesn't make it feel like you've gotten "enough." If anything, it makes you want even more. Some friends of mine are ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
April 08, 5:41pm

Re: Salt!
Another question for you. I'm really considering ordering some kidney fat and beef and going for it. Have you found that your pemmican is shelf-stable? I won't really NEED the pemmican unti...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The Process of Producing Pemmican
April 08, 12:45pm

Re: Ticks
Ticks must be different back east because out west they appear to be really clumsy and unable to grip slippery fabrics very well. They'd much prefer to climb up a piece of grass and wait for a ...

In GEAR » ticks in your gear while you're in the bug bivy?
April 05, 9:48am

Re: Re: Whiteledge, Hurricane Deck, Lost Valley Trail with paleo food
I've tried both the manna and the butter. Both are delicious. Next time I'm trying Rousong in my curry which is dried pork the consistency of cotton candy. It's a Chinese food. The p...

In Post-Trip Reports » Whiteledge, Hurricane Deck, Lost Valley Trail with paleo food
April 04, 5:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting ticketed for stealth camping
There was an interesting topic on whiteblaze a while back: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?77139-Stealth-Camping-experiences

In Philosophy & Technique » Getting ticketed for stealth camping
April 04, 1:35pm

Re: Parcho
Yes, good job! I have two of these kits. I've been really afraid of cutting into them. I don't care about multi-use anymore when it comes to the rain gear. I just want decent rain gear that...

In Make Your Own Gear » Parcho - pattern includes seam allowance?
April 04, 1:30pm

Re: good info
Glad it's helpful. I used mosquito netting instead of noseeum netting. It was about $3 a piece and I think it took me 3 pieces to make this little one-person tent. Plus some tulle fabric from t...

In Make Your Own Gear » minimalist net tent
April 04, 1:15pm

Re: The Process of Producing Pemmican
You make this look so easy. Did you put salt in your pemmican? I bought pemmican and it contains salt and I think that is what helps it taste less bland. So if I make it I will put salt in it. I...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The Process of Producing Pemmican
April 04, 12:48pm

Re: do it to it, bilgy
You want dual use? I've got your dual use right here: Polycro ground sheet and z-rest as make-shift warm outer-wear.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ponchos vs rain clothes
April 04, 12:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.