Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 161 - 170 of 1535 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...154

Forum » Thread

Re: Fat Fanny
My packs don't have lids anymore. I kind of miss them. My Osprey's lid had a zipper I could reach while I was walking. Nowadays I try to hang all these pouches and pockets from the hip belt...

In Multiple Use Gear » Pack Lids as fanny packs
May 07, 7:09pm

Re: Re: Suggest a lightweight shoe for heavy loads and Wet+ technical terrain? Raptors, Salomon X Ultra ?
I have Altra Lone Peaks. The fit of my New Balance is much better. Believe it or not, they are much wider in the toe box. I have not found Lone Peaks to be wide enough in the toe box. I will probab...

In GEAR » Suggest a lightweight shoe for heavy loads and lots of Water+ technical terrain? Raptors, Salomon X Ultra ?
May 06, 8:03am

Re: Neat conversion
I don't know the weight. Whatever it is, it is less than pants or capris because it's shorter than the original. I don't think a skirt should be all that light unless it's longer, o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Hiking skirt from pants
May 04, 8:43pm

Re: Re: How do you find out what lasts your new balance shoes use?
Thank you for finding that. What a bummer that only that shoe and another one just like it uses that last. It's the best-fitting shoe I've ever had.

In GEAR » How do you find out what lasts your new balance shoes use?
May 04, 8:29pm

Re: Knapsack Col
If you can stand my terrible layout, I have some pictures with captions. If you click on any individual picture you can see bigger ones and go next, next, next through them. http://santabarbarah...

In GEAR » Suggest a lightweight shoe for heavy loads and lots of Water+ technical terrain? Raptors, Salomon X Ultra ?
May 04, 3:13pm

How do you find out what lasts your new balance shoes use?
I have some old NB Minimus 730. I want to find out what last they use and see if I can find some trail runners that use the same last. While I enjoy hiking in these shoes, I have had thorns go righ...

In GEAR » How do you find out what lasts your new balance shoes use?
May 04, 3:10pm

Re: Is it possible to paint or dye my nylon sun hat?
Is it one of those broad sun hats like Sunday Afternoon makes? I've noticed that some men can really pull that hat off well and others not so much. It's sort of an odd hat. I don't thin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Is it possible to paint or dye my nylon sun hat?
May 04, 9:27am

Re: Pat, Rovers and Salomon Ultras
I hiked the Winds from Big Sandy to Green Lake with some CDT hiker friends who were thru-hiking at the time. I brought my leather Keen hiking shoes thinking maybe this trail would be too rugged for...

May 04, 9:05am

Re: Re: Re: Is it possible to paint or dye my nylon sun hat?
Wrap a snake skin around it. Stick some fishing lures in it.

In Make Your Own Gear » Is it possible to paint or dye my nylon sun hat?
May 03, 5:58pm

Hiking skirt from pants
I'm not a very good seamstress but here's my attempt at a hiking shirt made from a pair of pants. These were Ex-Officio capris that I found at the thrift store. Like all ladies hiking "...

In Make Your Own Gear » Hiking skirt from pants
May 01, 8:00am

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.