Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Sarah Kirkconnell (sarbar) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
About Me Love to hike, backpack, snowshoe, cook and 4 wheel. If it is outdoors, I am happy! Love hiking most, preferably with a light pack and a sunny alpine meadow ahead of me.
My husband and I run www.freezerbagcooking.com / www.trailcooking.com and our frequently updated blog at www.blog.trailcooking.com as well as my personal blog www.gazingin.com
We are the authors of 3 outdoor cookbooks and the people behind FBC.
CityKing County
StateWA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.trailcooking.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 161 - 170 of 4455 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...446

Forum » Thread

Re: Large Size Parmesan Paketsand/or Parmesan Resupply "Handling"
It is funny/sad to me, that in some recipes the green can cheese actually works better than the real fancy stuff. I buy both - but sometimes the green can stuff just mixes in better than freshly gr...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Large Size Parmesan Paketsand/or Parmesan Resupply "Handling"
April 18, 9:07am

Re: That's "100% Grated", not ...
Lol...the cellulose (yummy trees ya know!) keeps it from turning rock hard. It is all the rage and hey keeps you pooping from that handy fiber ;-) Anyhow, is it gourmet? Buying Kraft green can i...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Large Size Parmesan Paketsand/or Parmesan Resupply "Handling"
April 17, 6:54pm

Re: Re: Large Size Parmesan Paketsand/or Parmesan Resupply "Handling"
OK, here is my take on the old green can cheese. yes, it says to refrigerate it - after opening. Anyone who is around 40 or older remembers when it wasn't. This isn't advice but I carry it ...

April 17, 2:27pm

Re: Frickin Drunk Drivers!!!
Oh man :-( That just sucks. Bitch away!! I have often thought this: If you want to kill people, do it with a car. The chance of jail time is very low. Sadly very true. I am glad you are ali...

In Chaff » Frickin Drunk Drivers!!!
April 16, 12:35pm

Re: dried fish
Having worked for an Asian food importer for a few years...I think EVERY dried fish from Asia reeks. They love a strong smell in foods. Not to say it isn't tasty. The best fish sauce nearly ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » seafood chowder
April 14, 8:25pm

Re: Re: Ball Jars jam
Jerry, see this: http://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-T03-0023-01-Wide-Mouth-Jar-Sealer/dp/B00005TN7H/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1397488373&sr=8-7&keywords=food+vac It uses regular lids btw!...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrating vegetables
April 14, 9:15am

Re: Dehydrating vegetables
135* is a pretty standard temp setting for fruits, veggies, pasta, beans and rice. You only want higher temps when drying meat, as you want it dry fast. As for storage? I dry mine bone dry, and ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrating vegetables
April 13, 9:54pm

Re: Costco Freeze dried fruit/veggies
:-D I am good at ferreting out the FAQ sections :-D

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Costco Freeze dried fruit/veggies
April 13, 1:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Costco Freeze dried fruit/veggies
From Thrive's website: We are proud to say that a majority of THRIVE foods originate in the US, though we also source foods from other countries depending on season, availability, and other fa...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Costco Freeze dried fruit/veggies
April 13, 1:38pm

Re: seafood chowder
If worried about calories, add in a good shot of olive oil or 1-2 Tbsp butter - and lots of Parmesan. Yum!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » seafood chowder
April 11, 5:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 1 - 10 of 26 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Maruchan Ramen
I use the noodles as a base. If you use them as "instant pasta" you will have fast and easy meals. I take the ramen block and 1/4 cup of freeze dried vegetables, then cover with boiling wate...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
September 08, 8:56am

Guyot Designs Firefly
I picked up a Firefly a couple weeks ago on a whim. I figured it would be a fun toy, and maybe make the one Lexan bottle I carry a bit more multi purpose. I tried it out recently. (it was used on a s...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
March 18, 10:16pm

Luna Bars Sunrise
As noted, I am not a fan normally of "energy bars". But, Sunrise Luna Bars are very, very good! Aimed at women, and designed for breakfast, they are good anytime of the day. They are ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
March 10, 11:25pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
Recently I was sent an entire box of Larabars from the company, with every flavor in it. It had in it all the JOCALAT bars also. I love Larabars already, and the JOCALAT ones? Even more. The coffee fl...

March 07, 4:59pm

Garmin Foretrex 201
My husband bought me one for this years Christmas. I wondered how much I would like or hate it. After having around a month to play with it, I can say I love it! It took me awhile to figure out...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
January 20, 9:02am

Laura's Wholesome Junk Food All Flavors
I found http://www.lauraswholesomejunkfood.com/ at a local organic grocery in my town, and fell in love with them. They come in 7 ounce tubs, with a long shelf life. They can be easily repackaged ...

January 09, 10:46pm

Fantastic Foods Instant Black and Brown Beans
I have been using FF's instant beans for at least 10 years now. A box stretches out and makes a couple meals on the trail. For use in burritos, bean dips and soups/chowders they are great. The ...

January 07, 10:10pm

Just Tomatoes Just Veggies
You can find the Just Tomato line at most REI's, in natural food stores and online, thru their website, www.justtomatoes.com. My favorite product by them is their Just Veggies blend. It comes i...

January 07, 10:04pm

Kelty Illusion, Women's
I bought my Illusion when it came out, in 2004. For the most part, it is my winter and hauler pack when I need space. The pack is 3500 ci, and weighs in at the advertised weight of 3 lbs 6 ounces....

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
January 07, 9:00pm

Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
MSR's customer service, along with their parent company, Cascade Designs, has fantastic customer service. They warrantied a Sweetwater filter that started blowing water out of the side (the one th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 13, 10:42pm