BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 161 - 170 of 1433 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...144

Forum » Thread

Re: Best choice among the UL hooded down jackets?
Derek, Where are you located in the PNW? Send me a PM.

In GEAR » Best choice among the UL down jackets?
December 12, 9:59pm

Re: 2014 AT SOBO gear list
The only thing that jumps out to me is the Conduit Bivy. I don't know where you are starting/stopping along the AT but I'd think a bivy would be high-condensation prone in June and July any...

In Gear Lists » 2014 SOBO gear list
December 12, 12:13pm

Re: Cap 4
Another +1 for the Cap4. I like it over a s/s merino t-shirt, too.

In GEAR » R1 or Cap 4?
December 11, 12:24pm

Re: christmas gifts for my 5yo
What about a bunch of National Geographic National Park topo maps? This could lead to a lot of discussions about what all the symbols mean, where these parks are in the United States, how they a...

In Gear Swap » WTB christmas gifts for my 5yo
December 09, 9:02pm

lightweight fleece jacket suggestions?
Brett, EB is having a 40% off sale today (pointed out in another thread); maybe the Cloud Layer Pro Full-Zip Fleece would work for you. I think the Cloud Layer stuff is 100wt polartec fleece.

In GEAR » lightweight fleece jacket suggestions?
December 09, 3:22pm

what is Barrier Stretch Fabric?
PI's site has always been a little confusing. Here's a PI video about the barrier fabrics: http://www.pearlizumi.com/publish/content/pi_2010/eu/en/index/0/TECHNOLOGY.html Look at the ...

In GEAR » what is Barrier Stretch Fabric?
December 09, 12:16pm

high Exertion Winter Layering
For running in cold weather, I usually wear a long-sleeve baselayer and a thin nylon vest, like this: http://www.pearlizumi.com/content/pearlizumi/united-states/en/home/products/men/ride/apparel...

In GEAR » high Exertion Winter Layering
December 09, 10:07am

HMG in PDX and other options coming soon
Matthew, In case you didn't know, Mountain Shop carries HMG packs you can try on. Also, SMD is in Beaverton and should be releasing their new pack line soon. Finally, MLD is going to releas...

In GEAR » Most comfortable lightweight pack?
December 08, 12:13pm

Re: Suggest a mid height WP trail runner
Up to last year, Montrail made a Mountain Masochist Mid Outdry but I don't think they make it this year. You might be able to find it online though, depending on your size.

In GEAR » Suggest a mid height WP trail runner
December 07, 10:06pm

Re: "Light" gear list to shoot for?
I think you should focus on three ways to lighten up your gear: (1) Replace heavier gear with lighter gear. This can (and should) happen over time as you decide what kind of gear you need. The K...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Light" gear list to shoot for?
December 07, 7:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.