BPL Community Profile

Martin Rye (rye1966) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me I work with the homeless in the East of England. Scotland is my main destination to go backpacking. I am a backpacker, nothing more.
CountryUK
My Website URLhttps://martinrye.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Martin Rye

Showing 161 - 170 of 299 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: RIP
I will grant you it is hard to moderate and allow free speech. I hope you do learn and leave it at that.

In Chaff » RIP - BPL from a UK, soon to be ex-member
November 22, 9:51am

Re: Re: RIP
Learn by not taking the piss out of UK backpackes Ryan with insulting pictures making light of what was a insulting attack on Bob.

November 22, 9:44am

Re: RIP
I missed that Ryan posting my other point. Respect should have been shown with deleting days ago and not putting the picture on the forum.

November 22, 9:42am

Re: Re: Get real
Blue a thoughtful and well put point. It shows that with care and consideration what a great place a forum can be. Well done. The picture was uncalled for, misplaced, insulting and the person wh...

November 22, 9:40am

Get real
BPL put the offensive picture on the post. Face up to what you did, and allowed. Don't say it can happen when you did it!

November 22, 9:22am

Is that correct?
"We decided to moderate, and then kill, the thread after discussing the best course of action with Bob Cartwright". So why the insulting picture at the end?, and also why did it take A...

November 22, 7:19am

Re: Re: Re: RIP - BPL from a UK, soon to be ex-member
The issues is Rog for a man that claims to have apologised. To have allowed a offensive final comment with a stupid little insulting picture to be put on the web. Odd behaviour for some one who t...

November 22, 6:28am

Re: RIP - BPL from a UK, soon to be ex-member
Well said Gordon and all Ryan has done is put of lots UK backpackers from wanting any thing to do with him or his company. To claim he had sorted it out with Bob and allow that sign off to happen ...

November 22, 4:33am

Re: Re: Tarptent Scarp1
I could not sit up in an Akto Rog, and I'm only 6'2. Get a Terra Nova Laser (I did) or the Scarp 1.

In GEAR » Tarptent Scarp1 (4 season -freestanding)
November 21, 4:10pm

Re: Re: Tarptent Scarp1 (4 season -freestanding)
The flat end interests me. Would it stand up better pitched end into the wind, or side on? Height and length is a good point Rog. Also Henry what is the strongest wind speed you have tested it in?

In GEAR » Tarptent Scarp1 (4 season -freestanding)
November 20, 3:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Martin Rye

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Haglofs LIM55 LIM55
The LIM55 is a good pack with a claimed weight of 1075G - on my scales it tips in at 1092. The pack has aluminium 6005 - T6 bar as a frame with perforated foam for comfort and padding on the back. It...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
July 15, 6:36am

The Backpacker's Handbook by Chris Townsend
As backpacking is about getting out in to the wilderness and not gear the book is superb. Some hike light and some heavy. Chris caters for each. It helps the beginner steering them to make good inf...

In Books and Media
June 25, 4:16pm

Inov8 RocLite 318 GTX
Used these on my last backpack for a week in Scotland. Poor paths and often no paths, yet comfort all the way. Only concern would be to hot in summer due to the lining. I had no heel lift and total...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
June 11, 11:19am

Alpkit CarbonLite
A while back I gave these poles 5 out 5. A year on they are not used. Poor quality control is an issue. The handles slip of and the tips were fast and the baskets fall of. Under a year is not acce...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 1:44pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
It’s a great pad, no leaks, no problems. It’s given me comfort all over the hills and dales. As for the view it’s on the heavy side trust me it feels lighter to have one of these in your pack after ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 19, 5:04pm

Terra Nova Laser
Nice to see some one appreciating this tent more than the Laser competition. I bought this to replace my Hilleberg Akto as I was fed up of being cramped do to poor head room. I love the Laser and it...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
April 05, 11:54am

Gregory G pack
I bought this pack for a two week coast to coast rout across Scotland (TGO 07) I needed a light pack that was stable as I intended to do a few summits via ridges etc. The good points where comfort at...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 11, 4:22pm

Hilleberg Akto
I used an Akto for three years. Great tent though strong wind does blow the sides in. Not one for tall people like me at 6ft 2. You won’t be able to sit up and the sloping sides get annoying after ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
December 09, 4:59pm