BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 161 - 170 of 916 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: How does one become a thru-hiker?
thats a good question I have a similar one, im still in high school, but want to know of any jobs out there that allow time for such things, I plan on going on a PCT thru hike before college, an...

In Philosophy & Technique » How does one become a thru-hiker?
December 19, 2:43pm

Re: Re: AR pack
l w, thanks so much for the offer, Id go ahead and try selling it to someone else, I would probably buy it from you, It looks just about perfect, but I am not quite prepared to buy any of these pa...

In GEAR » AR pack
December 19, 2:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: AR pack
A big difference between the raid revo and the lafuma is that the salomon has a yoke style harness and the lafuma dosent is there an advantage to one over the other?

In GEAR » AR pack
December 18, 5:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: AR pack
no problem, the lafuma looks like a great pack, I am really looking more into it now, the motion control is really the only reason I would consider an adventure racing style pack for fastpacking/ t...

In GEAR » AR pack
December 18, 5:15pm

Re: Re: AR pack
thanks Alec, I saw that pack on argear.com, and considered it, but it was just a little too heavy for such a low volume pack. but mabey for the extra stability it may be worth it, however the...

In GEAR » AR pack
December 18, 4:42pm

Re: Re: Re: AR pack
thanks christopher, yes. I saw that weight listed on a few websites, but was not sure. good to hear. that makes me a little more sure for the lower volume pack, I like the hipbelt on the salomon...

In GEAR » AR pack
December 18, 4:36pm

AR pack
hey, havent been on the forums for a few months, but I have a question. I have been looking into a few adventure racing style backpacks, Im thinking of buying two, one for day-overnight-and mabe...

In GEAR » AR pack
December 18, 12:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: My ursack failed
Just wondering if you were using an OP liner, I did when I was in yosemite last week and had no problems of any kind with my ursack, I thik it may help just to keep the odor down then the bear wont...

In GEAR » Ursack failure
August 17, 12:19pm

TYT trip report
Hi guys Im back, sadly I found that my online subscripton has expired so I cant veiw all the new site content posted whie I was gone but I will fix that real quick. anyway, The trip was great 9 ...

In Gear Lists » Tahoe-Yosemite trail gearlist
August 17, 12:07pm

Re: Re: Tahoe-yosemite final gear list
Thanks for all the help in planning guys, I was real close to leaving the bear bag liner at home but the suggestion for use as a windscreen made me decide to bring it. I hate small wind screens the...

In Gear Lists » Tahoe-Yosemite trail gearlist
August 01, 7:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm