BPL Community Profile

Curtis B. (rutilate) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale New England
About Me Getting lighter and lighter, but those twinkies just don't seem to be helping much.
CityLittleton
StateMA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List6 Days through Yellowstone in August, 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Curtis B.

Showing 161 - 170 of 378 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...38

Forum » Thread

WTB
Looking for Vibram Treksport, size 40-41, preferably all-black but will consider the black and red vampire model. http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/Five-Fingers-TrekSport-Mens.htm Thanks!

In Gear Swap » WTB
July 26, 5:38am

me too!
me for two!

In Gear Swap » Peter'sHeadNets are Back .. soon.
July 25, 6:21pm

Using a smaller inline filter
I'm setting one up now based on a thread here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48335 It uses the smaller Sawyer squeeze f...

In GEAR » Considering Sawyer's Viral Filter
July 25, 6:14pm

What about using the quick disconnect?
What do you think of using the Sawyer quick disconnect male + female listed here: https://www.sawyersafetravel2.com/moreinformation.asp?pid=169? I've sent an email asking for the weight in o...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter
July 25, 12:22pm

Easton stakes vs. Ti shepherd hooks (on HMG Echo II)?
Folks, when setting up tarps, how many of you use the Easton stakes (0.5oz) vs. the Ti stakes (like from Lawson at Mountainfitter-0.1oz)? The HMG Echo I setup video on youtube from Mike St. Pie...

In GEAR » Easton stakes vs. Ti shepherd hooks (on HMG Echo II)?
July 22, 10:18pm

Interesting hypocrisy
I find it interesting that people are scrutinizing a $25/year purchase far more carefully than their titanium stoves, sporks, or cuben rain skirts. This doesn't excuse BPL for losing sight ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
July 22, 8:32am

You convinced me...
You all convinced me. Thanks for posting details and pics--you've given me everything I need to purchase and duplicate your setups!

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter
July 20, 9:56am

Mike! Post links from your other blogs to your new one!
Mike, I keep trying to find your new site and can't do so without coming back to this BPL post. Google searches on your name and backpacking tips point to lots of interviews and your old sites...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mike C! 's New Book....
July 04, 4:40pm

Good review; like the mid-weight baselayers as well
I have both the EB Expedition and mid-weight baselayers and love them both. As mentioned the expedition weight layers are way too heavy to hike in, but great for very cold or less strenuous activi...

In Editor's Roundtable » Eddie Bauer First Ascent Expedition Weight Baselayers Review
June 29, 10:59am

Re: Re: Need Campsite suggestions on Pemigewassett Loop/Mt Lafayette, NH
We will have passed Liberty Springs-hoping to get a few more miles and make it a 12 mile day, but hoping not to have to add the extra 3 miles by going clear to Garfield. Day 1: Starting at Lin...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Need Campsite suggestions on Pemigewassett Loop/Mt Lafayette, NH
June 26, 6:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Curtis B.

Curtis B. has posted no reviews.