BPL Community Profile

Russell Swanson (rswanson) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midatlantic
About Me Russell Swanson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Russell Swanson

Showing 161 - 170 of 547 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: yawn
I agree Peter and I seem to have forgotten this is BPL! And, I bet the only people bothering to read this thread anymore are the people posting on it. And, we're really going in circles here....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Hunter Shoots Hiker in Washington State
August 21, 6:49am

Re: Re: aghast
Allison Miller wrote- "I personally can't see how modern-day gun use is of much benefit to the average person other than for recreational activities like hunting" I have been prima...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Hunter Shoots Hiker in Washington State
August 20, 7:19pm

Re: Re: I think we can put another fallacy to rest...
Brad Maynard wrote: "See ya on the trail ! when ya come out of your safe room that is!" My sole point in posting the statistics for my state was to debunk the statements being made he...

August 20, 7:42am

I think we can put another fallacy to rest...
...at least in Maryland, where I live. I am currently compiling a spreadsheet listing all the dates throughout the calendar year during which some form of hunting is legal. So far, almost every d...

August 19, 7:40pm

Re: re:hunter shot
"yes, there was no excuse for this young man shooting the hiker. as i said before in earlier post, you just don't go walking in the woods during hunting season, orange vest or not. common ...

August 19, 11:14am

Re: mmm steak
Steve O, You know, at this point I want to let this die...I really do...but every time you guys try to make a point you're reinforcing the ones I have made. There are far, far more people o...

August 19, 6:36am

Re: I love my
Maybe this should be another thread altogether but I feel compelled to respond to a few things posted above which may help explain and clarify my comments. I don't own guns. I enjoy shootin...

August 18, 3:06pm

Re: Marmot Precip 50% off
You should post this in the Gear Deals forum...just FYI!

In Gear Swap » Marmot Precip 50% off
August 15, 6:06pm

Re: Bear Hunter Shoots Hiker in Washington State
Sorry to contribute to major thread drift, guys. My bad! While I would readily refer to cars and guns as tools, as opposed to killing machines, I would agree with everyone in regards to concern...

August 14, 1:46pm

Re: Killin' Critters is FUN
Hey, I guess I wasn't casting a wide enough net in my aforementioned discussions- one post and I've found someone who admits to getting a kick out of killing things! I will let you know ...

August 14, 12:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Russell Swanson

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
This is a little dated as the new Ether series has since replaced my POE pad but I still feel the review is relevant due as a statement about the company. First, the pad is comfortable, so I won'...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 29, 11:48pm

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Max Compact
I'll be posting a similar review under the POE Max Thermo regarding the quality of the pad. First, the pad is as comfortable as advertised, so I won't go into details about this. My comments ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 29, 11:41pm

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
I also had difficulties securing the seal on the on the OP Sak in both a Bear Vault and an Ursak (w/aluminum liner). The OP Sak is square and the bear containers are round. Perhaps a better design w...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 22, 9:42am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
I don't need to add to the comments about the jacket's usefulness and breathability. I practicaly live in mine on the trail. I'm dinging the perfect rating down to a 3/5 for two reasons;...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
May 03, 4:33pm

ULA Conduit
A lot of superlatives have been already said in the above reviews and I don't have a lot to add, other comments about the pad sleeve. It was clearly designed to accept self inflating 3/4 length p...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 10:57am

REI Quarterdome
If you must have a double walled tent, this one is hard to beat. For the price, you're getting a great package. I've had the Quarter Dome for a few years now and it's been quite a serv...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
March 21, 5:18pm

ULA Equipment
Aside from Brian's phenomenal products (which are well documented), I recently had a great experience shopping with ULA. While researching a new pack purchase, Brian Frankle my emails to ULA Equi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 14, 1:58pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Ok, I'll admit that I'm posting this review just to see what it does to my BPL rating. Oh the vanity! I bought this bag sight unseen, based largely on Western Mountaineering’s reputation within th...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 30, 6:02pm