Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Guest

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 161 - 170 of 484 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...49

Forum » Thread

JMT 2012 Clothing/Sleep System
J, As far as using the mosquito netting in August goes...I went in August last year as well with all of the snow and water, and after the sun goes down, even the worst locations, the mozzies are go...

In Gear Lists » JMT 2012 Clothing/Sleep system
January 13, 11:32pm

First UL Pack - JMT/Sierra High Route Summer 2012
Bradley, I will echo the sentiments of the previous posters on finding a pack that your bear can will fit in properly. It has been kind of like finding the "Holy Grail" for me as I have t...

In GEAR » First UL Pack - JMT/Sierra High Route Summer 2012 [GG vs HMG]
January 11, 5:40pm

The Muir Project
I am posting an announcement by one of the Muir Project folks posted earlier on JMT Yahoo. I can't wait for the full length video! "Hello fellow JMT'ers, Jason from the Muir Projec...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Muir Project
January 10, 8:19pm

JMT 2012 Clothing/Sleep system
J, Your list looks pretty good. I was similar to Chris in I had one SS shirt for the day, a LS Cap 3 for around camp and sleeping. I used a WM Summerlight and didn't get chilled except one nig...

In Gear Lists » JMT 2012 Clothing/Sleep system
January 10, 2:26pm

JMT logistics questions
Rob, Thanks for the heads-up on the black dropper bottles. I ordered several different sizes and colored lids to use for a multitude of liquid items. Out of curiosity, when are you looking at h...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT logistics questions.
January 04, 9:40pm

The whiny thread
Good point Chad! This is THE place to post some pent-up chaff. Now I have to figure out a creative way to use ä, ö, and Ä in a sentence! Kat, you've created a 'monster'!

In Chaff » The whiny thread
January 03, 2:42pm

"The whiny thread"
Hey I finally figured out what I want to post on the whiny thread: reading Chad and Eric constantly bickering with each other! Life is too short to be looking for each others shortcomings...give it...

January 03, 12:09pm

"3 Choices! ! ! (Sleeping Pads)"
Is none of the above an appropriate answer? How about the Exped Synmat UL 7 at 16 ozs., 3.1 r-rating, and 2.8" thick. Shaves a lot of space and weight out of your pack and is very comfy. If gi...

In GEAR » 3 Choices! ! ! (Sleeping Pads)
January 02, 10:36pm

"JMT logistics questions."
Bob, To add to what Rob said on the 3 re-supplies. It was REALLY nice to be traveling with daypack weight for the first few days of the JMT. Even after Reds, the weight added was not really that ba...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT logistics questions.
January 02, 7:14pm

The whiny thread
über!!!!! über-cool !!!! Kat, you rock! You have solved a deep and puzzling mystery to me. I will have to find something else to add to the whiny thread. it will come to me soon enough...

January 02, 7:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm