BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 161 - 170 of 457 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...46

Forum » Thread

Another Rant: Not worth paying to sell on BPL
All of this bickering keeps pushing my GoLite Jam pack that I have for sale farther and farther back in the listings...man people you gotta let it go!

In Chaff » Another Rant: Not worth paying to sell on BPL
December 22, 4:18pm

Z-Pack Hex Solo
Dave, I'll get a couple set up shots up after the Christmas travels are over

In GEAR » Z-Pack Hex Solo
December 22, 1:35pm

Z-Pack Hex Solo
I wanted to give some praise to Joe at Z-Packs for building some nice gear! I received my Hex Solo in the three weeks promised and it is a nice piece of equipment. With 8 ti-stakes and the stuff sa...

In GEAR » Z-Pack Hex Solo
December 22, 12:50pm

FS : GoLite Jam Pack
Selling a like-new Jam pack. Size Med.. It is in perfect condition with the exception of having trimmed the shoulder straps, ( see photo ), and removing the bladder sleeve inside the main compartme...

In Gear Swap » FS : GoLite Jam Pack
December 22, 12:45pm

New Zimmerbuilt Pack
I am throwing up another shot of inside and the 'U' frame stiffener and sleeve for thin CC pad and/or coroplast. Duane, You would be suprised at how reasonable the price was. And for fin...

In GEAR » New Zimmerbuilt Pack
December 22, 12:34pm

New Zimmerbuilt Pack
It has a 'U' shaped internal support. Chris built in a sleeve to add a thin CC foam insert and a sheet of coroplast if needed, Pretty clever design and I like how he intergrates the load li...

December 21, 10:42pm

New Zimmerbuilt Pack
Bradford, The weight is 29 ozs. Pack volume is in the 3300 - 3400 cu in. range with all of the pockets included, main pack bag is 2200 cu in.

December 21, 8:11pm

New Zimmerbuilt Pack
I received my new Zimmerbuilt pack today and it is very nice! Chris was exceptional to work with on figuring out what I wanted in a pack based on my likes and dis-likes of previous packs I own or h...

December 21, 7:10pm

Are you new here?
Tony, Thanks for sharing the trip report photos. I am heading out on the HST this summer and enjoyed your photos.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are you new here?
December 20, 7:19am

CT, WM sleeping bag dilemma
My Summerlight has been my go-to bag for several years. I love it! If I know it is going to be a cold night, which it usually is in the high Sierras, I can layer up. I might have to try a quilt one...

In GEAR » CT, WM sleeping bag dilemma
December 17, 1:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm