BPL Community Profile

Kathleen B (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen B has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen B

Showing 161 - 170 of 542 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...55

Forum » Thread

MYOG Pit Zips
Luckily, the jacket doesn't show any signs of fraying where I cut it. If it had, I would have tried heat sealing the edges by dragging the cut edges quickly and carefully along a candle flame....

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pit Zips
January 18, 1:21pm

MYOG Pit Zips
I have learned so much from this site, that I'm only too glad to pass along something that I hope is useful to others.

January 17, 8:29pm

Greek Beef w/ Lemon Couscous
Nice one, Joe. I've got most of the hamburger mix in the oven drying. I held some out to go with some couscous for dinner. Even though I don't have any feta cheese, it still tastes very ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Recipe: Greek Beef w/ Lemon Couscous
January 17, 6:15pm

sauces for dinner
Great honk, each of these recipes makes a lot! I just made the middle eastern, the pesto, and the mole. Note: I cut way back on the salt and used 1 TB of salt in the middle eastern, 1 ts in the ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » sauces for dinner (pre-made)
January 17, 5:39pm

MYOG Pit Zips
I have long wished my ID eVent rain jacket had pit zips, and I finally decided to install some myself. First, I practiced on my cheapie Driducks rain jacket. It worked just fine, so I put them in...

January 17, 3:22pm

Who is your daddy and what does he do?
Hi. My name is Kathleen and I'm a paralegal.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who is your daddy and what does he do?
January 15, 10:31am

Chicken Tuscany Soup
I have noticed, Sarah. And whew! About the harmonyhousefoods.com 20% sale. This would be a good time to try their Greek lentil soup and their great northern bean stew. Both are terrific, and ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Chicken Tuscany Soup
January 14, 7:45pm

Where would you live?
I dunno. He spends an awful lot of time shoveling snow!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where would you live?
January 14, 5:44pm

Where would you live?
Ditto all the votes for the Seattle area. North is Canada, East is the Central Cascades, south is Mt. Rainier, West is the Olympic Peninsula. There are places I would like to visit and explore, b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where would you live?
January 14, 5:26pm

Chicken Tuscany Soup
What Sarah said. The ingredients are guidelines. Since I've bribed all the recipe police to focus just on people who use mushrooms, you've got lots of room to experiment safely. I us...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Chicken Tuscany Soup
January 14, 5:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen B

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm