Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roman Dial (romandial) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale packrafting NZ
About Me A middle aged man, married, fattening up.
CityAnchorage
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roman Dial

Showing 161 - 170 of 210 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Spartan and Muir
Anybody have any (true) very spartan tales? How many nights without tarp? How many nights without bivy sack? Without sleeping bag/quilt? WIthout foam pad? A pack full of food, a cookpot, and an ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Leave it out or lighten it up?
December 09, 11:13pm

Re: Re: Nordic vs Trekking Poles
David: My Excel poles (too short for skating), pink grips with the little ledge at the heal of the hand, simple strap system (not glove-like) I got used in the mid 80's and have used on two doz...

In GEAR » Nordic vs Trekking Poles
December 09, 11:05pm

Re: Maps!
MIles, right there with you! The new computer systems and easy access to remotely sensed images have made this the golden age for geeks like us. Espeacially those of us with big screens to tile ...

In Philosophy & Technique » General Map ?'s
December 09, 5:03pm

Re: Re: reading and writing on UL trips
Erin, What are the dimmensions of the paper you write on? Do you use pen or pencil? Do you take notes during the day, as things happen? If so, where do you keep the notebook? Or only at ni...

In Philosophy & Technique » reading and writing on UL trips
December 09, 4:58pm

Re: Notebooks and such
Miles, very nice stuff. Both the pen and the notebook look pleasurable to use. With writing materials like that who needs to read?

December 09, 4:54pm

Leave it out or lighten it up?
Curious about the general approach most of us have to going lightweight: (1) Do you travel like a Spartan, very doubtful you'll need much of anything and so going without a full pack? (2)...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Leave it out or lighten it up?
December 09, 4:50pm

Re: Re: General Map ?'s
David, we are kindred (and by the way, your comment about how far and how fast from last summer is right on -- the better and simpler model, integrates the increase in speed over time, summing up e...

December 09, 4:45pm

Re: Re: Nordic vs Trekking Poles
David and Dougs: Like PJ said you guys and others have some great experience, study, and advice. I would only like to offer my view of trekking poles vs XC poles from the off-trail standpoin...

In GEAR » Nordic vs Trekking Poles
December 09, 4:38pm

General Map ?'s
Do you enjoy pouring over maps? Why? What's the big satisfaction/attraction? If you do not pour over maps, do you know anyone who does? Do you put maps on your walls? What scale -- big w...

December 09, 4:12pm

reading and writing on UL trips
Wondering what ya'll carry for readin' and writin' and o' course 'rithmetic. Do some carry books? Notebooks? Calculators? Pen fillers or pencil stubs? Do you keep notes ...

December 08, 5:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Roman Dial

Roman Dial has posted no reviews.