BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tokyo, Japan
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 161 - 170 of 861 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...87

Forum » Thread

Re: BPing on O'ahu?
Lucky you! Recommend the Makapuu Point Lighthouse Trail and connecting Kaiwi Shoreline Trail on the East side and the Kaena Point Trail on the West side. Either way you will see lots of humpback wh...

In Pre-Trip Planning » BPing on O'ahu?
January 15, 4:38pm

Re: Improved Hipbelt?
>>I can't quit tell from the pictures provided but it looks like the hipbelt has changed a bit. That might be a big improvement. I tried an Exos on at REI. The hipbelt was so flimsy I did...

In GEAR » 2014 Osprey Exos 48
January 14, 11:42pm

Re: 2014 Osprey Exos 48
Looks to me they left the front outside zip pocket(s) off the 48/58L models. Too bad as it is a fav feature on my 2011 version.

In GEAR » 2014 Osprey Exos 48
January 14, 3:59pm

Re: Re: Quote
>>Really, after rereading his rant/manifesto/letter, I think he's still caught up in the more is better/heavy hauler mindset that your pack must weigh x amount to be comfortable.<< ...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 12, 6:32pm

Re: What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
I'll never know what he has to say. I wasted about 30sec of my time clicking around his clunky circa 1994 website and gave up. First impressions and all that...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 12, 4:27pm

Re: boots or shoes for snowshoeing
Another LW mid boot you may want to look at is the Salewa Snow Trainer. IMO, full mesh trainers aren't the best for long snowshoe days, especially in deeper snow. You need to lock the straps do...

In GEAR » boots or shoes for snowshoeing
January 11, 3:39am

Re: EB Gear @ MSRP
Seriously, who pays full MSRP for anything at EB? The USA retail stores have what seems like perpetual min 20% OFF EVERYTHING when I visit. And the store managers seem to have some discount indepen...

In GEAR » New Eddie Bauer UL jackets, bags, and cubin pack
January 10, 11:01pm

New Eddie Bauer UL jackets, bags, and cuben pack
I see EB has some new kit listed online including an UL 2.5 layer rainshell and minimalist softshell jackets, an EXPENSIVE LW +20F bag INCLUDING built-in airpad, and finally an overbuilt Cubic Tech...

In GEAR » New Eddie Bauer UL jackets, bags, and cubin pack
January 10, 7:49pm

Re: WTB Patagonia R1 hoodie
David, I have Spring 2011 XL in grey. Excellent condition other than some fine piling in typical wear areas.

In Gear Swap » WTB Patagonia R1 hoodie
January 09, 8:48pm

Re: boots or shoes for snowshoeing
Vasque Snow Junkie's are very nice Winer mids and great for snowshoeing if you are not camping. Still very lightweight even with 200g Thinsulate. My size 11 averages 585g per boot. Only avai...

In GEAR » boots or shoes for snowshoeing
January 09, 4:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.