BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tokyo, Japan
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 161 - 170 of 942 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...95

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: SMD Fusion info has been released
Well of course. But in my experience twisting doesn't hold even if the loop is twisted tight. It works loose and when the pack is stood up on ground the pole tip is pushed up and out of the loo...

In GEAR » new SMD packs
February 25, 8:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pigs and fountains
Sala sez >>My post wasn't about what's the best thing to wear. It was about Mr. Glavin's idea of layering the windshell next to a baselayer and then layering over it. I was curiou...

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 25, 6:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pigs and fountains
"in cool-cold weather to mitigate the "flash off" chill affect by having sweat damp/wet layers." Justin sez >>This is why I wear a wool base layer. That flash chill was...

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 25, 6:21pm

Re: Re: layering strategies
Dale sez >>"I wear base/R1/windshirt. I want moisture transfer in that order and the windshirt to trap the warm air in the fleece and prevent the wind from drawing the heat off. To my th...

February 25, 6:14pm

Re: Re: Pigs and fountains
It's aerobic HIKING OUTSIDE for Chrissakes! Not a stroll at the mall or walk with the dog. If you do anything aerobic at all long enough you are going to sweat, especially when carrying a pa...

February 25, 6:05pm

Re: Re: Re: SMD Fusion info has been released
>> Dual loops implies the use of technical axes, does it not? Ron sez "Not necessary. Large numbers of long distance hikers use trekking poles. It's convenient when in town or hi...

In GEAR » new SMD packs
February 25, 5:05pm

Re: SMD Fusion info has been released
Certainly the Fusion is not alone on this as I've seen this before on other non-climbing packs, but wondering why a pack made for long distance hikers has dual ice ax loops? Dual loops implies ...

In GEAR » new SMD packs
February 25, 4:03pm

Re: Mens Quasar Hoody
"inseam" refers to pant size length. This jacket has a center back length of 28" on AVERAGE. So a small might be a little shorter than 28". In contrast, the EB FA Downlight Line...

In GEAR » Mid layer down jacket for tall female
February 24, 7:22pm

Re: Klymit Inertia X Wave
Any more feedback on this Klymit Inertia X Wave pad? Is it better to use it with CCF pad like a Ridgerest even above freezing? I like that is a wide torso length and made with fairly robust mate...

In GEAR » Klymit Inertia X Wave
February 24, 6:55pm

Re: Pack recommendation for the ladies in my life
Yes in my experience, the ladies in my life like their packs with LOTS of pockets for their STUFF. All things equal, they like panel loaders over top loader too. They can get to their STUFF without...

In GEAR » Pack recommendation for the ladies in my life
February 23, 7:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.