BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 161 - 170 of 1556 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...156

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
David Chenault, Are you aware of an alternative wind shirt brand with breathability similar to the 2012 and older Houdinis?

In GEAR » 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
May 22, 3:37pm

2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
I tested the weight, air permeability, and hydrostatic head of the 2013 Houdini pants today: Size L: 3.3 oz. CFM: 3.73 HH: 457 mm H2O Although they are the Houdini brand they have MUCH LESS...

In GEAR » 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
May 22, 2:41pm

Re: Walking whitewater laps on the CDT/Rio Chama
Kevin, GREAT trip report! Is this the first trip you have used the Alpacka drysuit? What is your review of this item?

In Post-Trip Reports » Walking whitewater laps on the CDT/Rio Chama
May 16, 11:35pm

New Werner 4-pc packrafting WW paddles now available
I have a 250 mile WW class II-II pack rafting trip planned for next month. I was very apprehensive about subjecting my Sawyer pack rafting paddle to this level of abuse and not having it break. As ...

In GEAR » New Werner 4-pc packrafting WW paddles now available
May 07, 5:56pm

Re: Lightweight Fry Bake Gear and Technique (Video)
For Ryan's recipes, is it reasonable to assume that the JetBoil's 1.5 Liter FluxRing Cooking Pot & lid, plus JetBoil stove, could provide the same results as the heavier and more specia...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Fry Bake Gear and Technique (Video)
May 01, 1:15pm

Re: Video
Jim, The video displays fine on my iPhone 5. What OS/browser are you using on your smart phone?

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Fry Bake Gear and Technique (Video)
May 01, 12:34pm

Re: Re: Can an iPhone 5 GPS, on Verizon, use the GPS without having the cellular radio running?
Nathan, The numbers are for an iPhone 4 running on the ATT network. I asked about an iPhone 5 on the Verizon network.

In GEAR » iPhone GPS: disabling cell service
April 22, 2:24pm

Can an iPhone 5 GPS, on Verizon, use the GPS without having the cellular radio running?
Has anyone tested this?

In GEAR » iPhone GPS: disabling cell service
April 22, 1:37pm

Re: Escalante and the Waterpocket Fold
Brendan, Thank you for sharing your wonderful adventure. Your pictures and narrative were FABULOUS!

In Post-Trip Reports » Escalante and the Waterpocket Fold
April 18, 9:01pm

Re: Re: Montbell Breeze Dry-Tec
Mark and Stephen correctly evaluated and positioned the relative breathability of MP PU coatings such as MB's. In my lab tests they averaged only .17 CFM versus eVent which tested in the range...

In GEAR » Montbell Breeze Dry-Tec
April 17, 6:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm