Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 161 - 170 of 1580 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...158

Forum » Thread

Thank you
Ian and Steven, Thank you for your help!

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Male-to-Male Adapter
June 26, 7:42pm

Sawyer Squeeze Male-to-Male Adapter
Is there a screw-on male-to-male adapter for the Sawyer Squeeze that allows an Evernew or Sawyer bladder connected to filter's output threads to back-flush?

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Male-to-Male Adapter
June 26, 3:41pm

Re: Torso Simulator to test Heat Loss in Outdoor Gear – Radiation
Jerry, Your testing methodology is MUCH improved from your first published BPL article... congratulations! I just did a speed read as opposed to a detailed analysis. The first thing that rais...

In Editor's Roundtable » Torso Simulator to test Heat Loss in Outdoor Gear – Radiation
June 25, 8:16pm

Re: Thank you
Philip, As both a sea kayaker and backpacker I am in awe of your journeys and your associated video productions. AAA+ SUPERB job!

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking across Kodiak Island, Alaska
June 24, 6:19pm

Re: Re: Re: I tend to trust you, not Sawyer CS

In GEAR » NEW Style Sawyer Water Bladders 1L and 2L
June 13, 1:27pm

Excellent Trip Report
Thank you very much for sharing your adventure with us! Your pictures and narrative beckon me to do a similar trip.

In Post-Trip Reports » Scotland: the West Highland Way, the Cape Wrath Trail, and More
June 11, 11:02pm

Re: Re: Flat water speed comparison of Flytepacker and Alpacka Yukon Yak
Rob, The Thermarest NeoAir short pads fit the bottom of the Flytepacker perfectly. They provide a buffer against cold and rocks; they keep your butt dry; they provide safety floatation in case o...

In Packrafting » Flat water speed comparison of Flytepacker and Alpacka Yukon Yak
June 09, 5:33pm

Re: Flat water speed comparison of Flytepacker and Alpacka Yukon Yak
Rob, Thank you for a GREAT report. I have both boats and came to the same conclusions but did so subjectively. Your excellent objective analysis is a much more valuable way to convey this inform...

In Packrafting » Flat water speed comparison of Flytepacker and Alpacka Yukon Yak
June 09, 4:50pm

Re: Re: Marmot Trail Wind Hoody Air Permeability
Nathan, The Squamish fabric has been the same since 2009.

In GEAR » 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
June 06, 10:22am

Re: Re: WPB jackets and fragility
David Chenault's major reservation with his highly rated Rab Pulse Jacket was the kinked water repellent zipper. The one I received was also kinked. When I looked at the garment care symbols, I...

In GEAR » W/B jackets and fragility
June 06, 12:17am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm